yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes: 206
Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 16 Nov 2006 15:14

Platypuss I am resigned to the fact that we will always have music after goals.

But why can't we have something different?

Id like to see different music depending on who scores.

eg If Lita scores they can play the music for DA DA DA DA, LEROY LITA. Like we sing for him anyway.

That might encourage fans to come up with slightly more original songs for each player.

Not quite sure if we could get away with the Superman music for sonks though :?

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 16 Nov 2006 15:23

I say we should play no music when we score except for Glen Little, have 'Tom Hark', and for Leroy Lita have 'Pigbag'.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 16 Nov 2006 15:37

I would guess most of the anti Tom Hark and anti drummer brigade are in the East Stand and probably at the 'hardcore' end. The atmosphere over there rocks for sure - and did so (on occasion) even when we only had 10-12,000 crowds.

I used to sit in Y26 but at Christmas (HST time) my son started coming so I moved to the North Stand. This season I'm in the Upper West (and loving the short queues at the bar).

The rest of the ground can be like a morgue at times, especially when the team is up against it. There have been occasions when I have been willing the drummer into action, or for the crowd up in his corner to start a chant, because it's been so quiet.

It might be a bit plastic but the whole ground joins in now and we have been complimented by opposing teams and managers as a result. There is no doubt it gives the team a lift when number 13 is in such good form.

Take away Tom Hark, silence the drummer, lose Back The Boys - kill the atmosphere, demotivate the team, lose matches.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 16 Nov 2006 16:02

That Friday Feeling
DO Take away Tom Hark, BUT DON'T silence the drummer, DON'T lose Back The Boys - AND YOU WON'T kill the atmosphere, demotivate the team, OR lose matches.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Nov 2006 16:19

Alan Partridge Even our goals seem choreographed, it really is embarassing at times. Goal goes in, everyone's happy

Then the drummer bangs his little drum so everyone can clap along READING der der der der

Don't you realise how shit this looks and sounds???

Also that 'new' come on Reading chant the drummer feels the need to start is the worst thing I've ever heard and I've listened to a whole Take That song before.

Drummer i know you read this forum PLEASE PLEASE STOP.

I've actually gone past caring how shit this looks or sounds and am surprised anyone else is. When my team scores, I celebrate in the way I want with those around me. If others in the ground want to celebrate in a different way, then I don't see that I have any cause to question it no matter how rubbish I may find it. (with obvious caveats for legality/safety).

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 Nov 2006 17:52

Stranded
Alan Partridge Even our goals seem choreographed, it really is embarassing at times. Goal goes in, everyone's happy

Then the drummer bangs his little drum so everyone can clap along READING der der der der

Don't you realise how shit this looks and sounds???

Also that 'new' come on Reading chant the drummer feels the need to start is the worst thing I've ever heard and I've listened to a whole Take That song before.

Drummer i know you read this forum PLEASE PLEASE STOP.

I've actually gone past caring how shit this looks or sounds and am surprised anyone else is. When my team scores, I celebrate in the way I want with those around me. If others in the ground want to celebrate in a different way, then I don't see that I have any cause to question it no matter how rubbish I may find it. (with obvious caveats for legality/safety).

Hoorah, the voice of reason.

Ooops, I have backed out of this discussion so I'll sneak off again! :D

Tennents Super
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Kicking and a gouging in the mud, and the blood and the beer.

by Tennents Super » 16 Nov 2006 19:01

West Stand Man I am only a human so you'll have to actually show me where the hypocricy in my post is? Or perhaps you don't actually know what it means?

Perhaps I was alluding to the fact that you were also trying to prevent others from enjoying themselves and were trying to enforce your own image of the ideal football day out on to the rest of us.

That is, apparently, called bigotry don't forget.

Oh, and even if I didn't know what hypocrisy meant, which I do incidentally, at least I know how to spell it.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 16 Nov 2006 19:09

I dont really mind the drummer these days as he has stopped hitting it for the entire 90 minutes
also when he does also of people join in so its not that bad

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 16 Nov 2006 22:04

New supporters may love the rumblestix, stupid wig, face paint, being it on, back the boys, Adolf Hinton inspired Buddy Holly lookalike Scottish singers, modern plastic football offering, but I think it stinks. Music after goals is best left to the yanks and non event sports like rugby league. We have a great football culture that is dying at the same rate as good English pubs and Spacey's sperm count. Fight back!

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 16 Nov 2006 23:00

Riseley New supporters may love the rumblestix, stupid wig, face paint, being it on, back the boys, Adolf Hinton inspired Buddy Holly lookalike Scottish singers, modern plastic football offering, but I think it stinks. Music after goals is best left to the yanks and non event sports like rugby league. We have a great football culture that is dying at the same rate as good English pubs and Spacey's sperm count. Fight back!

Spot on.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 17 Nov 2006 00:21

Royalshow I dont really mind the drummer these days as he has stopped hitting it for the entire 90 minutes
also when he does also of people join in so its not that bad

Agreed, Quite like drumming in the small amounts, but Tom Hark still makes dancing fans look like 'Dribbling Thunderbirds Puppets'. That doesn't change.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Nov 2006 08:55

Tennents Super
West Stand Man I am only a human so you'll have to actually show me where the hypocricy in my post is? Or perhaps you don't actually know what it means?

Perhaps I was alluding to the fact that you were also trying to prevent others from enjoying themselves and were trying to enforce your own image of the ideal football day out on to the rest of us.

That is, apparently, called bigotry don't forget.

Oh, and even if I didn't know what hypocrisy meant, which I do incidentally, at least I know how to spell it.

Bugger it, I give an and I'll come back again.

I am not trying to stop anyone from doing anything, and if you can't see that then you can join the other halfwit (Stripes) in the doghouse. My line is for total freedom to enjoy as you wish. I don't like TH, but I am happy to let those who do enjoy it get on and do so. The 'ban TH' brigade are the bigots because they wish to stop someone else from doing something simply because they don't like doing it themselves. So I am not showing any hypocrisy (oops finger trouble last time - I confess to being a pratt there).

The easy and obviously non-bigotted solution is for TH to be played for the VAST MAJORITY who join in, leaving the minority like you and me to keep cheering in our own way.

No, no hypocrisy from me sunshine (at least not on this occasion)

Oh, and to confirm a rumour on another post, I am truly obnoxious. I was born with a superiority complex, based entirely on my superiority. It is great place to be! :wink:

boycey

by boycey » 17 Nov 2006 09:13

The only reason people join in with the stupid song is because they are caught up in the excitment of a gaol being scored .
Play that tune in the cold light of day and it just makes you want to chin someone .

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Nov 2006 09:15

boycey The only reason people join in with the stupid song is because they are caught up in the excitment of a gaol being scored .
Play that tune in the cold light of day and it just makes you want to chin someone .

And?

It is played at a time when people enjoy it and want to dance along to it, so let them.

Are you honestly saying that it stops you celebrating and enjoying the goal we have just scored? If so, you're probably watching the wrong sport.

boycey

by boycey » 17 Nov 2006 09:20

Stranded
boycey The only reason people join in with the stupid song is because they are caught up in the excitment of a gaol being scored .

And?

It is played at a time when people enjoy it and want to dance along to it, so let them.

Are you honestly saying that it stops you celebrating and enjoying the goal we have just scored? If so, you're probably watching the wrong sport.

yes , i am honestly saying that .
wrong sport??? haha what are you talking about?
take you're music and go and watch Ice hockey , or the Thames Valley Tigers .
gimp

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Nov 2006 09:27

boycey
Stranded

And?

yes , i am honestly saying that .
wrong sport??? haha what are you talking about?
take you're music and go and watch Ice hockey , or the Thames Valley Tigers .
gimp

Totally missed the point so heading to insults, always a great way to debate.

The point I was making is that if you cannot enjoy the moment of your favourite team scoring a goal because of what others are doing then you are probably watching the wrong sport or possibly you aren't as emotionally involved in the game as you would like to think you are.

I celebrate how I want, not how the bloke doing TH two rows in front of me celebrates. Why? Because I am over the moon that we have scored and am too wrapped up in the moment to really notice or care that there are thousands of others doing the same stupid dance. I suggest you do the same then you might just find that it really doesn't matter.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 17 Nov 2006 10:50

Still no reason why we need goal music.. 6 pages and counting

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Nov 2006 11:11

Skin Still no reason why we need goal music.. 6 pages and counting

It was brought in when it was to try and remedy a peceived lack of atmosphere, people enjoyed it and joined in and as a result it became a permanent fixture.

It is not needed but people enjoy it and chose to join in with the dance. If they did not, it would be phased out, it's really not that hard a thing to grasp.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 17 Nov 2006 11:21

Stranded
Skin Still no reason why we need goal music.. 6 pages and counting

It was brought in when it was to try and remedy a peceived lack of atmosphere, people enjoyed it and joined in and as a result it became a permanent fixture.

It is not needed but people enjoy it and chose to join in with the dance. If they did not, it would be phased out, it's really not that hard a thing to grasp.

I compare it to leaving your windscreen wipers on after its stopped raining. You put them on to improve your visibility but even though it does no harm leaving them on afterwards you just don't do it.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 17 Nov 2006 11:33

If they must play music when we score I like the idea of different music. Maybe a selection, then it would be a surprise. Pigbag, TomHark, Insomnia, Woo-hoo, Terry&June, Rhubarb&Custard....

199 posts