New Ticket Server

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Sep 2006 17:16

Out of interest, are those on AOL experiencing problems buying merchandise from any other sites?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 08 Sep 2006 17:23

Can't AOL customers just use a different browser?

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 08 Sep 2006 17:59

Jerry St Clair Can't AOL customers just use a different browser?
It still doesn't seem to work.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 08 Sep 2006 18:27

RoyalBlue Out of interest, are those on AOL experiencing problems buying merchandise from any other sites?

No

sachalois

by sachalois » 08 Sep 2006 21:33

No still does not work so will have to wait until AOL and club have sorted the problem which could be for ever - will contact club again next week and keep chasing - will keep you posted

kermit

by kermit » 08 Sep 2006 23:01

only wanted to buy some Darlington tickets ,perhaps if i say i might not bother someone will want to sort something :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 09 Sep 2006 12:42

RFCSinceBury1971
RoyalBlue Out of interest, are those on AOL experiencing problems buying merchandise from any other sites?

No

Which to me would suggest that the problem is more at RFC's than AOL's end of things.

Katt

by Katt » 14 Sep 2006 20:52

sachalois

No still does not work so will have to wait until AOL and club have sorted the problem which could be for ever - will contact club again next week and keep chasing - will keep you posted

use AOL and still cant get on to ticketing page - spoke to club today who said they have no knowledge of the problem with AOL but have promised to refer to the technical manager. Anyone else had any luck when using AOL for tickets?

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 15 Sep 2006 11:20

Katt
sachalois

use AOL and still cant get on to ticketing page - spoke to club today who said they have no knowledge of the problem with AOL but have promised to refer to the technical manager. Anyone else had any luck when using AOL for tickets?

I use AOL & have had no luck with the ticketing system,or the phone for that matter. waited for ages in position '1' .

total dog sh1t, this is Darlington in the league cup ffs.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 15 Sep 2006 17:58

Reply from club regarding this problem.

I am not sure what the problem may be because there are still a large number of people purchasing tickets via the online ticketing service. I am sorry that I cannot be of more help.

I have reported the problem onto our Technical Operations Manager, and if he can suggest something we will be in touch.

Kind regards

Member Services

Reading Football Club

so apparently it must jst be me. If everyone else on AOL could contact the club, maybe they might admit they have a problem!

As an aside, I sadly tried through the Newcastle FC online ticket system to get tickets for The Match, and they use the same people so I couldnt get on there either. :oops:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 15 Sep 2006 20:24

It would be better if their Technical Operations Manager just fixed the problem!

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 15 Sep 2006 21:29

One Beer is never enough. Reply from club regarding this problem.

I am not sure what the problem may be because there are still a large number of people purchasing tickets via the online ticketing service. I am sorry that I cannot be of more help.

I have reported the problem onto our Technical Operations Manager, and if he can suggest something we will be in touch.

Kind regards

Member Services

Reading Football Club

so apparently it must jst be me. If everyone else on AOL could contact the club, maybe they might admit they have a problem!

As an aside, I sadly tried through the Newcastle FC online ticket system to get tickets for The Match, and they use the same people so I couldnt get on there either. :oops:

Ive contacted the club and have not yet received a reply.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 18 Sep 2006 12:10

RFCSinceBury1971
One Beer is never enough. Reply from club regarding this problem.

Kind regards

Member Services

Reading Football Club

Ive contacted the club and have not yet received a reply.

Received this email this morning.

If you are unable to log in to the online ticketing then there is a problem with your service provider. Please contact aol regarding this problem.

Kind regards

Member Services

Reading Football Club

by One Beer is never enough. » 18 Sep 2006 14:27

Had the following response from AOL. Apologies for the length. Have tried it, and now instead of the cannot display page, I get a dns557 error???? However it may work for someone else, so here you go:

Thanks for contacting AOL. It's AOL's aim to help you get the best possible online experience, and you can get further assistance at any time from Live Help, and the dedicated Help channel.

For the problems you have been experiencing, we recommend that you try the steps listed below. It is advised that you print this email before you continue as there may be occasions when you will need to close AOL for troubleshooting and this will prevent you from reading the required steps. It is also advisable that you save a copy of this email in your PFC for future reference in the event of a repeat occurrence of this problem. After completing each step you can connect to AOL to see if it has solved the problem. If the problem is still occurring proceed to the next step.

STEP 1: Keyword: Securefix
Please go online and click on the Keyword icon on the AOL toolbar. In here type Securefix and click on Go. You will now be prompted to restart the AOL Software. Click OK and exit AOL.

Once you have completed this step you should launch AOL again and see if the problem is solved. If the problem persists, please continue with the next step.

STEP 2: Using the AOL System Information tool to delete the temporary Internet files.
- If AOL is currently open, close it completely by clicking the X at the top right hand side of your screen.
For Windows 95/98/ME/2000 Professional users:
- Go to Start --> Programs --> AOL --> AOL System Information.
For Windows XP users:
- Go to Start --> All Programs --> AOL --> AOL System Information.
Once the System Information tool is open, proceed with the following steps:
- When the System Information tool opens, click on the utilities tab on the top of the window.
- In the utilities page you will see clear browser cache. Click this button.
- Once the current browser cache size is back at 0kb, click close to exit the AOL System Information tool.

Once you have completed this step, you should launch AOL again and see if the problem is solved. If the problem persists, please continue with the next step.

STEP 3: Clearing Cookies in Internet Explorer

- If AOL is currently open, close it completely by clicking the X at the top right hand side of your screen.
- Go to Start --> Settings --> Control Panel.
For Windows XP users:
- Go to Start --> Control Panel.
- Double-click Internet Options.
- Click the Delete Cookies button and then click OK on the pop-up

- Click OK to apply the changes and Exit

STEP 4: Reset Web settings in Internet Explorer preferences
For Windows XP users:
- Click the Programs tab.
- Click the Reset Web Settings button.
- Click Yes on the pop-up window and then OK

- Click OK to apply the changes and Exit.

STEP 5: Reset security settings in Internet Explorer preferences
For Windows XP users:
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Default Level button.
- Click OK to apply the changes and Exit.
Once you have completed this step, you should launch AOL again and see if the problem is solved. If the problem persists, please continue with the next step.

STEP 6: Configure Internet Explorer Content Settings

Clear the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) slate and AutoComplete history:

1. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Content tab

2. Under Certificates, click Clear SSL State (For Windows XP users only)

3. Click OK when you receive the message that the SSL cache was successfully cleared

4. Under Personal information, click AutoComplete

5. Under Clear AutoComplete history, click Clear Forms. Click OK when you are prompted to confirm the operation.

STEP 7: Configure Internet Explorer Security Settings
Configure Security settings for the Trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer:

1. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Security tab

2. Select Trusted sites, and then click Default Level

3. Add the secure Web site you are trying to access to the Trusted sites zone. To do so, click Sites, type the address (URL) of the site in the Add this Web site to the zone box, click Add, click OK, and then click Apply

STEP 8: Configure Internet Explorer Advanced Settings

Verify that Internet Explorer is configured to use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0:

1. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Advanced tab

2. In the Settings box, under the Security header, click to select the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 check boxes (if they are not already selected), and then click OK

STEP 9: Verify that the Date and Time Settings on Your Computer Are Correct

Because SSL certificates have an expiry date, if the date on your computer isn't correct, it may prevent you from connecting to secure sites. To verify that your computer is configured with the correct date and time settings:

1. For Windows 95/98/ME/2000 Professional users:
For Windows XP users:

- Go to Start --> Control Panel

2. Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Date and Time

3. Select the Date & Time tab

4. Check to make sure that the date and time settings are configured to use the current date and time, and then click OK

STEP 10: Check the browser supports 128-bit encryption.
- Begin by first signing on to AOL as normal. Minimise the AOL software by clicking the _ button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- On the left of your screen, you should see an Internet Explorer icon - a blue 'e'. Double click this to start Internet Explorer. This will bring you straight to your home page.
- If you do not have an icon on your desktop for Internet Explorer, try looking in the Start menu (Click Start, select Programs/All Programs and click Internet Explorer).
- Once Internet Explorer is opened, click on Help on the Internet Explorer toolbar, and then click on About Internet Explorer.
- An About Internet Explorer window will now open. Check that the Cipher Strength = 128-bit. If not please click on (Update Information). This will open the Microsoft Internet Explorer High Encryption Pack update web page. You will need to download and install this pack to adjust the Cipher Strength to 128-bit.
Once you have completed this step, you should launch AOL again and see if the problem is solved.

If the Cipher Strength is anything less then 128-bit, then you can download the Internet Explorer High Encryption Pack to your computer's hard disk, and then install it.

STEP 11: Enable Cookies

For Windows 98, Windows 200 and Windows ME

Click on Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
Double click on Internet Options and then select the Security tab.
Click on Custom Level button at the bottom and scroll down to the Cookies section.
There you can enable them.
. Click on OK and try the website again.

For Windows XP

To enable Cookies please follow these steps:

1. Click on Start -> Control Panel

2. Double click on Internet Options

3. Click on the Privacy tab

4. From here you can set it to accept different degrees of Cookies. The lowest and least secure setting is Allow All Cookies and the highest and most secure settings is Block All Cookies.

5. To resolve your problem start with the slider set at the second notch from the top of the sliding bar. Click on OK and try the website again.

6. If the problem with not being able to accept cookies persists then follow steps 1 to 4 and keep going down one notch until you find a Cookie setting that works for you.

STEP 12: Enable Active X controls

For Windows 98, Windows 200 and Windows ME

Click on Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
Click on Custom Level button at the bottom
Enable the Active X download controls
Click on OK and try the website again.

For Windows XP

Click on Start -> Control Panel
Click on Custom Level button at the bottom
Enable the Active X download controls
Click on OK and try the website again.

STEP 13: Check Parental Controls
- Please go online using your master screen name and click on the Keyword icon on the AOL toolbar. In here type Parental Controls and click on Go.
- Click Set Parental Controls.
- In here, select the screen name that is having trouble with secure sites. If it is all screen names then each screen name will need to be checked individually in the Edit Controls For: box.
- Then Click on Web Controls for that screen name. In here make sure that Access all Web sites (Recommended for Adults only) is checked and click on Save and then OK.

* Please Note: It may be necessary to reset a Kids Only / Teen / Young Adult to General Access to test this step. Please remember to reset that account back to its previous setting after testing if necessary.

If you have difficulty following any of the above steps please go to AOL Keyword: Live Help. From here a Technical Support agent will guide you through the necessary steps and answer any questions you may have during the process.

To ensure you are using the most appropriate Internet access numbers for your area please go to AOL Keyword: Best Number. To get the best service, it's worth doing this as soon as you can.Please do NOT reply to this email. Remember
There's a dedicated team of Agents trained to answer your questions from 8am to midnight, seven days a week on 0870 320 2020. See AOL Keyword: SupportMe for details of call charges.

Please let us know how helpful you found this email by visiting AOL Keyword: Supermail Feedback. Category: Internet

Kind Regards,

AOL Technical Support.

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 18 Sep 2006 14:40

Please go online and click on the Keyword icon on the AOL toolbar. In here type Securefix and click on Go. You will now be prompted to restart the AOL Software. Click OK and exit AOL.

Once you have completed this step you should launch AOL again and see if the problem is solved. If the problem persists, please continue with the next step.

When you type in securefix is it meant to come up with AOL search? If so which one do you go to? :?

by One Beer is never enough. » 18 Sep 2006 14:57

The_Cat

When you type in securefix is it meant to come up with AOL search? If so which one do you go to? :?

Go to keywords and type it in, it should come up with a message saying your settings have ben chnaged, please re-start aol.

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 18 Sep 2006 15:06

Mine seems to say this now.

557 DNS Temporary Error
This Web page could not be opened. A connection to the page could not be made. Please click the Reload or Refresh button to try again.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 18 Sep 2006 15:32

I have spoken to aol. Spent 30 mins going through the various steps that have been described. I also got the same results, 557 DNS Temporary Error. The aol guy could not help any further, apart from saying that the problem would be with the web server. Now im no expert with this kind of stuff, but am i right in thinking that it is the new server that RFC are using where the fault lies?
All I wanted to do was check if I had included my son on the cup ticket option. Another 30mins on the phone to RFC to find out i had. Asked about the problem with aol and the online ticketing, and got told they were looking into it. She also said we hope to sort the problem out soon.
1 hour on an 0870 number to find out a ticket that cost £1 was already sorted.

sachalois

by sachalois » 18 Sep 2006 15:34

The_Cat Mine seems to say this now.

557 DNS Temporary Error
This Web page could not be opened. A connection to the page could not be made. Please click the Reload or Refresh button to try again.

I also had this message prior to doing everything in email - Have now gone through email and get the same message - have contacted aol and they have logged it and hope the matter to be sorted within 24 hours - I doubt it will though - have also emailed club but have not had reply. When speaking to aol they said that I should open up link in internet explorer but this does not work either - he then said that it was not a problem with aol software.