New Home Shirt Revealed- edit - new stuff from page 7

367 posts
Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 08 Aug 2006 14:15

In protest on the rubbishness of our kit, I bought this from ebay;

for a bargain £9.99. It's my tribute to the shirt that should have graced the premiership back in the day. At least it's got proper, if a bit itchy, hoops.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 08 Aug 2006 16:00

Nick Shorey my Lord! In protest on the rubbishness of our kit, I bought this from ebay;

for a bargain £9.99. It's my tribute to the shirt that should have graced the premiership back in the day. At least it's got proper, if a bit itchy, hoops.

:wink: Quality!

I've still got mine, but I put it in the washing machine on the wrong settings and it came out like a tye-die shirt! :shock:

midlandadie

by midlandadie » 10 Aug 2006 16:27

rabidbee
Nick Shorey my Lord! In protest on the rubbishness of our kit, I bought this from ebay;

I've still got mine, but I put it in the washing machine on the wrong settings and it came out like a tye-die shirt! :shock:

thats the shirt i always where! bring back a home shirt with hoops all the way round!

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 11 Aug 2006 10:03

midlandadie
rabidbee

thats the shirt i always where! bring back a home shirt with hoops all the way round!

we are not allowed!!!prem regulations!!! :roll:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Aug 2006 10:50

Drew_3
midlandadie
rabidbee

we are not allowed!!!prem regulations!!! :roll:

Bollocks. Newcastle has a shirt with stripes on the back. :roll:

Oh and has anyone seen the West Brom shirt?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Aug 2006 11:04

Show me the Newcastle strip from this season. I haven't seen it yet (the back). Oh, and what league are West Brom in again? :roll: :roll: :roll:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Aug 2006 11:08

What league are Crystal Palace in?

I keep saying, it's just a bloody fashion trend. I hope very soon we will return to our senses and get our proper hoops back.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Aug 2006 13:54

Change the record please, this one's crap.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Aug 2006 13:56

Not until people stop bringing up this non-existent rule.

midlandadie

by midlandadie » 11 Aug 2006 14:37

so if this rule exists someone show us where and which rule it is in the premier league rule book? Qpr played with hoops in the prem granted it was a while back but cant remember them having problems about it!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Aug 2006 14:51

We've already talked about this earlier in the thread and I already had a look on the web for this rule. It most definitely does not exist. Well not in as so much words, only that a new kit has to meet the approval of the FA.

Just checked back, the discussion is on page 11.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Aug 2006 15:42

Final word. It's not as if this was just some random rumour that started us talking about panels on backs. It came DIRECTLY from the club. As to rules, there are no rules available to view online from the Premier League (except for the basic points rules). RFC originally told us before last season started that the rule was going to come into effect for the 2006/07 season in the Premiership (that's the one that kicks of in 8 days time, and that we are a part of). Hence why QPR were able to wear a hooped shirt back in 1995/96. The rule didn't exist then. You say it doesn't exist now because you can't find it? Well that don't exactly make it so. I'm not going to say it most definately does exist as I can't find the rule either, but I'm not sure the club would just make up something out of the blue without reason.

Ends.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Aug 2006 15:47

Rawlie19 It came DIRECTLY from the club.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember the club telling us that they had to do it because of a rule. In fact, I don't remember them justifying the design of any kit. They just trot it out and expect us to buy it.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 11 Aug 2006 19:41

Rawlie19 Final word. It's not as if this was just some random rumour that started us talking about panels on backs. It came DIRECTLY from the club. As to rules, there are no rules available to view online from the Premier League (except for the basic points rules). RFC originally told us before last season started that the rule was going to come into effect for the 2006/07 season in the Premiership (that's the one that kicks of in 8 days time, and that we are a part of). Hence why QPR were able to wear a hooped shirt back in 1995/96. The rule didn't exist then. You say it doesn't exist now because you can't find it? Well that don't exactly make it so. I'm not going to say it most definately does exist as I can't find the rule either, but I'm not sure the club would just make up something out of the blue without reason.

Ends.

Actually, the rules are on the PL website, as a pdf in the "Publications" section. You have to register first.

Section F (p 57) deals with player identification and strips, and I can't see a rule specifically banning hoops and stripes. Rule F7 simply says "each Player shall wear a shirt on the back of which shall be prominently displayed his shirt number and above that his surname..."

Of course, it also says that vaious regulations will be laid down from time to time by the Board, so it may be a regulation not laid down in the official rules.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 11 Aug 2006 21:56

SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19 It came DIRECTLY from the club.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember the club telling us that they had to do it because of a rule. In fact, I don't remember them justifying the design of any kit. They just trot it out and expect us to buy it.

I do

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Aug 2006 20:16

Saw the new shirt in the flesh, so to speak, for the first time today - god is it awful. Who the hell designed that, looks like a Primary School make a new Reading shirt competition winner.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 12 Aug 2006 20:18

Schards#2 Saw the new shirt in the flesh, so to speak, for the first time today - god is it awful. Who the hell designed that, looks like a Primary School make a new Reading shirt competition winner.

Watching the match today, I have to say that I couldn't get out of my head the idea that we were watching Ipswich every time the players were facing away from me. I'm sure I'll get used to it though - I got used to last year's.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 13 Aug 2006 01:19

I like the shirt, it's different and I kinda like it but from behind it is totally hideous. And it doesn't look half as good as last seasons home kit. The shirt just doesn't look right with the blue shorts.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Aug 2006 02:08

BEAUTIFUL it has hoops and all

The new kit is a mess

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 13 Aug 2006 02:17

Gotta say, I've been deliberating over the new shirt for some time. I thought I'd get used to it when I saw it in the flesh, and I have a discount ticket but... It's hideous... I will never wear it. I can't buy it, I just can't.

367 posts