Pay on the Day - Blades

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
igoe agogo

Pay on the Day - Blades

by igoe agogo » 14 Sep 2006 10:41

Realise wrong forum but does anybody know if we can get tickets at the ground on saturday??

You wouldn't have thought it would be this difficult to find out but it's proving so.

:x
Last edited by igoe agogo on 14 Sep 2006 11:52, edited 2 times in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Sep 2006 10:44

What game is it that's on tomorrow? Which ground are you talking about?

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 14 Sep 2006 10:50

:roll:

Saturday???

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Sep 2006 10:50

If it's a reserve game then it's unlikely to be a sell out.

If it's the Sheff Utd game on Saturday (day after tomorrow), then you might want to check the Sheff Utd site.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 14 Sep 2006 10:54

Phone the ticket office when it opens in ten minutes

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 14 Sep 2006 11:46

Please can the enitre HNA community find out for Igoe Agogo, he seems suicidal if no-one can tell him if it's pay on the day at Sheffield.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 14 Sep 2006 11:49

but thats not tomorrow. i'm scratching my head with the rest of HNA?
BUT YES ITS NOT ALL-TICKET AND WE HAVEN'T SOLD OUT.

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 14 Sep 2006 11:50

Just some sort of indication whether or not it's worth me heading for Sheffield ticketless is most appreciated, being an exile i don't have the opportunity to pick up on local info in local media.

Thanks Huntley, very noble of you.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Sep 2006 12:35

igoe agogo Just some sort of indication whether or not it's worth me heading for Sheffield ticketless is most appreciated, being an exile i don't have the opportunity to pick up on local info in local media.

Thanks Huntley, very noble of you.

I went in on Monday, and we had sold 1,300 (inc AST-holders), but they were only up to row D. I went back yesterday and bought a ticket in row O. Don't the club have to return them to the Blades today? I suspect that there will be plenty of tickets on sale tomorrow.

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 14 Sep 2006 12:55

Cheers, i've spoken to blades and they didn't know. Still waiting to get through to our lot. May just buy the train ticket and see what happens. At least i could listen to the game from outside.

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 14 Sep 2006 13:16

For Info - The Ticket Office has now changed its automated message to say that tickets will be available at Blades.

See you all there.

Coppelloadofthat
Location: You can do better than me, but I can't do better than you.

by Coppelloadofthat » 14 Sep 2006 16:29

LOL with Wally Downs

Ex-Blade sticks the knife in

Sep 14 2006

By Anthony Smith

EX-BLADE Wally Downes has stoked up Saturday's clash at Sheffield United by claiming his old boss Dave Bassett was more successful than Neil Warnock (3pm ko).

Warnock is hailed as a hero in the Steel City after guiding Blades back to the top-flight after 12 years in the doldrums.

But Downes argues 'Harry' Bassett faced a much harder task when he achieved the same feat back in 1990 when the Reading coach and ex-Wimbledon midfielder was in the side.

"Harry took Sheffield up from the old third division to the first and they hadn't been there since he left until Neil Warnock got promotion last season," stated Downes.

"Warnock said it was a big achievement because they hadn't been there for 12 years but when Harry got them up they had been out of it for even longer.

"You also have to consider Harry started when they were in the old third division which obviously made it even harder because we had two divisions to climb.

"Harry also helped with the building of a new stand and what he did was an amazing achievement at that time."

Downes will step out at Bramall Lane once again this Saturday - but this the Royals coach will be prowling the touchline next to Warnock.

It is the Premiership's first contest between any of the newly promoted teams this season and critics are already calling it a potential relegation six-pointer.

Royals have won three times and drawn once on their last four visits to Bramall Lane and Downes expects Saturday's clash to be another close encounter.

He added: "Perhaps they haven't had the results they craved but Neil Warnock didn't seem to have many problems recruiting the players he wanted over the summer.

"They haven't played badly and they'll be desperate for a first home win but we want to keep our good away record up there going.

"Both league games last season were close, especially the 1-1 draw at their ground.

"We've progressed since then but Sheffield probably think they've accelerated alongside us and I think it's going to be another, tight game."

Warnock will be picking from strength and Danny Webber is the only injury victim after he limped out of last weekend's incredible 0-0 home draw against Blackburn in which the Blades missed two penalties and Rovers missed one.

Downes warned: "Phil Jagielka is always one to watch for them, but that's no secret.

"And Neil has signed about 40 forwards so I'm sure he's waiting for one of them to come good.

Holding Out Hope

by Holding Out Hope » 14 Sep 2006 16:30

And with a strike of light, Kenneth Dodd did appear.....

Coppelloadofthat
Location: You can do better than me, but I can't do better than you.

by Coppelloadofthat » 14 Sep 2006 16:32

You think you're funny don't you

You're not.

Holding Out Hope

by Holding Out Hope » 14 Sep 2006 16:33

Ha HA, yes, i think im hilarious :roll:

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 14 Sep 2006 16:46

Holding Out Hope Ha HA, yes, i think im hilarious :roll:

Havn't you got homework to be doing?

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1