Linked tickets - ST holders please ignore

Holding Out Hope

by Holding Out Hope » 30 Aug 2006 12:38

haven't read all this thread, but i must just say this idea is one of the best the club have done.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2006 12:41

Holding Out Hope haven't read all this thread, but i must just say this idea is one of the best the club have done.
Why must you say that then? Are you Boyd Butler?

Holding Out Hope

by Holding Out Hope » 30 Aug 2006 12:49

No, but it stops big game glory hunters going, or if not stopping them then at least they have to buy tickets for Charlton too.

Aslong as Charlton tickets go on sale as normal aswell as this linked thing, then i cant see how its a bad thing?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Aug 2006 12:53

Charlton tickets won't go on sale as normal

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2006 12:54

Silver Fox Charlton tickets won't go on sale as normal
Exactly. And that's why it is NOT a good idea.

Holding Out Hope

by Holding Out Hope » 30 Aug 2006 12:58

Correct, had i read all this thread i'd of understood that, which is why i stated at start of my post that i hadn't read all the thread.

Now, agreed it is a bad idea

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2006 13:01

Holding Out Hope Correct, had i read all this thread i'd of understood that, which is why i stated at start of my post that i hadn't read all the thread.

:lol:

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 30 Aug 2006 17:22

Holding Out Hope Correct, had i read all this thread i'd of understood that, which is why i stated at start of my post that i hadn't read all the thread.

It's like those Comprehension exercises at school isn't it, where your teacher used to say read the whole story at least twice through because there might be things in there that give it another meaning.

Welcome to the Bandwagon, Holding Out Hope. For more information see a similar topic in STAR forum. (I am rubbish at links)

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 30 Aug 2006 17:27

I EMAILED CUSTOMER SERVICES TO COMPLAIN AND HAVE HAD THIS AS A REPLY - THOUGHT IT MAY BE OF SOME INTEREST

Thank you for your email and comments which have been dually recorded.

The linking system is being used because we want to ensure that tickets for the
most popular games go to supporters who are also prepared to support the team in
less high-profile fixtures, this ticketing policy is in line with other
Premiership Clubs.

A similar system will be used for future home Platinum category games - eg the
Platinum game with Chelsea will be linked with the silver Bolton fixture. Sale
dates will be announced as soon as possible.

We are also very keen to ensure the team is cheered on by full houses in all the
games leading up to Christmas.

All linked games will remain linked until tickets have been on general sale for
7 days, any tickets available after that date will be sold for individual
matches.

In the meantime I thank you for taking to the time to write to me.

Kind Regards

Debbie Gadsby
Customer Service Advisor

SO IF NO ONE BUYS THE LINKED TICKETS THEY STOP BEING LINKED!

THIS SEEMS FAIRER, BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF NO ONE BOUGHT THEM AT ALL.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2006 17:28

I suppose that's the answer then. Don't buy the linked tickets for the first 7 days - then all the tickets will be sold separately. :roll:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Aug 2006 17:30

It's actually after the tickets have been on general sale for 7 days, so that's on top of the time when they've gone through the royalty points process

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2006 17:31

therefore, they know that there'll be none left to "un link" so to speak. Shysters.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Aug 2006 17:40

That email response is a cut and paste of the web site explanation, so they can't do links either.

66DD

by 66DD » 30 Aug 2006 19:45

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but why would Manchester United fans want to buy tickets for our game with Charlton (and vice versa)?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Aug 2006 19:51

PieEater That email response is a cut and paste of the web site explanation, so they can't do links either.

Or tell the difference between dually and duly.

Unless they really were going to keep two copies of the email from notloyalenuffroyal.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 30 Aug 2006 22:29

jetsetwilly Surely you can buy a Charlton ticket but not a Man Utd ticket ? They will only be linked the other way around.

No that can't work, otherwise what happens when the ManUre game sells out and people who have bought into the "linked" game principal are then told - "sorry mate we've sold your ticket to some else?"

Apologies if someoe has already made this point, but couldn't be bothered to read four pages worth of posts.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 30 Aug 2006 22:46

Huntley & Palmer In the Championship floating fans based their decision on the opposition we faced, the prices were never a problem. The problem in the Premiership now is that some of the opposition has not increased in how attractive it is but the prices have increased hugely.

Indeed - £18 to watch us play Ipswich or £30+ to watch us play Bolton?

You decide.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 Aug 2006 00:06

STAR Campaigns
Platypuss
STAR Campaigns Personally, I don't see any problem with this.

Anyone who is a Royals fan will be happy to have a chance to get a ticket for 2 games in one transaction - and because personal/phone callers can choose which 2 games to link together that's exactly what it is - the chance of not being able to make one of the smaller games shouldn't happen. (It's only on the web sales that you have to link the "big" game to a particular "small" game - and that's because of the way the software is at the moment - there's no other way to do this for web sales at the moment).

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the O/S actually agreed with you?

Tickets for the home games against Manchester United and Charlton Athletic will go on sale on Tuesday 29th August.

Manchester United visit Madejski Stadium on Saturday 23rd September, kick off 5:15pm, while the Charlton match takes place at 3pm on Saturday 18th November.

As well as a Royalty Points basis being used to prioritise ticket sales for these matches, the two games are linked so that they can only be purchased together.

For example, if you want to buy two tickets to Reading vs Man Utd, you will also have to book two tickets to the Charlton game.

A similar system will be used for future home Platinum category games - eg the Platinum game with Chelsea will be linked with the silver Bolton fixture. Sale dates will be announced as soon as possible.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~887096,00.html

:!: In which case that's a change from the way it was going to be done last week! I'll see what I can find out....

Any luck yet?

STAR have been very quiet on this issue, it must be said.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2006 08:27

Muskrat
jetsetwilly Surely you can buy a Charlton ticket but not a Man Utd ticket ? They will only be linked the other way around.

No that can't work, otherwise what happens when the ManUre game sells out and people who have bought into the "linked" game principal are then told - "sorry mate we've sold your ticket to some else?"

Apologies if someoe has already made this point, but couldn't be bothered to read four pages worth of posts.

Just shows how well the scheme has been thought out as usual! Shame that after appearing to have discovered their independence and teeth over the Berks FM issue, STAR seem to have reverted to OFWAT mode!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2006 08:33

66DD Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but why would Manchester United fans want to buy tickets for our game with Charlton (and vice versa)?

Doesn't effect away fans.

If a Man Utd fan wants to get in the home end, then tough buy both. This scheme is being set up to stop fans of the big clubs getting tickets in the home end for the games against them.