Man Utd cup tickets

240 posts
alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 13 Feb 2007 23:08

Schards#2 Reading Sell Allocation:Alad/Garry Mann - what a bunch of plastics, enjoy your cup final, where were you when you were sh*t

Reading don't sell allocationAlad/Garry Mann - What a bunch of part timers,can't even sell out your allocation for an FA Cup 5th round game at Old Trafford. You're support is f***ing sh*t

Getting the excuses in early, good work Schards.

Royal Rob

by Royal Rob » 13 Feb 2007 23:10

Sharpy 1ish-2pm after dumped stuff off at hotel...whats easiest way to get to ground?

If the hotel is in the city centre you're best hopping onto a tram at Picadilly or St Peters' Square and getting off at either Exchange Quay or Old Trafford - depending on which line the tram is on.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 14 Feb 2007 12:28

3 veesinarow There is another way. There are many ways.

Talking of "circuses", see you in The Circus on Portland Street around 1pm on Saturday to re-animate the debate? Or will it be the "interestingly varied" Walkabout/Yates/O'Neill's circuit for you?

I don't think they're less deserving fans. I just feel that Arsenal was one of the worst games I'm ever been too, simply because the atmosphere around me was utterly anodyne - people were there on a day trip.

I certainly will not be in a Walkabout! I will be in Didsbury have a meal and drink before the game. However, if we find the Circus I would be delighted to buy you a drink and discuss further.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 14 Feb 2007 13:11

Royal Rob
Sharpy 1ish-2pm after dumped stuff off at hotel...whats easiest way to get to ground?

If the hotel is in the city centre you're best hopping onto a tram at Picadilly or St Peters' Square and getting off at either Exchange Quay or Old Trafford - depending on which line the tram is on.

We had this trouble on the 30th - got in at Manchester - got more drunk - didn't know how to get to the ground!!! So resorted to grabbing a taxi from underneath the train station - IIRC it was £7 in a black cab and he dropped us off 2mins walk away (if that)

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 14 Feb 2007 13:20

there is a train from Manchester Picaddilly to "old trafford halt" runs on match days only, takes 10 minutes.

Its something like £2.50 return, train times will be on display in Piccadilly station.

The league game the first train was an hour and a half before kick off.

sam158_uk

by sam158_uk » 14 Feb 2007 13:29

4,000 sold now

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 14 Feb 2007 13:45

Says in the EP that nearly 5,000 have been sold.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 14 Feb 2007 14:48

Excellent stuff.

Parking being my only concern still.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 14 Feb 2007 14:50

Coppelled Streets Excellent stuff.

I'm thinking of heading for the cricket ground. I've been told it's quite easy to get out if you get there earlier enough and parked near the front.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 14 Feb 2007 14:51

EASTENDER MARKY

I'm thinking of heading for the cricket ground. I've been told it's quite easy to get out if you get there earlier enough and parked near the front.

Hey, top man. I'll have a little look at that now!

EDIT: Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Talbot Road, Manchester, M16 0PX (Phone: 0161 282 4000)

I'm looking to get parked up about 1pm. So no problems anticipated. 8)

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 14 Feb 2007 14:58

Coppelled Streets
EASTENDER MARKY

EDIT: Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Talbot Road, Manchester, M16 0PX (Phone: 0161 282 4000)

I should be getting there at around 2.30ish so me neither. I don't know if it will be open at 1?! :wink:

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 14 Feb 2007 15:06

EASTENDER MARKY
Coppelled Streets
EASTENDER MARKY

I should be getting there at around 2.30ish so me neither. I don't know if it will be open at 1?! :wink:

Where are you planning to drink? The Quadrant looks a good bet and is on the way to Old Trafford from the Cricket ground.

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

Pubs:
The three pubs nearest the ground (The Trafford, Sam Platts and The Bishops Blaize) generally won't let you in if you wear away colours. The best bet is probably the city centre or along one of the stops on the Metrolink. On my last couple of visits I have drank at the Quadrant pub which had a mixture of home and away fans and a couple of handy Chinese/Chippies nearby. The pub is about a 10-15 minute walk away from Old Trafford, in the direction of the Cricket Ground (see tip for parking below for more info). Andy Syborn adds 'away fans are okay to drink in the Bridge at Sale. It is two stops from Old Trafford on the Metro (about eight minutes journey time)'. Alternatively alcohol is normally served within the ground, although for some games the Club opt not to sell any.

Parking:
There are lots of small private car parks near to the ground, otherwise it is street parking. Peter Bennett suggests parking at Old Trafford Cricket Ground (cost �5). Try to arrive early (before 1pm) as if you arrive later, it takes ages leaving the car park after the game. Gareth Hawker adds; 'I parked at the Salford Quays Lowry Mall, a ten minute walk away from the stadium, the cost of which was �3. There was virtually no traffic on leaving, and the road takes you straight onto the M601 which joins up with the M62/M6. This avoids the congestion of the traffic heading South'.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 14 Feb 2007 15:17

Will probably try the Quadrant as well then. If I don't arrive as early as I expect to then I'll head for the ground and have a drink and on the concourse.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 14 Feb 2007 15:24

Now you've told everyone - a Man U fan had recommended the cricket ground too. although he said you will queque for ages whereever you are ("76,000 people = 30,000"cars).
Other advice is avoid parking in the streets, especially if you have a London/ Reading registration number. Parking further out and getting a Bus/ tram is no quicker as you wait ages to get on one of those.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 14 Feb 2007 15:48

I don't mind how long it takes to get out. Once I hit the M62, I'll be home with a pint in hand after 45 minutes. :wink:

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 14 Feb 2007 17:23

DO NOT PARK AT THE CRICKET GROUND!

I parked there for the game on the 30th Dec, Its close, you get parked easy, and you think you are on to a winner, but there must be 200+ cars in there all trying to get out of one exit, into a steady traffic Jam.

By the time we got back on to the M62, Rooney himself cut us up on the slip road.

TIP: Park about 3 miles away (A56) and walk. You'll get away quicker.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 14 Feb 2007 18:47

Coppelled Streets I don't mind how long it takes to get out. Once I hit the M62, I'll be home with a pint in hand after 45 minutes. :wink:

Are you a definate for the Quadrant?

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 14 Feb 2007 19:53

biscuitsrus
Coppelled Streets I don't mind how long it takes to get out. Once I hit the M62, I'll be home with a pint in hand after 45 minutes. :wink:

Went to the Quadrant at the last game.

Freindly boozer about 15 minutes walk away with a couple of chippys either side
The only downside was that they were showing a Scottish football game instead of the live SKY game.
There were a few people parking round there as well.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 15 Feb 2007 00:50

biscuitsrus

Only if some of you lot are going and I'll hook with you somewhere.
My lot are sticking in Reading and watching the game in the pub.

Eaststand Rich

by Eaststand Rich » 15 Feb 2007 10:34

Just been told by the ticket office that there are currently just over 2000 tickets left as of 10.30 this morning.

240 posts