away ticket policy

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 06 Mar 2007 08:55

coyrls I don't think it's possible to have more than 600 points from only going to home games

Exactly. Let's just get this straight, coz all this whinging about "new" away fans going to Arsenal is starting to irritate me.

I have had a season ticket since Royalty points began, and over those years have been to a handful of cup games and away games each season. I have 565 points, so couldn't get an Arsenal ticket.

So in other words anyone who could get an Arsenal ticket MUST have been to a fair few away games and is clearly a dedicated supporter. Just because they are not as "hardcore" as someone who chooses to spend all their time travelling to Middlesborough and the like does not mean they do not deserve a ticket and that the points system doesn't work!!!!

I refuse to believe it affects the atmosphere as well. As an example - I bet loads of so-called "new" away fans (including myself) were at Fulham and No 13 had an excellent day there. Maybe it was something to do with the match ... rather than the supporters???!

Rant over :twisted:

coyrls

by coyrls » 06 Mar 2007 09:27

Adrian's Fool
coyrls I don't think it's possible to have more than 600 points from only going to home games

Exactly. Let's just get this straight, coz all this whinging about "new" away fans going to Arsenal is starting to irritate me.

I have had a season ticket since Royalty points began, and over those years have been to a handful of cup games and away games each season. I have 565 points, so couldn't get an Arsenal ticket.

So in other words anyone who could get an Arsenal ticket MUST have been to a fair few away games and is clearly a dedicated supporter. Just because they are not as "hardcore" as someone who chooses to spend all their time travelling to Middlesborough and the like does not mean they do not deserve a ticket and that the points system doesn't work!!!!

I refuse to believe it affects the atmosphere as well. As an example - I bet loads of so-called "new" away fans (including myself) were at Fulham and No 13 had an excellent day there. Maybe it was something to do with the match ... rather than the supporters???!

Rant over :twisted:

Quite right, that's the reason I posted that. I'm in the same position as you (I think I've got 554 points). I too have had a season ticket since the points began and every season I go to a few away games (including, as it happens this year, Middlesbrough). So to say that people with over 600 points only go to home games must be wrong.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 06 Mar 2007 09:51

The Royalty Points Discussion thread did actually show you could have over 600 points from just having a season ticket and going to all the home cup and friendly games since the scheme began. I still think the large majority of those who got tickets had been to plenty of away games all the same though.

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 06 Mar 2007 09:57

AJ~ The Royalty Points Discussion thread did actually show you could have over 600 points from just having a season ticket and going to all the home cup and friendly games since the scheme began. I still think the large majority of those who got tickets had been to plenty of away games all the same though.

Agreed ... the more likely scenario is that those people have been to a fair few away matches. In any case, as I pointed out above, the local/ "easy" away matches at times have had great away atmospheres.

The fans just had an off day. Get over it.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 06 Mar 2007 11:29

the big difference at west ham and fulham was maybe that we wee winning

if people got 600+ points because they attended some unattractive home games - swansea twice, watford & sheffield in the league cup amongst others then fair play to them, they deserved their day in the sun

TomCat

by TomCat » 06 Mar 2007 18:38

I think that it is. If I take my away points off my total I would have 605 and I didn't get any points for last seasons Luton cc game

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 06 Mar 2007 18:49

TomCat

I think that it is. If I take my away points off my total I would have 605 and I didn't get any points for last seasons Luton cc game

A season ticket holder for the last 3 years who didn't go to any other matches would have 485 points.

Including all home friendly, home cup matches and STAR membership for 2 seasons it would be 635 points.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: away ticket policy

by Mr Angry » 07 Mar 2007 11:18

blue_army_wokingham I would like the club to reconsider its policy of awarding away tickets to those who have the most royalty points. i myself have an away season ticket and haven't missed a game all year. nearly every game i've been to there has been a fantastic atmosphere with lots of hardcore support.

However, saturdays trip to arsenal showed one of the worst atmoshperes from number 13 all season. The reason for this is that boring non singing fans that sit in the west upper at madejski, decide they want to go and see a nice new stadium. Now i dont want to take anything away from these fans as they obviously have accumalted their 600+ loyalty points from follwoing reading at home for a long time. But if youre not going to support the team when you go to away games then i think you shouldnt go, and let somebody that wants to sing their hearts out go instead.

my suggestion to the club would be as follows - all away tickets go out to away season ticket holders straight away. the remaining should go out to fans that have been to the most away games that season.

e.g those that made the pain in the ar$e trips to man city, man utd, middlesbrough, etc should get preference on a ticket for the arsenal game instead of those that havent been to an away game all season and suddenly decide to go to arsenal (with their kids in arsenal kits) as its easier to get to.

if these fans that dont want to sing sit together with prawn sandwiches in the west stand at home then thats fine as theres plenty of other fans to bring the noise up. but at arsenal i saw about 1000 new faces to away games that werent making any effort to get behind the team. and it caused the atmosphere to suffer which couldnt have done anything to help the players on the pitch.

disucss.....

As someone who sits in the Upper West, and has an away season ticket, and who (probably) has been supporting Reading for longer than you have been alive this is my contribution to the "discussion".

To dissect your juvenile and ignorant post, and to shoot down in flames your school playground debating points is, frankly, not worth my time, so I will just say this..........

You are a moron.

Thank you.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 07 Mar 2007 13:04

fridays child Let's just sell tickets based on best/loudest singers.

Good idea FC.

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 08 Mar 2007 08:46

blue_army_wokingham ... But if youre not going to support the team when you go to away games then i think you shouldnt go, and let somebody that wants to sing their hearts out go instead....

Believe it or not, some people actually go to football matches to watch the football. I am a STH that had a seat in Y25 but moved, this season, to Y20 because I got fed up being surrounded be 'fans' more interested in standing and chanting at the away supporters than watching the game..... You don't have to sing to be a loyal supporter.... really.... :roll:

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 08 Mar 2007 10:10

Mr Angry As someone who sits in the Upper West, and has an away season ticket, and who (probably) has been supporting Reading for longer than you have been alive this is my contribution to the "discussion".

To dissect your juvenile and ignorant post, and to shoot down in flames your school playground debating points is, frankly, not worth my time, so I will just say this..........

You are a moron.

Thank you.

But ... but ... but....
You're MR ANGRY!!!!

Have you no pride??

Completely agree with Royalphil BTW.

One other thing... while it's a beautiful ground... I don't think it's very conducive to creative a big atmosphere. And let's face it, the Arsenal crowd never will be either.

coyrls

by coyrls » 08 Mar 2007 11:56

Warfield Royal
TomCat

A season ticket holder for the last 3 years who didn't go to any other matches would have 485 points.

Including all home friendly, home cup matches and STAR membership for 2 seasons it would be 635 points.

Thanks for the correction ..... I didn't realise there were that many points available .... still doesn't make me bitter though .... if people have the points then fair enough that's the system. I would have liked an Arsenal ticket (especially as I live 10 minutes on the bus from the ground) but that's life!

blue_army_wokingham

by blue_army_wokingham » 08 Mar 2007 12:27

well then, i'll just leave this debate knowing that i contribute more to the performance of my players on the pitch than a fan who sits there all match moaning about people standing and trying to spur their team on.

i wasnt having a go at fans that go to all games, if they want to sit there and moan all game then thats their choice as theyve spent their money to do so. But they have no right to moan at people who want to sing all match as the players have admitted time and time again that it makes them play better.

therefore, they are fans, not supporters.

Scylla

by Scylla » 08 Mar 2007 12:38

blue_army_wokingham well then, i'll just leave this debate knowing that i contribute more to the performance of my players on the pitch than a fan who sits there all match moaning about people standing and trying to spur their team on.

i wasnt having a go at fans that go to all games, if they want to sit there and moan all game then thats their choice as theyve spent their money to do so. But they have no right to moan at people who want to sing all match as the players have admitted time and time again that it makes them play better.

Thankyou for clarifying that point. It's good to know what I'm allowed to do.

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 08 Mar 2007 12:45

blue_army_wokingham well then, i'll just leave this debate knowing that i contribute more to the performance of my players on the pitch than a fan who sits there all match moaning about people standing and trying to spur their team on.

So the money I pay for my season ticket means nothing as to weather i'm a supporter or not as I don't join in with a lot of the singing? Most of which at Reading isn't even directed towards our players anyway. 3 of the most prominant chants recently including "You're worse than Graham Poll", "Divers, Divers, Divers" and "There's only one Alan Shearer" :?

Symposium

by Symposium » 08 Mar 2007 12:45

My view is anyone that goes to the matches is a supporter. It's the people who say that they support Reading but haven't been to a match this season (or ever!), and just read updates in the EP... they're fans, not supporters.

By just being in the ground, you're visibly showing your support to the team, and providing your financial support to the club.

And for the record, I'm a singer rather than a non-singer...

Crasher

by Crasher » 08 Mar 2007 12:47

Royalphil
blue_army_wokingham ... But if youre not going to support the team when you go to away games then i think you shouldnt go, and let somebody that wants to sing their hearts out go instead....

Believe it or not, some people actually go to football matches to watch the football. I am a STH that had a seat in Y25 but moved, this season, to Y20 because I got fed up being surrounded be 'fans' more interested in standing and chanting at the away supporters than watching the game..... You don't have to sing to be a loyal supporter.... really.... :roll:

Totally agree.

Oh, and if helps, there will be 2 extra AST's next season as my son and I will not be renewing our AST's.

Why? Well to be honest, i'm fed up with trying to get the people in front to sit down so my son can watch the football - he's 11, he likes football, he likes to watch football, he does not like staring at the backside of another 'fan' who insists on standing and chanting for 90% of the game.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 08 Mar 2007 13:37

Crasher
Royalphil

Totally agree.

Oh, and if helps, there will be 2 extra AST's next season as my son and I will not be renewing our AST's.

Why? Well to be honest, i'm fed up with trying to get the people in front to sit down so my son can watch the football - he's 11, he likes football, he likes to watch football, he does not like staring at the backside of another 'fan' who insists on standing and chanting for 90% of the game.

Let's see if he feels like that as a 15+ teenager.

Can't please everyone mate.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 08 Mar 2007 14:18

Jesus Christ- how insecure does one need to be to try to justify their 'superior' fan position by saying they sing a lot?? Frankly, I pity such people and will gladly concede the point to them as it obviously must be the only thing their self-esteem rests upon.

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 08 Mar 2007 14:55

Volvicanus Jesus Christ- how insecure does one need to be to try to justify their 'superior' fan position by saying they sing a lot?? Frankly, I pity such people and will gladly concede the point to them as it obviously must be the only thing their self-esteem rests upon.

Plastic.