Linked tickets - ST holders please ignore

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 31 Aug 2006 08:41

Platypuss
STAR Campaigns
Platypuss
STAR Campaigns Personally, I don't see any problem with this.

Anyone who is a Royals fan will be happy to have a chance to get a ticket for 2 games in one transaction - and because personal/phone callers can choose which 2 games to link together that's exactly what it is - the chance of not being able to make one of the smaller games shouldn't happen. (It's only on the web sales that you have to link the "big" game to a particular "small" game - and that's because of the way the software is at the moment - there's no other way to do this for web sales at the moment).

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the O/S actually agreed with you?

Tickets for the home games against Manchester United and Charlton Athletic will go on sale on Tuesday 29th August.

Manchester United visit Madejski Stadium on Saturday 23rd September, kick off 5:15pm, while the Charlton match takes place at 3pm on Saturday 18th November.

As well as a Royalty Points basis being used to prioritise ticket sales for these matches, the two games are linked so that they can only be purchased together.

For example, if you want to buy two tickets to Reading vs Man Utd, you will also have to book two tickets to the Charlton game.

A similar system will be used for future home Platinum category games - eg the Platinum game with Chelsea will be linked with the silver Bolton fixture. Sale dates will be announced as soon as possible.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~887096,00.html

:!: In which case that's a change from the way it was going to be done last week! I'll see what I can find out....

Any luck yet?

STAR have been very quiet on this issue, it must be said.

I know it is a cheek but STAR CAMPAIGNS is away at the moment and I am snowed under at work - will still try to find time but as the sales and marketing manager and customer services manager are also on holiday (coincidence I assume :wink: ) I am not sure if any changes could happen even if the case we have put is most persuasive.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 Aug 2006 08:47

Of course it's to late for anything to be changed for this game - but it is also the club's stated aim to do the same for other Platinum games.

I'm just keen to find out if STAR are still supporting this club policy as it seems that neither RFC nor STAR have really thought through the ramifications.

And to confirm that STAR were told one thing by the club but ended up doing quite another. And if so, how such a state of affairs can be allowed to continue.

I'd also like to see more pressure put on the club to reveal the details of this putative buy-back scheme.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2006 13:53

starliaison I know it is a cheek but STAR CAMPAIGNS is away at the moment and I am snowed under at work - will still try to find time but as the sales and marketing manager and customer services manager are also on holiday (coincidence I assume :wink: ) I am not sure if any changes could happen even if the case we have put is most persuasive.

Fingers crossed, Boyd will like his holiday location so much that he won't come back!

Not sure he would change his mind even if he was around. STAR have had some very persuasive cases in the past and they've still be ignored.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Aug 2006 14:17

Platypuss Of course it's to late for anything to be changed for this game - but it is also the club's stated aim to do the same for other Platinum games.

I'm just keen to find out if STAR are still supporting this club policy as it seems that neither RFC nor STAR have really thought through the ramifications.

And to confirm that STAR were told one thing by the club but ended up doing quite another. And if so, how such a state of affairs can be allowed to continue.

I'd also like to see more pressure put on the club to reveal the details of this putative buy-back scheme.

Totally agree.

The purpose of STAR should be to support fans interests and to put pressue on the club to look after it's fans. This isn't doing it and the cop out that it's to make sure fans willing to go to less attractive games get tickets for the high profile games is just a joke. Why have the Royalty Points system then?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 Aug 2006 16:08

When you finally get someone at the club STAR can you specifically ask them why they appeared to have changed policy from the supporters guide issued in the summer which said

By setting the prices according to the level of demand, we are ensuring that supporters without season tickets, especially families with young children, are still able to afford to watch the Royals in the Premiership. For example, under 12 tickets are just £6 in advance for member card holders for Silver games, a significant reduction on most Premiership prices and even less than our Championship prices for this season

The goalposts appear to have moved so far I'm concerned Frimmers has got a job at our club

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2006 19:19

Silver Fox When you finally get someone at the club STAR can you specifically ask them why they appeared to have changed policy from the supporters guide issued in the summer which said

By setting the prices according to the level of demand, we are ensuring that supporters without season tickets, especially families with young children, are still able to afford to watch the Royals in the Premiership. For example, under 12 tickets are just £6 in advance for member card holders for Silver games, a significant reduction on most Premiership prices and even less than our Championship prices for this season

The goalposts appear to have moved so far I'm concerned Frimmers has got a job at our club

I bet they hate the smart barstewards who keep copies/records of what they are told.

Thereagain they appear to have no shame whatsoever, even though some of their activities would make the bloke selling fake DVDs at the local car boot sale blush!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 Aug 2006 21:27

I didn't keep records, I read that today on the OS

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Sep 2006 11:36

Fulham are doing this scheme as well, so we must be copying them

"When buying tickets for a Category A+ game, the same number and type of tickets must be bought for another fixture pre-selected by the Club.

E.g. If you wish to buy three adult tickets to Fulham v Chelsea, you must buy at least three adult tickets to the Fulham v Bolton or Sheffield Utd games.

Season Ticket Holders and Match Package Holders are exempt from the Bundle Rule"

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Sep 2006 11:57

Huntley & Palmer Season Ticket Holders and Match Package Holders are exempt from the Bundle Rule"

Brilliant! Why didn't we call ours The Bundle?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2006 13:26

Huntley & Palmer Fulham are doing this scheme as well, so we must be copying them

"When buying tickets for a Category A+ game, the same number and type of tickets must be bought for another fixture pre-selected by the Club.

E.g. If you wish to buy three adult tickets to Fulham v Chelsea, you must buy at least three adult tickets to the Fulham v Bolton or Sheffield Utd games.

Season Ticket Holders and Match Package Holders are exempt from the Bundle Rule"

Except that Fulham appear to be giving a choice of two linked "less-attractive" matches - which is far more defensible than our system as it will ensure that they won't both sell out before being de-linked.

In our situation this would allow someone who just wanted to go to Charlton to probably still get a ticket if the Man U ticket were also linked to (say) Bolton.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Sep 2006 14:26

That would require common sense and organisation PP, two values which are sadly lacking in our TO.

by 1960 » 01 Sep 2006 14:41

Update. I emailed the club. As a reminder my point was that I COULDN'T go to the ManUtd game, but WANTED to got to the Charlton game so could I buy single tickets that way round. I got this email reply. It doesn't really answer my point:

Thank you for your email and comments which have been dually recorded.

The linking system is being used because we want to ensure that tickets for the most popular games go to supporters who are also prepared to support the team in less high-profile fixtures, this ticketing policy is in line with other Premiership Clubs.

A similar system will be used for future home Platinum category games - eg the Platinum game with Chelsea will be linked with the silver Bolton fixture. Sale dates will be announced as soon as possible.

We are also very keen to ensure the team is cheered on by full houses in all the games leading up to Christmas.

All linked games will remain linked until tickets have been on general sale for 7 days, any tickets available after that date will be sold for individual matches.

In the meantime I thank you for taking to the time to write to me.

Kind Regards

Debbie Gadsby

Customer Service Advisor

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Sep 2006 14:43

Wow, Debbie is amazing. She has cut and paste what was already on the official site, and even moved a few of the words around.

The club won't move on this, and STAR have put themselves between a rock and a hard place.

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 01 Sep 2006 14:55

1960 Update. I emailed the club. As a reminder my point was that I COULDN'T go to the ManUtd game, but WANTED to got to the Charlton game so could I buy single tickets that way round. I got this email reply. It doesn't really answer my point:

Thank you for your email and comments which have been dually recorded.

The linking system is being used because we want to ensure that tickets for the most popular games go to supporters who are also prepared to support the team in less high-profile fixtures, this ticketing policy is in line with other Premiership Clubs.

We are also very keen to ensure the team is cheered on by full houses in all the games leading up to Christmas.

All linked games will remain linked until tickets have been on general sale for 7 days, any tickets available after that date will be sold for individual matches.

Kind Regards

Debbie Gadsby

Customer Service Advisor

I'd forward it to JM to show how customer services can't understand and reply a particular asked question.

Also how many people won't bother going to the Charlton game so they won't have a full house to cheer them on!

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Sep 2006 15:57

1960 Thank you for your email and comments which have been dually recorded.

Kind Regards

Debbie Gadsby

Customer Service Advisor

Yes, this is obviously a standard reply which they're wheeling out, which suggests they've had more than a few enquiries about this.

CTRL + V - the customer service advisors' godsend.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Sep 2006 17:08

I'd get the local press involved, seriously. Denying someone a chance to buy a Charlton ticket until such time as when there probably won't be any left is disgraceful

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2006 17:44

Huntley & Palmer I'd get the local press involved, seriously. Denying someone a chance to buy a Charlton ticket until such time as when there probably won't be any left is disgraceful

Contrariwise, there will also be a fair few people who will have been forced to buy Charton tickets but don't want them!

Way to go, RFC!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2006 17:58

Surely the club are already ensuring that proper fans are getting the Man U tickets anyway - as ST holders are guaranteed, then the first 7 days is done on Royalty points. They have seriously come unstuck here, cos there won't necessarily be a full house for Charlton and yet fans who only want to buy a ticket to come and watch Charlton are being frozen out. They might want "full houses" until Xmas, probably cos they are anticipating we won't be getting them from January onwards. :roll: I think Radio Berks should ask to interview Boyd about this - how about having him on a phone-in one day soon?

susieroyal

by susieroyal » 01 Sep 2006 18:05

There is a Fans Forum pretty soon - no idea if he goes to these or if its just coaching staff and players. Would be a good chance for someone to ask the questions that STAR wont/havent had chance to yet.

Whilst I mention it, if he is there, can someone ask him why Midland Royal members had to say what away games they wanted tickets for before the season had started. With no guarantee of the date staying the same and a refund if you cant go put me off. Plus you had to join STAR and Midland Royals (plus member card if you didnt had one) meant at least 20 quid before you bought a ticket.

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 01 Sep 2006 19:02

We were going to try for four tickets for Charlton - a chance to take my hubby who isn't a member.

As the Man Utd game is a late kick off it's not feasible to take a 7 year old to it on the train and get back at 11.30pm.

I'm someone who hates excessive and unneccessary hassle so we may go and have a laugh at MK Dons v Shrewsbury instead of the Charlton game - fat chance of four seats together by then!

I had no problem with not getting to "high value" games, I didn't expect to, but I have a serious problem being barred from the "low value" games I intended to go to.

I shall send a polite but blunt e-mail and wait for my cut and paste reply.