Buy-back scheme

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
The Goat was fed

Buy-back scheme

by The Goat was fed » 02 Aug 2006 14:34

Anybody heard any news about the ticket buy-back scheme for ST holders?

The club said a few months ago they would be announcing the details in, I think, June or July but I've heard nothing. I'll have to miss a ferw games this season and the money is not to be sneezed at...

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 02 Aug 2006 16:41

the HNA 'buy back' scheme pays better :wink:

fridays child

by fridays child » 03 Aug 2006 08:03

You not got any mates who would take up the spare?
I've lost count of those that have said they'll be happy to pay to use mine if I'm 'indisposed'

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Aug 2006 08:19

May not be as easy for us As the same steward is stationed near us each game. In the past, if one of the kids couldn't make the game we tended to bring along a friend of the other. However, I fear in future the steward may blow the whistle on us if the appearance of the kids changes from one game to the next!

Personally we never thought we were doing any wrong. We had paid for the season ticket, thus guaranteeing rather than depriving the club of income. Furthermore, occasionally bringing other kids along helped spread word of The Royals in our part of the world.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 03 Aug 2006 10:53

FYI another club that has introduced this sort of buy back scheme this summer

They offer you £10 to buy back your ticket. You do not get the cash but this is added to an account which they will then use to "discount" your renewal the following the season

so if the new season ticket price £545

10 games sold back - 10 x £10 = £100 in your account

so renewal price you pay = £445

Thats how one other club I know are implementing the scheme. Lets see how Reading do it

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 03 Aug 2006 12:05

Thats a pretty good idea, ensures the money goes back into the club.
Perhaps the money back could be given in vouchers for use in the Ticket office or the megastore?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 03 Aug 2006 12:07

weybridgewanderer so if the new season ticket price £545

Effectively 9 matches for £445. Bargain.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 03 Aug 2006 12:53

RoyalBlue May not be as easy for us As the same steward is stationed near us each game. In the past, if one of the kids couldn't make the game we tended to bring along a friend of the other. However, I fear in future the steward may blow the whistle on us if the appearance of the kids changes from one game to the next!

Personally we never thought we were doing any wrong. We had paid for the season ticket, thus guaranteeing rather than depriving the club of income. Furthermore, occasionally bringing other kids along helped spread word of The Royals in our part of the world.

To be honest I don't think you are risking much so long as the friend is in the entitled age bracket. The people they are really after are those who buy a ST for an U12 and then try to sneak in a 21 year old (or an adult).

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Aug 2006 12:58

West Stand Man
RoyalBlue May not be as easy for us As the same steward is stationed near us each game. In the past, if one of the kids couldn't make the game we tended to bring along a friend of the other. However, I fear in future the steward may blow the whistle on us if the appearance of the kids changes from one game to the next!

To be honest I don't think you are risking much so long as the friend is in the entitled age bracket. The people they are really after are those who buy a ST for an U12 and then try to sneak in a 21 year old (or an adult).

Correct - or those who sell tickets on at personal profit on a regular basis.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Aug 2006 13:16

weybridgewanderer FYI another club that has introduced this sort of buy back scheme this summer

They offer you £10 to buy back your ticket. You do not get the cash but this is added to an account which they will then use to "discount" your renewal the following the season

Thats how one other club I know are implementing the scheme. Lets see how Reading do it

I don't see why anyone would utilise this scheme, especially if you can give the ticket to a mate or for a nominal amount

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 03 Aug 2006 13:35

weybridgewanderer FYI another club that has introduced this sort of buy back scheme this summer

Boyd will love that idea! They 'give' you £10 for your ticket but actually keep it. Then they flog your ticket for three or four times that amount!!

It's perfect for a RFCTO scheme! :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 03 Aug 2006 13:37

Dirk Gently
West Stand Man

Correct - or those who sell tickets on at personal profit on a regular basis.

You might think it would be low risk if I kept to the spirit of things but the steward concerned once took me to task for 'shouting too much/too loudly' during a game!!!

On that basis, giving my kid's ticket to another of the same or lower age must surely be a capital offence!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Aug 2006 14:59

If you sell your seat back to the club do you lose any Royalty points that would have been allocated to your account for attending the match?

If so, It will make sense to sell to a mate as at least you can be sure the points will go on your card.

midlandadie

by midlandadie » 05 Aug 2006 15:43

so if someone cant go to man utd at home (highly unlikely) this is priced at £41 game the club have took your money then buy it back for a tenner?then sell it for another £41!people will sell there ticket to friends or family its easier with no hassle plus your get the same money back that your ticket cost the only time this scheme will be used is for teams like watford wigan etc

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Aug 2006 15:59

I know there are 6 games that, barring shifts in kick off times, I probably won't get to because of work; Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Aston Villa, Charlton and Portsmouth. By coincidence, 6 of the less attractive games of the season (6 we have a good chance of winning and i'm going to miss them, bollocks). Will the demand for those games be there? Possibly but I'd want at the very least, 50% of the face value of the seat refunded to make me think about doing it, either as a straight cash deal or credited to my credit card account. If the club want to offer me vouchers or credit for official merchandised tat at some crappy rate like £10 a ticket, they can blow it out their collective arse because the incentive just isn't there.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 07 Aug 2006 01:00

i only used an example of one club

thier ticket price per games is £23

I wouldb't imagine the numbers are quite the same for us

basically, if they are able to resell the ticket, they take an admin fee off then split the difference with you

also ALL public sale tickets must be sold before they will start reselling "returned" season tickets

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Aug 2006 23:04

Do the club have any plans to actually introduce a scheme before the season starts or has the whole idea been quietly ditched?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Aug 2006 08:05

As far as I have been told the scheme will be happening. Not sure exactly when, but plans are definitely being made for it.

Instead of a specific figure like a tenner, the value will be a percentage of the ticket price (i.e. a higher credit for Man Utd than for Bolton) minus a small, fixed, admin charge.

You won't get the cash, it'll be a credit for next year's ST purchase.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 15 Aug 2006 09:42

midlandadie so if someone cant go to man utd at home (highly unlikely) this is priced at £41 game the club have took your money then buy it back for a tenner?then sell it for another £41!people will sell there ticket to friends or family its easier with no hassle plus your get the same money back that your ticket cost the only time this scheme will be used is for teams like watford wigan etc

I can't.

B16

by B16 » 15 Aug 2006 09:59

Scarface
midlandadie so if someone cant go to man utd at home (highly unlikely) this is priced at £41 game the club have took your money then buy it back for a tenner?then sell it for another £41!people will sell there ticket to friends or family its easier with no hassle plus your get the same money back that your ticket cost the only time this scheme will be used is for teams like watford wigan etc

I can't.

I can't either

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1