Standing?

Corky341

by Corky341 » 14 Sep 2006 10:40

Maguire
Stranded
Sharpy i will be, fcuk the tango's!! if they tell us to sit down and not them...it will kick off in the home ends

No, no it won't. Never has before, so isn't likely to this time.

Let him live his little fantasy Stranded.

It'll be dead once they bang in their second goal.

It won't be dead inY19. Well not in CC anyway. In anycase, we'll win 3-2

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 14 Sep 2006 11:17

Corky341
Maguire
Stranded
Sharpy i will be, fcuk the tango's!! if they tell us to sit down and not them...it will kick off in the home ends

Let him live his little fantasy Stranded.

It'll be dead once they bang in their second goal.

It won't be dead inY19. Well not in CC anyway. In anycase, we'll win 3-2

Hopefully the fans will react like the away contingent does. Go mad if we win, and go crazier if we lose. Either way, should be a fun day.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Sep 2006 11:33

Sharpy
Stranded

yes, yes it will. everyone up for this huge game, 5 hours plus boozing. its going to happen.

Then get the envelope ready to return your ST when the club cancels it.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 14 Sep 2006 11:33

I will do my best to stand up all the game at Sheffield United.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 14 Sep 2006 11:37

RFCSinceBury1971 This topic really irritates me. Firstly there are ground regulations which the football club have to adhere to. That includes standing. Its an all seater stadium ffs. There are signs stating what these regulations are. You attend a game and agree to abiding by these regulations when you purchase your ticket. People will want to sit and not stand and therefore do not want people standing so they cant see. We all accept during a game that people will stand during incidents in the game but a line has to be drawn somewhere. If someone is continually standing in front of someone then you could well upset the person behind you. If thats the case then respect that. Its the rules. As for the tangos they are doing there job. You can enjoy the game just as much from your seat as you can standing. As for singing its not compulsory so each to there own. Anyone who is standing for long periods is imo drawing attention to themselves and to the possabilty of being thrown out and at worse being banned. As for telling someone to go and sit somewhere else you have to remember they have as much right to be there as you. If you feel encouraging everyone to stand is the answer then you are wrong. This could lead to capacity being reduced or even ground closure. Same thing applies to away fans as Leeds found out once when they came to us and had the allocation reduced under the rules. Bottom line is consistent standing spoils the enjoyment for otheres. If you cant see thet for yourself then im sorry maybe you should go somewhere else.

Rant over.

I hope there're aren't too many like you. That's all.

boycey

by boycey » 14 Sep 2006 11:41

RFCSinceBury1971 This topic really irritates me. Firstly there are ground regulations which the football club have to adhere to. That includes standing. Its an all seater stadium ffs. There are signs stating what these regulations are. You attend a game and agree to abiding by these regulations when you purchase your ticket. People will want to sit and not stand and therefore do not want people standing so they cant see. We all accept during a game that people will stand during incidents in the game but a line has to be drawn somewhere. If someone is continually standing in front of someone then you could well upset the person behind you. If thats the case then respect that. Its the rules. As for the tangos they are doing there job. You can enjoy the game just as much from your seat as you can standing. As for singing its not compulsory so each to there own. Anyone who is standing for long periods is imo drawing attention to themselves and to the possabilty of being thrown out and at worse being banned. As for telling someone to go and sit somewhere else you have to remember they have as much right to be there as you. If you feel encouraging everyone to stand is the answer then you are wrong. This could lead to capacity being reduced or even ground closure. Same thing applies to away fans as Leeds found out once when they came to us and had the allocation reduced under the rules. Bottom line is consistent standing spoils the enjoyment for otheres. If you cant see thet for yourself then im sorry maybe you should go somewhere else.

Rant over.

yawn . can i go to teh match with you?
you sound like a laugh .

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Sep 2006 11:44

West Stand Man
Sharpy
Stranded

yes, yes it will. everyone up for this huge game, 5 hours plus boozing. its going to happen.

Then get the envelope ready to return your ST when the club cancels it.

As WSM says Sharpy, enjoy your last game of the season then.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Sep 2006 11:52

Rant over.

It's X2
Can't
That's
Their (not there) X2
Possibility (not possabilty)
Others (not otheres)
That (not thet)
I'm

And I'm sure that commas could have been used in one or two places.

V. Poor.

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 14 Sep 2006 11:56

Spacey get over yourself :wink:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Sep 2006 12:02

Chicken Balti Pie Spacey get over yourself :wink:

I couldn't resist it. ;)

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Sep 2006 12:09

Skin

Rant over.

I hope there're aren't too many like you. That's all.

Which bit of it causes you to have concern then

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 14 Sep 2006 12:10

6000 United fans in the town centre all day
3000 probably getting in the away end let alone all the Utd fans who manage to get in the home end
I see a recipe for disaster

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 14 Sep 2006 12:23

RFCMod 6000 United fans in the town centre all day
3000 probably getting in the away end let alone all the Utd fans who manage to get in the home end

May I go first?

3000 IN THE AWAY END?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Sep 2006 12:28

Skin

May I go first?

3000 IN THE AWAY END?

I hope they're not thinking of doing one of their stupid jibs.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 14 Sep 2006 12:46

I will be avoiding town for the afternoon, I can't be arsed with the hassle of pubs full of Utd and trying to find somewhere worth going to

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 14 Sep 2006 12:50

Hassle? Mate got turned away from Monks Retreat on Monday for not having a member card

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 14 Sep 2006 12:56

For the Boro game I went in there.

I was wearing an old shirt under a coat, They asked for Id, then told me I couldn't come in.

When I asked if they were over 21s on Matchdays, they told me no, I couldn't come in because I didn't come from Reading.

When I pointed out that my Driving license said that I was from Reading, that I was wearing a Reading shirt, had my Season ticket in my pocket and a ticket for the Wigan away game, they relented....

I'll probably drink in Caversham and get the free bus up.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 14 Sep 2006 12:58

biscuitman Hassle? Mate got turned away from Monks Retreat on Monday for not having a member card

In future he may wish to try O'Neill's as they seem to have no restrictions in place this season apart from no colours. Whether this will change for Utd is another matter.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Sep 2006 13:46

Huntley & Palmer
biscuitman Hassle? Mate got turned away from Monks Retreat on Monday for not having a member card

In future he may wish to try O'Neill's as they seem to have no restrictions in place this season apart from no colours.

It doesn't stink of piss either

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 14 Sep 2006 13:50

Sharpy
Stranded

Wow, what a guy, you're so hard sharpy.

Almost as hard as the paddy(s) who've been boning your missus