Loyalty Points - Do they Make sense?

Loyalty Points - Good Thing - Bad Thing?

Good Thing
76%
Bad Thing
24%

Total votes: 89
Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Aug 2006 18:30

URZZZZZZZZ The idea needs to be in place. I disagree with only getting 2 points for an away game though, as opposed to the 5 you get for home matches.

Are you still buying tickets for last season, then?

susieroyal

by susieroyal » 23 Aug 2006 10:25

To be fair both the Boro and Villa tickets have gone on general sale. I think it will only be a few games when They are needed to get a ticket.The home games against Chelsea and Man Utd are on Sky which (although changing the kick off time) I think will make it easier for "loyal" fans to get a ticket. I think the first "big" away game is Liverpool in November, by which time most fans have had chance to get some Royalty points and bandwagon jumpers will find it hard to get tickets.

by 1960 » 23 Aug 2006 16:38

Can I please yet again put people right. Supporters in the South Bank are not necessarily plastics/newbies/glory hunters. I have been a supporter since before most of you were born. I used to sit in the East Stand. BUT I can't afford a season ticket, and it would be a waste of money because I can't get to every match. We have 18,000 ST holders, a lot of whom will be plastics/newbies/ glory hunters - where were 6,000 of them when we were avearging 12,000 a game?

So at least 6,000 people have suddenly jumped on the bandwagon and are diehard supporters while people who have supported the club all their lives have to sit in the South Stand and are called plastics.

So cut it out. You 6,000 know who you are. Just don't call me plastic.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Aug 2006 16:59

1960 Can I please yet again put people right. Supporters in the South Bank are not necessarily plastics/newbies/glory hunters. I have been a supporter since before most of you were born. I used to sit in the East Stand. BUT I can't afford a season ticket, and it would be a waste of money because I can't get to every match. We have 18,000 ST holders, a lot of whom will be plastics/newbies/ glory hunters - where were 6,000 of them when we were avearging 12,000 a game?

So at least 6,000 people have suddenly jumped on the bandwagon and are diehard supporters while people who have supported the club all their lives have to sit in the South Stand and are called plastics.

I didn't think anyone was calling us Southies plastics, and if they were they are twats. but the South is the place for new supporters. I saw a couple of girls through the turnstiles ahead of me with paper tickets. They can't have been member, after the Boro game they may well soon become them. Which can only be a good thing.

I'm a little miffed at the club for making member cards cost £10, thats a lot of outlay just to be abe to get mildly cheaper tickets and start collecting Royalty points. I'd have thought £5 was fair. Afterall most of us got them free.

I looked at the OS the other day and it still had away games at 2 points, so I'm a bit confused as to why it seems so many people claim they are now 5.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Aug 2006 18:42

Ian Royal I looked at the OS the other day and it still had away games at 2 points, so I'm a bit confused as to why it seems so many people claim they are now 5.

Yes, very confusing.

I took the completely illogical and bizarre route of looking at:

Tickets
Member Card
Royalty Points

And there is was:

5 points for an away game booking through the RFC ticket office*

Absolutely absurd to have hidden the details there, I know, but that's RFC for you.

And yes, it's been like that for weeks if not months. Sort it out RFC.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Aug 2006 19:26

Platypuss
Ian Royal I looked at the OS the other day and it still had away games at 2 points, so I'm a bit confused as to why it seems so many people claim they are now 5.

Yes, very confusing.

I took the completely illogical and bizarre route of looking at:

Tickets
Member Card
Royalty Points

And there is was:

5 points for an away game booking through the RFC ticket office*

Absolutely absurd to have hidden the details there, I know, but that's RFC for you.

And yes, it's been like that for weeks if not months. Sort it out RFC.

Cheers Platy. I actually intend to go to more away games this year as I'm not sure how many home I can make so it will hopefully come in handy.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 24 Aug 2006 13:11

1960 Can I please yet again put people right. Supporters in the South Bank are not necessarily plastics/newbies/glory hunters. I have been a supporter since before most of you were born. I used to sit in the East Stand. BUT I can't afford a season ticket, and it would be a waste of money because I can't get to every match. We have 18,000 ST holders, a lot of whom will be plastics/newbies/ glory hunters - where were 6,000 of them when we were avearging 12,000 a game?

Good point. I've been going to 4 years (couldnt go before that for various reasons) and couldnt justify the price of the season ticket given that I wouldnt be able to all the games. I too have to sit in the South Stand, having sat in the East Stand in ther past and I resent being called a plastic as I try to go to as many games as I can.

The sad fact of life is that I always knew that if we got to the Premiership a lot of local people who used to (or still do) support other Prem teams would start going too, pushing away thoise fans who've been going for many years.

Y25

by Y25 » 24 Aug 2006 13:16

"Whole families at football are one of the reasons why the support at clubs has dwindled in it's passion. Whatever happened to your old man introducing his son to football by taking him down his local boozer to meet the lads then onto the ground after. Say no to mum and AN Other child coming"

F OFF YOU knob head

You don't have to be a sad old man with no life outside of football to be a die hard Royal

My wife and Son are Reading mad and would happily kick your head in for Premiership survival

Y25

by Y25 » 24 Aug 2006 13:20

On a slightly seperate note - I think the idea of those wanting to go to Man U, Chelsea have to buy Charlton/Bolton is a good thing

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 24 Aug 2006 13:27

Y25 On a slightly seperate note - I think the idea of those wanting to go to Man U, Chelsea have to buy Charlton/Bolton is a good thing

Yes to a point, what happens if you can't get to Man U are you not allowed to the games like Charlton/Bolton as well?

susieroyal

by susieroyal » 24 Aug 2006 19:39

Ian Royal

I didn't think anyone was calling us Southies plastics, and if they were they are twats. but the South is the place for new supporters. quote]

Why new supporters in the South Stand?
Do people not realise that the club has some perfectly loyal fans who simply cannot go every week?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Aug 2006 09:51

With the lastest blood out of stone technique of 'linking' they are now nonsense!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 25 Aug 2006 10:08

Y25 On a slightly seperate note - I think the idea of those wanting to go to Man U, Chelsea have to buy Charlton/Bolton is a good thing

I speak as someone who won't get to the United game as I don't have enough member points.

Fans have spent the last two seasons going to all sorts of places, accumulating member points precisely for the benefit of securing tickets for sell out fixtures such as United or Arsenal.

Imho, to now be told 'thanks for your unconditional support', but whether the Charlton game is practical or desirable to you, a United ticket will cost you £70, is outrageous.

Y25

by Y25 » 26 Aug 2006 11:38

I'm a STH so not really a problem for me

I just thought it was a good idea by the club to generate xtra bums on seats

You will pay more - but surely a Reading fan will want to go to matches against Charlton, Bolton etc anyway?

The fans pay out but isn't that always the case

It just stops the people in Reading who support the top 5 invading our space

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 26 Aug 2006 14:57

Y25 I'm a STH so not really a problem for me

I just thought it was a good idea by the club to generate xtra bums on seats

You will pay more - but surely a Reading fan will want to go to matches against Charlton, Bolton etc anyway?

The fans pay out but isn't that always the case

It just stops the people in Reading who support the top 5 invading our space

I try to avoid abuse, but you are talking bollox, only fans with enough Royalty points will get the tickets, not the local Prem fans.

This idea is completely to blackmail fans into having to buy the two things at the same time, it is not like they are offering a discount, that might have been fair to have done, as Villa did for our game, they then got £5 off the Newcastle game if bought together, that is called marketing.

Can you imagine the kings of marketing, (TESCO) only selling you bread if you bought a can of beans as well, I think not.

DaveM

by DaveM » 26 Aug 2006 15:15

The ticket office is more of a problem then loyalty points. Say you did want to take your mate, your kid or your missus, then theres no way they would be able to sort you out two seats together.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Aug 2006 17:04

Y25 "Whole families at football are one of the reasons why the support at clubs has dwindled in it's passion. Whatever happened to your old man introducing his son to football by taking him down his local boozer to meet the lads then onto the ground after. Say no to mum and AN Other child coming"

F OFF YOU knob head

You don't have to be a sad old man with no life outside of football to be a die hard Royal

My wife and Son are Reading mad and would happily kick your head in for Premiership survival

Well said that man - if they want some back up my daughter will happily pile in too!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Aug 2006 17:09

If you only want to go to Charlton, surely you won't be forced into buying a Man U ticket as well??

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 26 Aug 2006 17:12

Royal Lady If you only want to go to Charlton, surely you won't be forced into buying a Man U ticket as well??

well of course you will the Charlton ticks are not on sale individually, untill after the Man U game.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Aug 2006 17:13

Royal Lady If you only want to go to Charlton, surely you won't be forced into buying a Man U ticket as well??

That would force a Man U ticket to be de-linked though, wouldn't it?