Replay Tickets - ManUre South Stand Request

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Feb 2007 11:54

Oh dear, it seems I may have upset some people for pointing out the fickleness (is that a word??) of some of our support which it has been pointed out on here so many times is apparently very loyal.

I must have been mistaken.

mattyougg

by mattyougg » 19 Feb 2007 12:37

Scrappy
Sharpy i am unsure...is it 23quid for 16-21?

It's the age you were on the 1st August. For me it's 16 quid because I was 16. If you're 17 it's £23.

True.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Feb 2007 13:23

Wycombe Royal Oh dear, it seems I may have upset some people for pointing out the fickleness (is that a word??) of some of our support which it has been pointed out on here so many times is apparently very loyal.

And I was mistaken too. There was me thinking it might be to do with the fact that loyalty does not quite stretch to being taken for a mug and ripped off. Something the club also would do well to remember when considering the prices for season tickets come this summer.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 19 Feb 2007 13:53

Wycombe Royal Oh dear, it seems I may have upset some people for pointing out the fickleness (is that a word??) of some of our support which it has been pointed out on here so many times is apparently very loyal.

The problem is your sweeping statement that, if you weren't at the Burnley game, it means you're fickle. I notice you probably don't have a lot of travelling costs to add to the price of a ticket. If my decision to save money so that I can travel home and away to every league game makes me fickle, so be it.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Feb 2007 13:56

Irvinchangeyaname I notice you probably don't have a lot of travelling costs to add to the price of a ticket.

Maybe you shouldn't just assume that I am going......

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Feb 2007 13:57

Wycombe Royal
Irvinchangeyaname I notice you probably don't have a lot of travelling costs to add to the price of a ticket.

I don't believe he was referring to this game but all home games.

Joe

by Joe » 19 Feb 2007 14:03

RoyalBlue

And I was mistaken too. There was me thinking it might be to do with the fact that loyalty does not quite stretch to being taken for a mug and ripped off. Something the club also would do well to remember when considering the prices for season tickets come this summer.

I hate to disagree, but loyalty is about getting mugged for ticket prices yet still paying them, loyalty is about disregarding everything else for Reading fc, now i'm not saying this is neccessarily a good thing being so blind to the prices etc and i'm not saying blind loyalty is a clever thing but i think you will find that yes loyal fans may complain about the prices of games vs burnley etc but they still will turn up and pay to see the team play. I accept though people with families etc can't afford to goto somegames but the fact of the matter is a lot of people would have been able to afford the burnley game but chose not to go therfore yes reading fans are fickle, do i blame them no.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Feb 2007 14:07

Stranded
Wycombe Royal

I don't believe he was referring to this game but all home games.

That is irrelevant to my initial point.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Feb 2007 16:38

I don't remember seeing people on here talking about how loyal our fans are away from home. In fact, I only remember saying the complete opposite especially when it came to games in the North West. The non glamour ties had not been particularly well attended, whilst of course the bigger clubs are. Boro on Saturday will be another case in point, I don't think we have sold our 2000 tickets.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 20 Feb 2007 11:39

One of the people I sit with at home games can't go to the Man U replay - do you know if a random can call up and buy a ticket using their own card details or does it have to be the season ticket holder using their card details? - bearing in mind they'd just be buying that one ticket. Hope that makes sense.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 20 Feb 2007 11:42

Don Finch One of the people I sit with at home games can't go to the Man U replay - do you know if a random can call up and buy a ticket using their own card details or does it have to be the season ticket holder using their card details? - bearing in mind they'd just be buying that one ticket. Hope that makes sense.

Shouldn't be a problem - its no different to buying a few tickets over the phone for your mates. The only place you can't do that is online (the credit / debit card you use has to be registered to the same address as the member card).

Mr Brightside
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mr Brightside » 20 Feb 2007 11:43

Huntley & Palmer

I don't remember seeing people on here talking about how loyal our fans are away from home. In fact, I only remember saying the complete opposite especially when it came to games in the North West. The non glamour ties had not been particularly well attended, whilst of course the bigger clubs are. Boro on Saturday will be another case in point, I don't think we have sold our 2000 tickets.

Boro is a bl**dy long way, and have plans for the evening, so pub it is.

coyrls

by coyrls » 20 Feb 2007 11:55

T.R.O.L.I.
Don Finch One of the people I sit with at home games can't go to the Man U replay - do you know if a random can call up and buy a ticket using their own card details or does it have to be the season ticket holder using their card details? - bearing in mind they'd just be buying that one ticket. Hope that makes sense.

Shouldn't be a problem - its no different to buying a few tickets over the phone for your mates. The only place you can't do that is online (the credit / debit card you use has to be registered to the same address as the member card).

Not sure if that's true. I think you can buy online so long as you've got them set up in your "fiends and family" or whatever they call it. When I got my ticket, my "basket" also had all the people I've got in my list and I think I could have bought them all. Of course they've got the cards and so it would just have been untypical generosity on my part if I'd done it!

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 20 Feb 2007 12:01

coyrls
T.R.O.L.I.

Not sure if that's true. I think you can buy online so long as you've got them set up in your "fiends and family" or whatever they call it. When I got my ticket, my "basket" also had all the people I've got in my list and I think I could have bought them all. Of course they've got the cards and so it would just have been untypical generosity on my part if I'd done it!

Yeah, I had this too when I had a look online. As a non-STH, I thought at first I would be able to murk my ex-gf's brother, who is linked to my account, by nicking his ticket. Then I realised that I'd simply be paying for his ticket and it would just get added to his card.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 20 Feb 2007 12:08

Cool cheers people, I would use the online link but I've already bought one ticket for someone else and I'm, well, a bit tight for cash now until the end of the month. I'll just tell them to get on the phone and try their luck, hopefully they won't have to sit on the phone all day.

Kurtz

by Kurtz » 20 Feb 2007 12:10

Dunno if this has been done in previous pages but, as ever, online ticketing performance is crap. Had several attempts to pay for my ticket rejected. I am an ST and was trying to buy mine and for two linked STs (registered with a different home address). I could not get the payment to go through on three different credit/switch cards.

Can I only buy for mine, surely not? Anyone else suffering checkout problems?

[If the online system is also run by Premium TV they should spend a bit less money endlessly trying to flog a mediocre subscription service and a bit more getting the basic systems working properly.]

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 20 Feb 2007 12:35

Got mine and another, linked registration, about an hour ago. Had problems yesterday so left it and was fine when I tried it today. Probably doesn't help you much! Check your cardholder address matches the address you have registered on the official site, other than that, try again in a bit if I were you.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 20 Feb 2007 20:44

I've just found out that some bloke at my mums work (West Ham fan) has got 2 tickets to this game. He got them through a mate of his who works in the sales centre. Now, I want to know how that is as there aren't any seats available until Thursday when we'll know if any STH haven't taken their allocation. And how many times does this happen for games?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 21 Feb 2007 00:36

Err, all RFC staff get allocated tickets for every game.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 21 Feb 2007 11:26

No, this was him selling them to friends. Not part of the free allocation given by the club.

Don't err me you pompous prick.