Moving the goal posts

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
peeping_bernal

Moving the goal posts

by peeping_bernal » 07 Sep 2006 09:27

No not the ones with nets, the club are now 'un-linking the Manure and Charlton tickets on Tuesday 19th, maybe they have seen they are pushing it making people buy 2 games and because of this they still have a stand full of tickets left beyond their wildest money grabbing dreams. When willl they stop linking big games, sooner I think by this climb down.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 07 Sep 2006 09:53

ey? They were always going to be un linked on the 19th when on general sale.

There are other threads on this.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 07 Sep 2006 11:21

As mentioned, they remain linked when they go on general sale on the 12th, so if you want a ticket before the 19th you will have to buy for both. RFC are assuming that by the 19th it will be sold out and only have a handful of tickets available individually at the most

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Sep 2006 11:33

Maybe they should link all games and make you pay for them in advance of the season kicking off.... call it a season ticket perhaps?

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 07 Sep 2006 12:40

Forbury Lion Maybe they should link all games and make you pay for them in advance of the season kicking off.... call it a season ticket perhaps?

Brilliant idea :shock: :shock: :shock:

And fans who only want to attend individual matches can purchase single tickets on a match by match basis.

I think we are going places with this idea :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Sep 2006 13:20

Forbury Lion Maybe they should link all games and make you pay for them in advance of the season kicking off.... call it a season ticket perhaps?

That raises an interesting point. The FA forbid clubs from completely selling their stadium capacity to season ticket holders, presumably because they feel a certain number of tickets for individual games should always be available for sale to those who, for whatever reason, are unable/unwilling to buy a season ticket.

So how does the linking of ticket purchases fit in with the letter/spirit of that regulation?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Sep 2006 13:43

This linking idea is a stonking good one, forces those plastics to think carefully and hopefully ensure attendance at a lesser game is maximised.

The only downside would be if a there were large numbers of these plastics who were willing to fork out £50/£60 to just go to ManU and leave us with a half empty south stand for Charlton.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 07 Sep 2006 13:55

Barry the bird boggler This linking idea is a stonking good one, forces those plastics to think carefully and hopefully ensure attendance at a lesser game is maximised.

Disagree. I don't think it will put off the plastics/glory hunters one bit. By their very nature they will be prepared to pay out big money to see the big games.

We keep coming back to the point that, until Boyd decided to b*stardise the scheme with 20 points for a friendly, the only way you could get a decent number of Royalty points on your card was to have supported the club during less glamorous times/games. In competent hands the Royalty points scheme should have worked perfectly well in ensuring the tickets went to those who had supported the club most.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Sep 2006 14:02

RoyalBlue

That raises an interesting point. The FA forbid clubs from completely selling their stadium capacity to season ticket holders, presumably because they feel a certain number of tickets for individual games should always be available for sale to those who, for whatever reason, are unable/unwilling to buy a season ticket.

So how does the linking of ticket purchases fit in with the letter/spirit of that regulation?

Perfectly well I' imagine as it is only 2 games leaving the other 17 avaialble for all

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 07 Sep 2006 14:18

Not so, they've already declared they intend linking other games too.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Sep 2006 14:23

2 at a time, so on each occasion the other 17 will be available to other people

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 07 Sep 2006 15:03

Not as single tickets for single games though, which I thought was the intent of the FA directive.

peeping_bernal

by peeping_bernal » 07 Sep 2006 23:46

I have the super linked ticket AKA season ticket for the past 5 years. But as the club stated when the Manure tickets went on sale their intention is to link all the big games (the 7 platinum to the 7 silver or should it be 7 plastic to 7 loyals ) but as we can see they are not selling as well so when they do go on general sale that is the point when we will get problems with segragation, if they were sold a game at a time then yes we may struggle to sell Charlton but this may also not be the case as it would be a cheaper game for familys to go to and not on TV.
The problem we may have now is the Charlton game been a sell out but 1000 empty seats and people been unable to buy tickets as they are on some plastics mantlepiece.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 08 Sep 2006 11:18

peeping_bernal The problem we may have now is the Charlton game been a sell out but 1000 empty seats and people been unable to buy tickets as they are on some plastics mantlepiece.

Perhaps the club could dream up some sort of deal whereby the tickets could be 'bought' back and resold to other people. I dunno... maybee call it a 'buy back' scheme?

Oh, hang on :oops:

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 08 Sep 2006 15:55

cheeryoleary
peeping_bernal The problem we may have now is the Charlton game been a sell out but 1000 empty seats and people been unable to buy tickets as they are on some plastics mantlepiece.

Perhaps the club could dream up some sort of deal whereby the tickets could be 'bought' back and resold to other people. I dunno... maybee call it a 'buy back' scheme?

But if a Manu U fan had bought a Charlton ticket as well, would they bother to look at the RFC website and try to sell it back?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Sep 2006 16:18

MartinRdg
cheeryoleary

But if a Manu U fan had bought a Charlton ticket as well, would they bother to look at the RFC website and try to sell it back?
Would a Man U fan have signed up as a member and earn't enough Royalty points attending Reading games to qualify for a ticket?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 08 Sep 2006 20:19

Forbury Lion
MartinRdg
cheeryoleary

Would a Man U fan have signed up as a member and earn't enough Royalty points attending Reading games to qualify for a ticket?

Ticks went on sale to 55 points, so 20 for Feyernoord, 10 points for star, would not take many odd games to reach 55

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 08 Sep 2006 20:19

Forbury Lion
MartinRdg
cheeryoleary

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Sep 2006 16:15

The 17 Bus
Forbury Lion
MartinRdg
cheeryoleary

Ticks went on sale to 55 points, so 20 for Feyernoord, 10 points for star, would not take many odd games to reach 55
Plus you get Royalty points from attending reserve games.

Thing is, I doubt many Man Utd fans would have thought that far ahead and planned it, Unless of course they went to Reading games because they wanted to.

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1