Upgrading under 12 season ticket for one off games

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Upgrading under 12 season ticket for one off games

by Mr Optimist » 20 Jul 2006 22:53

I apologise in advance if this question has already been asked and answered, I've looked through 5 pages and can't see it!!

Last year I could upgrade my 4 yr olds ticket 6 times, is there a similar policy for the young whipper snapper tickets this year? and if so how many times can I upgrade it to an adult ticket?

Due to living 240 miles away and my son being at school I will not be able to take him to all the games.

Thanks in advance...

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Upgrading under 12 season ticket for one off games

by bobby1413 » 20 Jul 2006 23:13

Mr Optimist I apologise in advance if this question has already been asked and answered, I've looked through 5 pages and can't see it!!

Last year I could upgrade my 4 yr olds ticket 6 times, is there a similar policy for the young whipper snapper tickets this year? and if so how many times can I upgrade it to an adult ticket?

Due to living 240 miles away and my son being at school I will not be able to take him to all the games.

Thanks in advance...

From your post it's obvious now why your username is Mr Optimist. I would doubt very much if the club will allow you to do it this season.

I don't know 100% but from previous actions I would doubt it. I also know that if you wanted to upgrade a concession to an adult season ticket you would not be allowed to.

I know this is not what you want, but it may give an indication.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Jul 2006 23:55

The Official Site Season Tickets are non-transferable and are only valid when used by the Holder except when a concession Season Ticket is upgraded to be used by an adult for an evening fixture only. The fee must be paid in advance.

An evening fixture is deemed to be one which kicks off later than 7pm. Upgrades are only allowed for a designated number of games per season, provisionally this number has been set at three times.

In exceptional circumstances, when a concession season ticket holder cannot attend a home daytime match, (games kicking off before 7pm) for example because of illness, upgrades may be possible at the discretion of the Ticket Sales Centre.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 00,00.html

HTH

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 22 Jul 2006 10:36

Cheers for both replies, particularly TFF.

It worked out quite well being able to upgrade my son's ticket occasionally last year. I can understand the club wanting to protect against the misuse of a youngster's ticket but hopefully by the sound of it they will take each case on its merit.

From my own personal point of view, I have been living in North Wales for the past 7 years and have made monthly visits back to home games and go to some of the northern away games. Prior to this I was a season ticket holder since at the Madejski and for many years at EP.

I now have a young family and my eldest son who is 4 became a season ticket holder with me for the second half of last season as, like many others, after watching Reading for 25+ years I was not going to miss out on history being made!!

My wife thinks I am mental to spend over £700 on our two season tickets for next year when we have to make a 460 mile round trip to home games, but she grudgingly can see how much it means to me and that I simply have to be at home games as often as I can.

As fate would have it, through HNA I have in the last year or so discovered another Reading exile living 3 or 4 miles away from me in N Wales which is fantastic to have someone locally to talk to, go to the pub to watch games on Sky etc etc !

Last year, my son being only four could not travel with me to all the games so for a limited number of games my exiled friend upgraded his ticket and came with me.

I would on some occasions like to be able to do this again this year, and not necessarily just for night games, which I may not be able to attend myself, hopefully the club may be a little bit flexible and show some understanding and appreciation for some of its fans that are just as loyal and committed but live over 4 hours drive away!! I am as you say an optimist by name and an optimist by nature!! [/quote]

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Jul 2006 11:47

What happens if a non concession season ticket holder can not attend a game, for example because of illness...... Are they permitted to transfer their ticket to a mate? (I'm sure they would anyway regardless).

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Jul 2006 12:57

As it says "Season Tickets are non transferable " so I would guess if yu are ill its tough luck

this will be a vain attempt by the club to get people to subscribe to the buy back idea rather than giving their ticket to their mate.

as long as you mate

1. knows how to use you ticketto gain access

2. doesn't walk around like a numpty looking lost and being daft enough to ask the steward where his seat is...

The club will never figure it out!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Jul 2006 14:18

Mr Optimist hopefully by the sound of it they will take each case on its merit.

It sounds like the three upgrades for evening fixtures permitted by the terms and conditions is going to be less than useless for you.
It will be interesting to see how the club will interpret 'exceptional circumstances' where the ticket sales centre have the discretion to allow an upgrade to a daytime match. I suggest you send the customer services manager Jackie Evans an email at customerservices@readingfc.co.uk and explain your circumstances.
The club are in an impossible situation here to separate out genuine cases like yours and those who want to exploit the system.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Jul 2006 15:12

weybridgewanderer this will be a vain attempt by the club to get people to subscribe to the buy back idea rather than giving their ticket to their mate.
I don't see why it should be any different for kids tickets, but it's the clubs decision and they can't change the rules now people have stumped up the cash.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Jul 2006 15:18

People will lend tickets to their mates - everyone knows that, and the club know it too - they recongise this and as long as no one talkes the p*ss they'll be happy enough about this - it stops seats being empty and they have the money already.

But they do need to have the "not transferable" rule because there are some people out there who would try to take advantage - e.g. touting every match or the big games for a profit, one way or another.

The rules have to exist for those who do try to make a profit out of passing on tickets. No rule, nothing the club can do.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 25 Jul 2006 21:36

M4 Junction 11
Mr Optimist hopefully by the sound of it they will take each case on its merit.

It sounds like the three upgrades for evening fixtures permitted by the terms and conditions is going to be less than useless for you.
It will be interesting to see how the club will interpret 'exceptional circumstances' where the ticket sales centre have the discretion to allow an upgrade to a daytime match. I suggest you send the customer services manager Jackie Evans an email at customerservices@readingfc.co.uk and explain your circumstances.
The club are in an impossible situation here to separate out genuine cases like yours and those who want to exploit the system.

Many thanks M4 I was thinking who would be the best person to plead my case to. I agree the club does have to do something to stop people exploiting the system but in these days of traceability, royalty points and the club having everyone's names and addresses I am hopeful that this will make it easier for them to distinguish between the genuine cases and the try ons!!

I can supply them with my friend's membership number etc. He does work some Saturdays as he is self-employed so it is not as if it will be every other game that I would be looking to upgrade the ticket anyway.

I will write to Jackie Evans as you suggest some time this week and see how I get on. I have had nothing but a positive response from the ticket office when I have asked for their help in the past.

Cheers again

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1