yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes: 206
boycey

by boycey » 15 Nov 2006 13:07

it's shite .
if you are a grown man and you join in with that demented dancing then you need to take a long hard look at yourself .

we dont need it .

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 15 Nov 2006 13:42

West Stand Man
Wycombe Royal
Skin When we score and they hear us stop celebrating to do Tom Hark they must think what sad c**ts.

Or alternatively they don't even notice. I'm sure they have more important things to think about unlike most on here....

Spot on. It is only a rather sad minority on here that seem to have a problem. I refer the honourable members, yet again, to the fact that the whole crowd (or that is the impression you'd get by looking in at us) joins in with it. It doesn't stop the initial euphoria, it simply keeps it going for a while longer. Can't see the problem at all and I am absolutley sure that most TV viewers only sense a crowd that is euphoric, which is a good thing?

Watch MOTD and listen to the crap when it comes on, the noise level goes down.

Anyway where's the SAD MINORITY you speak of who don't want it? I think you'll find its the MAJORITY who on here that don't want it. Whether thats representitive of the whole fan base I couldn't tell you but I would hope for all our sakes it is.

Nothing SAD about not wanting this plastic crap is there? I think you'll find it's the other way around shirley?

Scrap Tom Hark
yes
81% [ 104 ]
no
18% [ 24 ]

Total Votes : 128

I rest my case.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Nov 2006 13:46

Skin I think you'll find its the MAJORITY on here that don't want it.

Well done for identifying the minority.

If you still haven't spotted it just count in your head the number of people on here who don't want it and then add another 5,000 to that number. Then divide that number by the attendance at the Mad Stad and turn it into a percentage (if you can manage that). I am guessing that your number will be under 25%. That is a minority and that is even with being generous and adding 5,000 extra to those on here who don't want it.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 15 Nov 2006 14:03

Wycombe Royal
Skin I think you'll find its the MAJORITY on here that don't want it.

Well done for identifying the minority.

If you still haven't spotted it just count in your head the number of people on here who don't want it and then add another 5,000 to that number. Then divide that number by the attendance at the Mad Stad and turn it into a percentage (if you can manage that). I am guessing that your number will be under 25%. That is a minority and that is even with being generous and adding 5,000 extra to those on here who don't want it.

so your saying that people on here are not wholly representative of the fans that attend games on a regular basis?

i think you are wrong.

please enlighten me with how you back up your theory and where you have plucked the magical 5,000 from. or are you just talking out of your arse and actually believe people will believe you and that you can substantiate your claims? i'm astonished. no really i am.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 15 Nov 2006 14:07

If the percentages from this poll were representative of the feelings of fans actually at the geound then you would see approximately 17,000 Royals supporters refusing to join in.

It ain't happening.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Nov 2006 14:08

Skin so your saying that people on here are not wholly representative of the fans that attend games on a regular basis?

i think you are wrong.

please enlighten me with how you back up your theory and where you have plucked the magical 5,000 from. or are you just talking out of your arse and actually believe people will believe you and that you can substantiate your claims? i'm astonished. no really i am.

No you're wrong. The majority people who post on this message are young men (14-30 ish) who are all for keeping football traditional.

Take a look around the Mad Stad next time you attend and see how many women, children, older people, families, etc that are there. Those are the people who get up and join in with Tom Hark.

I am astonished that you think this message board is a representative sample of a crowd at the Madejski Stadium on a matchday. Again you will be in the minority with that view.

boycey

by boycey » 15 Nov 2006 14:21

I dont understand why people think we need it?

correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think they played it after goals at the m'boro game?
and what happened? did people stand around scratching their heads wandering what to do?
no, everyone celebrated the goal the way it should be .
no jumping up and down to childrens music .

PLEASE GET RID OF IT >

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 15 Nov 2006 14:42

So Wycombe are you standing by your comments that people on here are a 'sad minority' of Reading fans?

Do you include yourself in this or are you an exception to the rule because you don't think tradition has a place in mordern day football?

I wish you well.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 15 Nov 2006 14:47

When shorey scored on sunday i reckon about 80% of the people were 'dancing' to Tom Hark. An on line poll voted by a tiny minority of Reading fans is hardly a worthwhile guide.

I dont like because its so unoriginal. But it seems most others are still content with it. If they get rid of it they will replace it with something else.

Didnt they used to play the music after announcing the goalscorer? I think i preferred it like that, it didnt drown out the roar.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 15 Nov 2006 15:12

Tony Le Mesmer When shorey scored on sunday i reckon about 80% of the people were 'dancing' to Tom Hark.

did they really need orchestrating though?

not at all.

what justification is there for goal music anyway?

Someone please explain. It's utter utter utter UTTER shite.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 15 Nov 2006 15:22

Millions of people bought "Candle In The Wind" (Princess Di version). Doesn't mean it's a good song.

If the masses love something, it's usually wrong.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Nov 2006 15:29

Skin So Wycombe are you standing by your comments that people on here are a 'sad minority' of Reading fans?

When did I call the posters on here a "sad minority"? I don't think I did. I just said that they are a minority (that is a fact) and that the majority of them are young men who like to keep football "traditional" (that is an opinion).

You have yet to prove either the fact or my opinion wrong.

boycey

by boycey » 15 Nov 2006 15:29

all match day music kills the atmosphere .

anyone who thinks blasting out some shite song before kick off improves the atmosphere is a fool .
totally ruins it . it's so loud no one starts singing , meaning that it takes 10 mins into the game before the crowd gets going .

we should play the royals anthem 10 mins before kick off and that s all .
no star wars , superman or whatever toss they play at the moment .

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Nov 2006 15:31

Wycombe Royal
Skin So Wycombe are you standing by your comments that people on here are a 'sad minority' of Reading fans?

When did I call the posters on here a "sad minority"? That was West Stand Man. I just said that they are a minority (that is a fact) and that the majority of them are young men who like to keep football "traditional" (that is an opinion).

You have yet to prove either the fact or my opinion wrong.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 15 Nov 2006 16:38

Wycombe Royal

When did I call the posters on here a "sad minority"? I don't think I did. I just said that they are a minority (that is a fact) and that the majority of them are young men who like to keep football "traditional" (that is an opinion).

And I said:
"I think you'll find its the MAJORITY on here that don't want it. Whether thats representitive of the whole fan base I couldn't tell you but I would hope for all our sakes it is."

So I really don't understand what your point is, I've already recognised that those on here may not represent the entire fan base, but it is the only indicator I have.

Anyway please, please tell me the benefits of goal music in YOUR opinion, I don't need proof or facts just your opinion, because so far you haven't identified why you are carrying the flag for Tom Hark.

In fact anyone that wants it tell us why we should have it...

P.S. West Stand Man did call everyone on here a 'sad minority' wanting tradition.. appologies for getting that wrong Wycombe.
WSM - Justify yourself.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 15 Nov 2006 17:11

Joe 90 There is another way. Get a list of 10 songs, including Tom Hark, and then get the fans to vote at a half time by singing/cheering the one that they like best.

Simple and at a full house, very democratic

Here's an idea, how about no chuffing music? Maybe just the noise of our supporters going absolutely mental?

What d'ya think?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Nov 2006 17:20

who are ya? BTB = oxf*rd

Fact.

In English?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 15 Nov 2006 17:46

boycey all match day music kills the atmosphere .

anyone who thinks blasting out some shite song before kick off improves the atmosphere is a fool .
totally ruins it . it's so loud no one starts singing , meaning that it takes 10 mins into the game before the crowd gets going .

we should play the royals anthem 10 mins before kick off and that s all .
no star wars , superman or whatever toss they play at the moment .

Unfortunately, the current tune of choice is forced upon RFC as it is the "Premiership Anthem" - complete bollocks if you ask me and something that sums up the upper echelons of the FA / Premier League / UEFA / FIFA (delete as applicable). Its a similar thing with the "pre match handshake" :evil:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 15 Nov 2006 17:49

West Stand Man
who are ya? BTB = oxf*rd

Fact.

In English?

BACK THE BOYS ARE oxf*rd. FACT.

HTH

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 15 Nov 2006 18:06

boycey all match day music kills the atmosphere .

i cant be having that.

The pre match music and video without doubt has had a positive effect on the atmosphere.

Im not a great fan of the goal music, but some people seem determined to get rid of the things that improve the atmosphere.

Get rid of the drummer, get rid of the music. Both of those get people making a noise. Love em or hate em, its what football is like in all seater stadiums and its not going to change.

199 posts