Cardiff Away Moved to 8:00 on a Friday

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Cardiff Away Moved to 8:00 on a Friday

by Green » 11 Jan 2023 15:11

Greatwesternline Can't believe how much abuse the OP is getting.

The OP is correct, football matches should not be rescheduled to disenfranchise the match going fan who wants to use public transport.

Bonkers that people think otherwise.

I think we all felt this 30 years ago and have learnt to begrudgingly accept it. TV, sponsorship and money is king. Travelling fans are at the bottom of the pecking order.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jan 2023 15:25

Green

The OP is correct, football matches should not be rescheduled to disenfranchise the match going fan who wants to use public transport.

I think we all felt this 30 years ago and have learnt to begrudgingly accept it. TV, sponsorship and money is king. Travelling fans are at the bottom of the pecking order.

How realistic is it to do the majority of our midweek away games by public transport any way ?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 11 Jan 2023 16:03

Green

Maybe, but the injustice should still be complained about. Its a Reading based forum. Provides relief from always moaning about Ejaria's lack of forward momentum.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 11 Jan 2023 16:04

Nameless
Green

How realistic is it to do the majority of our midweek away games by public transport any way ?

It's shifting weekend games to Friday and Monday night that are the killer. Mid week games accepted as an arse for your typical punter.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 11 Jan 2023 16:15

Greatwesternline
Green

Maybe, but the injustice should still be complained about. Its a Reading based forum. Provides relief from always moaning about Ejaria's lack of forward momentum.

I guess, I just like to take a more sanguine (small s) approach. It is what it is, either make it work or don't go.

And for gods sake don't book travel or hotels until the sky fixtures for that weekend are confirmed, that's away travel 101.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jan 2023 20:40

3pm Saturday IS football

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Jan 2023 08:36

Green
Greatwesternline
Green I think we all felt this 30 years ago and have learnt to begrudgingly accept it. TV, sponsorship and money is king. Travelling fans are at the bottom of the pecking order.

I guess, I just like to take a more sanguine (small s) approach. It is what it is, either make it work or don't go.

And for gods sake don't book travel or hotels until the sky fixtures for that weekend are confirmed, that's away travel 101.

There's no set time for them to announce the sky fixtures though. Or is there?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Jan 2023 09:09

bcubed
Green
Greatwesternline

No you just have to keep an eye on the televised fixtures list and wait until that weekend appears.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Jan 2023 10:02

Green
bcubed
Green I guess, I just like to take a more sanguine (small s) approach. It is what it is, either make it work or don't go.

No you just have to keep an eye on the televised fixtures list and wait until that weekend appears.

Which makes it tricky if you're trying to make a weekend of it and booking hotel etc

Thought I'd waited long enough :|

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jan 2023 11:49

bcubed
Green
bcubed

Which makes it tricky if you're trying to make a weekend of it and booking hotel etc

Could you not have made a hotel booking with free cancellation? Weather factors also play a part sometimes so always worth doing

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 12 Jan 2023 12:13

bcubed
Green
Greatwesternline

Supposed to be five-weeks notice, which I think Cardiff just about fell into:

In line with the new Domestic Broadcast Agreement with Sky Sports coming into force from the beginning of the 2019/20 season, further amendments have been made to the TV Selections Policy.

The minimum five-week commitment remains in place for the majority of the season but the rolling basis period commences for matches taking place from 04 March onwards is to be shortened to four weeks’ public notice.

The date of rolling selections for the 2022/23 season commences on 03 February for matches from 04 March onwards. The notice period remains at three weeks for the penultimate weekend of the season as per the amendment in March 2018.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Jan 2023 14:58

John Smith
bcubed
Green No you just have to keep an eye on the televised fixtures list and wait until that weekend appears.

Could you not have made a hotel booking with free cancellation? Weather factors also play a part sometimes so always worth doing

Yep it was actually all the other arrangements I'd made that were screwed. Weekend with wife and her friends.

Just thought it was close enough to the game not to be changed.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Jan 2023 14:58

Whore Jackie
bcubed
Green I guess, I just like to take a more sanguine (small s) approach. It is what it is, either make it work or don't go.

Supposed to be five-weeks notice, which I think Cardiff just about fell into:

In line with the new Domestic Broadcast Agreement with Sky Sports coming into force from the beginning of the 2019/20 season, further amendments have been made to the TV Selections Policy.

The minimum five-week commitment remains in place for the majority of the season but the rolling basis period commences for matches taking place from 04 March onwards is to be shortened to four weeks’ public notice.

The date of rolling selections for the 2022/23 season commences on 03 February for matches from 04 March onwards. The notice period remains at three weeks for the penultimate weekend of the season as per the amendment in March 2018.

Ta

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Jan 2023 21:17

AthleticoSpizz 3pm Saturday IS football

1992 IS the year

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Jan 2023 21:46

Dirk Gently
Sutekh Just £10 to join the supporters club and get free coach travel.

How much for the time machine to take you back the 21 years to when the supporters club was disbanded and replaced by a supporters' trust?

Well it wouldn't be HNA? without at least one pedantic oxf*rd.