Crowds

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Crowds

by Zip » 17 Oct 2022 10:53

RG30 Anyone get caught up in the turnstiles debacle yesterday? Wasn't exactly a massive crowd yet queues were hundreds deep right on kick off.

Gate 6 was fine but gate 7 had a long queue.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Oct 2022 11:19

I went through gate 7, took a few attempts before it accepted my season ticket, maybe technical issues like that caused the queues.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Oct 2022 11:33

Please forgive the thread hijack...

Can someone tell me what the "cut-down" hospitality options are now? There used to be the two bits in the corners at each end of the West stand, which were different "entry levels" of hospitality, where you didn't get the full meal, just snacks and cash bar.

Do these still exist and if so what are they called these days?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Oct 2022 11:45

Dirk Gently Please forgive the thread hijack...

Can someone tell me what the "cut-down" hospitality options are now? There used to be the two bits in the corners at each end of the West stand, which were different "entry levels" of hospitality, where you didn't get the full meal, just snacks and cash bar.

Do these still exist and if so what are they called these days?

I think this is the only one currently open in the NW corner - https://www.readingfc.co.uk/hospitality/club-106/

There is also this one, but it is upper west - https://www.readingfc.co.uk/hospitality/haygarth-lounge/

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 17 Oct 2022 12:34

Believe most of them haven't returned post-Covid. Club 106 is the cheapest option. Match sponsors now go in the centre-line restaurant – Royals and you can just book a table in there. Premier Suite in the SW corner is just for opposition hospitality and is rarely open.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 17 Oct 2022 12:38

Hendo
RG30 Anyone get caught up in the turnstiles debacle yesterday? Wasn't exactly a massive crowd yet queues were hundreds deep right on kick off.

Yes! Gate 7, missed the first few mins. The readers seemed to be taking longer to scan the tickets - I did also note a few people using mobile tickets, wonder if this had anything to do with it.

Gate 8 was the same, STs, mobile and paper were all taking way longer than normal.
Am always a bit bemused that ST holders still try and stick their card in the scanning 'compartment' rather than just placing it on the WIFI symbol as per the signage. Surely you don't keep making the same mistake?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Oct 2022 12:47

Whore Jackie
Hendo

Yes! Gate 7, missed the first few mins. The readers seemed to be taking longer to scan the tickets - I did also note a few people using mobile tickets, wonder if this had anything to do with it.

Gate 8 was the same, STs, mobile and paper were all taking way longer than normal.
Am always a bit bemused that ST holders still try and stick their card in the scanning 'compartment' rather than just placing it on the WIFI symbol as per the signage. Surely you don't keep making the same mistake?

Rage inducing.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Oct 2022 12:50

Hendo
Whore Jackie
Hendo

Rage inducing.

Worst thing I saw was at the Huddersfield game when they did the cheap kids tickets, a woman had clearly decided to ignore the instructions on her printed ticket and was trying to shove it into the ticket reader. Another guy had also apparently disregarded the printing instruction and just had the ticket up on his phone asking what it wasn't working.