New Home Shirt Revealed- edit - new stuff from page 7

367 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jun 2006 13:46

bobby1413 still waiting for the new home shirt to be revealed!!

:roll:

Reckon it's going to be late - they're leading on squad numbers today!

Apparently they are contacting people who pre-ordered the new away shirt with 19 on it to see whether they want to change it to 9, now that is Doyle's squad number.

Can't work out why anyone wouldn't want to change it, particularly if they had ordered Doyle and 19!

Thing is, will those who change get a refund to reflect one less digit?!

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 29 Jun 2006 13:57

RoyalBlue Thing is, will those who change get a refund to reflect one less digit?!

Believe its a standard price whether you're having "Doyle - 9" or "van whateveritis of hesselink - 17" printed on the back!

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 29 Jun 2006 14:20

Alan Titchmarsh
RoyalBlue Thing is, will those who change get a refund to reflect one less digit?!

Believe its a standard price whether you're having "Doyle - 9" or "van whateveritis of hesselink - 17" printed on the back!

Has he signed for us then?

HighburyRoyale

A touch harsh

by HighburyRoyale » 29 Jun 2006 14:51

Been around on these boards for about 8/9 years, just thought it was about time to register. Plus I've been waiting about 5 months for my account to actually be authorised to post... touch frustrating.

Appreciate that newbie/plastic abuse is likely to be forthcoming for a while yet....

EASTENDER MARKY

Re: A touch harsh

by EASTENDER MARKY » 29 Jun 2006 15:00

HighburyRoyale Been around on these boards for about 8/9 years, just thought it was about time to register. Plus I've been waiting about 5 months for my account to actually be authorised to post... touch frustrating.

Appreciate that newbie/plastic abuse is likely to be forthcoming for a while yet....

I was only joking mate! :lol:

HighburyRoyale

Re: A touch harsh

by HighburyRoyale » 29 Jun 2006 15:05

EASTENDER MARKY
HighburyRoyale Been around on these boards for about 8/9 years, just thought it was about time to register. Plus I've been waiting about 5 months for my account to actually be authorised to post... touch frustrating.

I was only joking mate! :lol:

No beef fella. Eastsiders stick together...

the proverbial row Z.... Y24

B16

by B16 » 29 Jun 2006 15:56

ayjaydee
Alan Titchmarsh

No wages were a problem

Jay

by Jay » 29 Jun 2006 16:25

B16
ayjaydee
Alan Titchmarsh

No wages were a problem

No wages?! Madejski Out!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jun 2006 17:55

Alan Titchmarsh

You don't think Boyd and co have really missed out on that opportunity to get a bit more blood out of the stone do you?!

Part of the reason for the lack of activity in the transfer market is that Coppell has strict instructions not to sign anyone with less than 10 letters in their surname!

Whistle

by Whistle » 29 Jun 2006 18:40

So is this shirt not revealed then?

Held back for legal reasons?

STAR have vetoed it :wink:

Why can't they describe it in words?

Why does there have to be any suspense about it? My only suspense is how bad it might be.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 Jun 2006 19:46

RoyalBlue
Alan Titchmarsh

You don't think Boyd and co have really missed out on that opportunity to get a bit more blood out of the stone do you?!

Part of the reason for the lack of activity in the transfer market is that Coppell has strict instructions not to sign anyone with less than 10 letters in their surname!
Quite the opposite in fact!

Shirt pricing is standardised on the assumption that everybody wants the name Van-Theodopolopolopolous 1871 printed on their shirts, Coppell is therefore under instructions to sign players with short names to increase proffit margins.... expect to see plenty of South Koreans or Japanese players signed.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 30 Jun 2006 09:24

Forbury Lion
RoyalBlue
Alan Titchmarsh

Quite the opposite in fact!

Shirt pricing is standardised on the assumption that everybody wants the name Van-Theodopolopolopolous 1871 printed on their shirts, Coppell is therefore under instructions to sign players with short names to increase proffit margins.... expect to see plenty of South Koreans or Japanese players signed.

So a 6 lettered Ghanian and 8 lettered (including hyphen) South Korean should fit the bill :wink:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 30 Jun 2006 10:45

Where's this home shirt that was supposed to be unveiled yesterday?

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 30 Jun 2006 11:30

Being cynical as I am. The advance ordering for the away shirt ends at midnight tonight. Expect the new home shirt to appear tomorrow for a new advance ordering peiord.

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 30 Jun 2006 12:26

Top Flight Where's this home shirt that was supposed to be unveiled yesterday?

I was lied to and they've made me look a fool!!! How f*cking dare they!

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 30 Jun 2006 17:23

premiership_bound Being cynical as I am. The advance ordering for the away shirt ends at midnight tonight. Expect the new home shirt to appear tomorrow for a new advance ordering peiord.
Probably not, they don't normally seem to bother to put anything up on the OS on weekends.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2006 10:10

Where is this new home shirt then? :wink:

paul_3gs

by paul_3gs » 03 Jul 2006 11:51

just found out from the club that it is still going to be a while before we can get hold of the new home shirt!
they said that it will be available to pre-order in the middle of july, but wont be in the megastore until 12th august! ironically the day of the feyenoord game!!!! money spinner :shock:
typical reading football club always cutting the release of a new home shirt a bit fine, well at least its before the season starts not after like last years if i recall :lol: :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Jul 2006 11:57

paul_3gs just found out from the club that it is still going to be a while before we can get hold of the new home shirt!
they said that it will be available to pre-order in the middle of july, but wont be in the megastore until 12th august! ironically the day of the feyenoord game!!!! money spinner :shock:
typical reading football club always cutting the release of a new home shirt a bit fine, well at least its before the season starts not after like last years if i recall :lol: :lol:

Ahhh, well I can't say I'm suprised. I waited 10 weeks for my shirt last season before cancelling it.

I am looking forward to getting this one though. Just want to know what it'll be like.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Jul 2006 12:15

Sorry, not read all of this thread, but has the shirt been revealed? I've not seen any mention of it on the official site.

367 posts