Scousers in the home end

214 posts
West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 08 Apr 2007 19:38

Dirk Gently
savage 4 england
West Stand Man Was anyone else listening to 606 last night? If so, was I right in hearing a Liverpool supporter stating that little clubs like Reading are not ready for the invasion of the number of fans that Liverpool bring? He appeared to imply that Reading is too small a club for the Premier League.

I was not sure that was what he said, but it sounded that way to me. If so, perhaps a Liverpool fan could explain why they are any different to the other clubs in this league. It seems to me that the Madejski has sold out for just about every game this season, and that no other fans seem to have had problems getting in on time.

Apparently this particular scouser 'arrived at 2.20 and only got in to the stadium at 3.20' and that was because 'there just weren't enough turnstiles for a big crowd'? He also found 'hard to work out which way round these stupid automated tickets had to be entered into the card readers'. This problem was 'causing long delays in getting people in, as the stewards had to keep going in to help'.

It's not our fault there stupid is it.

What can you say?!?

Not a lot really!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Apr 2007 20:36

GJ79
West Stand Man Was anyone else listening to 606 last night? If so, was I right in hearing a Liverpool supporter stating that little clubs like Reading are not ready for the invasion of the number of fans that Liverpool bring? He appeared to imply that Reading is too small a club for the Premier League.

I was not sure that was what he said, but it sounded that way to me. If so, perhaps a Liverpool fan could explain why they are any different to the other clubs in this league. It seems to me that the Madejski has sold out for just about every game this season, and that no other fans seem to have had problems getting in on time.

Apparently this particular scouser 'arrived at 2.20 and only got in to the stadium at 3.20' and that was because 'there just weren't enough turnstiles for a big crowd'? He also found 'hard to work out which way round these stupid automated tickets had to be entered into the card readers'. This problem was 'causing long delays in getting people in, as the stewards had to keep going in to help'.

It cant be that hard can it???? theres only 2 ways of sticking the ticket in!!!!! :shock:

There's actually more than that. Who knows, they might even have been folding the long side in half to get it to fit!

Incidentally, prior to the game I heard a couple of scousers moaning that we weren't a proper football club because it was clearly a family day out for our fans!

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 08 Apr 2007 21:44

floyd__streete
Peter Kay - Top of the To The club must act, by immediately banning those RFC STHs who allowed their tickets to fall into the hands of oppossing fans who failed to behave with respect. Thereafter these seats could be re-allocated for the remaining games of the season.

Agreed, but can you really see RFC doing anything about this? As long as the seats are sold they couldn't give a damn.

RFC couldnt giive two shites as long as the tickets are sold.

I was in the North Stand when three 'scousers' were evicted after the first goal. Good, they acted like plebs and deserved all they got.

I tend to feel those who feel otherwise havent a oxf*rd clue what football is all about, and therefore their opinions are worthless.

peeping_bernal

by peeping_bernal » 08 Apr 2007 22:45

Were the curley haired 70's tash shell suited scousers on 606 the same ones who were lounged out on the grass bank outside the south stand with a picnic (burger and chips) and cans of beer. Bunch of knobs mouthing off at people walking past about what a sh*ty little club and little ground we have and harping on about there 5 cups, thats why they were late in. Rant over

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 08 Apr 2007 23:11

Am I alone in thinking Sir John should have busted that buck toothed Scouse slag in the chops when she celebrated their winner and then kicked her down the stairs into the hands of some over zealous, Liverpudlian-hating stewards?

Surprise Surprise you Scouse c*nt!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Apr 2007 23:16

scutterbucket Am I alone in thinking Sir John should have busted that buck toothed Scouse slag in the chops when she celebrated their winner and then kicked her down the stairs into the hands of some over zealous, Liverpudlian-hating stewards?

Surprise Surprise you Scouse c*nt!

a blind date with the f*cking RBH you goofy sl*g

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Apr 2007 08:08

This is always going to happen when the big clubs come to town and will recur next season when we have increased capacity.

Personally if they're not provocative and are quiet then its obviously not a problem but action should be taken to remove them when they're openly celebrating as obviously the thicker elements about (including them) could well cause trouble.

The club should also take action on the ST holders themselves as they should not be giving their tickets to opponent supporting mates.

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 09 Apr 2007 08:49

peeping_bernal Were the curley haired 70's tash shell suited scousers on 606 the same ones who were lounged out on the grass bank outside the south stand with a picnic (burger and chips) and cans of beer. Bunch of knobs mouthing off at people walking past about what a sh*ty little club and little ground we have and harping on about there 5 cups, thats why they were late in. Rant over

can anyone see why football fans are derided in many a quarter given the above post?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 09 Apr 2007 08:51

Fat Leather Jacket RFC couldnt giive two shites as long as the tickets are sold.

I was in the North Stand when three 'scousers' were evicted after the first goal. Good, they acted like plebs and deserved all they got.

Don't these two sentences directly contradict each other? :wink:

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 09 Apr 2007 09:47

The 17 Bus
royalsteve
2 world wars, 1 world cup I've made my view clear that whilst it's fine for fans to come into the reading end if they *really* have to, it's definitely bang out of order to have such little respect for the local fans by proudly wearing your colours and cheering. It's stupid, unfair and disrespectful.

But ANYWAY.... it doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong.

The issue is this:

Agree or not the FACT is people WILL get hurt by coming into the home end wearing their own colours and cheering their team on. And whether you like it or not a significant proportion of Reading fans will have little sympathy for these guys getting physically hurt. Clearly therefore either way, it has got to stop. The club will be 100% responsible if anything happens because they know how we feel. The ball's in the club's court.

They've already done well by kicking some out. Now they have to make sure they never come in in the first place.

At only 25000 seats we don't have enough seats for true royals to get to watch their own town.

The stewards were idiots to let them in wearing colours and the c**k who gave it the big one was lucky he wasnt sitting near the drummer as he would be exiting the stadium with his fist down his own throat

sounds like you are just the sort of fan that RFC are trying to get rid of, talk of fist down throat is no way to behave.

perhaps you should re-read my post...or maybe you cant read....i didnt say i was going to do it did i? its just he was lucky he was sitting in one of the most tolerant parts of the ground but even then he nearly got a pasting - you clearly didnt see the incident.....he was a right cocky idiot..:roll: :roll:

after being thrown out i guess he ransacked the mad stad car park :lol:

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 09 Apr 2007 10:47

Dirk Gently
Fat Leather Jacket RFC couldnt giive two shites as long as the tickets are sold.

Don't these two sentences directly contradict each other? :wink:

Possibly, quite possibly. Or not. :wink:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 09 Apr 2007 10:59

Jerry St Clair
West Stand Man Apparently this particular scouser 'arrived at 2.20 and only got in to the stadium at 3.20' and that was because 'there just weren't enough turnstiles for a big crowd'? He also found 'hard to work out which way round these stupid automated tickets had to be entered into the card readers'. This problem was 'causing long delays in getting people in, as the stewards had to keep going in to help'.

I don't recall any other group of away fans having these difficulties.

Could it be that Scousers are thicker than the average fan?

Having spoken to Scousers after the game, it seems they only had one set of turnstiles open in the away end so every fan could be searched and checked for alcohol intake. Hence why at the start of the game there were hundreds of seats not taken up.

Reference the away fans in home ends, it's a fact of life that it will happen. I know two of my Red supporting mates were sat in the South Stand, they had member cards after coming along to the odd Reading game in the last two seasons so had enough to get tickets. They didn't celebrate until the second goal went in, even then it was a quick punch of the air and sit down again. Apparently the two rows around them in the South Stand were full of Liverpool fans wearing covered up Liverpool shirts and England shirts with Gerrard on the back. I can't see any problem in this, they are not taking away tickets from genuine Reading fans as a genuine Reading fan will have given them the ticket on their member card of they bought one themselves via the TO.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 09 Apr 2007 11:09

Huntley & Palmer I can't see any problem in this, they are not taking away tickets from genuine Reading fans as a genuine Reading fan will have given them the ticket on their member card of they bought one themselves via the TO.

Sorry, but it is taking tickets from genuine RFC fans. If member card holders with high royalty points totals, 'loan' their cards to away fans that means that real fans, with fewer points, will not get a look in.

It is also a technical breach of the terms of the card as the points are not transferable.

I would love to go back to the 'good old days' of the 60s when fans could mingle relatively freely - but it isn't going to happen. In that case, it is irresponsible to sell on/pass on home tickets to away fans who are unable to be neutral on the day. I would expect that the perpetrators will be invited to lose their privileges as member card holders - bit I won't hold my breath on that one.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 09 Apr 2007 11:11

They had 40 & 50 points respectively, so any 'Reading fan' that didn't bother buying a ticket by then deserves to miss out.

murts_the_god

by murts_the_god » 09 Apr 2007 13:06

Huntley & Palmer
Jerry St Clair
West Stand Man Apparently this particular scouser 'arrived at 2.20 and only got in to the stadium at 3.20' and that was because 'there just weren't enough turnstiles for a big crowd'? He also found 'hard to work out which way round these stupid automated tickets had to be entered into the card readers'. This problem was 'causing long delays in getting people in, as the stewards had to keep going in to help'.

I don't recall any other group of away fans having these difficulties.

Could it be that Scousers are thicker than the average fan?

Having spoken to Scousers after the game, it seems they only had one set of turnstiles open in the away end so every fan could be searched and checked for alcohol intake. Hence why at the start of the game there were hundreds of seats not taken up.

Reference the away fans in home ends, it's a fact of life that it will happen. I know two of my Red supporting mates were sat in the South Stand, they had member cards after coming along to the odd Reading game in the last two seasons so had enough to get tickets. They didn't celebrate until the second goal went in, even then it was a quick punch of the air and sit down again. Apparently the two rows around them in the South Stand were full of Liverpool fans wearing covered up Liverpool shirts and England shirts with Gerrard on the back. I can't see any problem in this, they are not taking away tickets from genuine Reading fans as a genuine Reading fan will have given them the ticket on their member card of they bought one themselves via the TO.

what about the scouse twat that was sat in y26 , even if you ave never been to the stadium before you should know that this part of the stadium is full of proper fans (as in vocal) just by looking and listening, as i was saying if your an away fan sat in the home end shit down shut up and dont oxf*rd cheer when your team scores , i saw some very upset people on saturday including myself the pol*ce and the stewar*s did a good job in getting this prat out of the ground but they should have noticed sooner .

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Apr 2007 13:14

RobRoyale My girlfriend couldn't make it to the game today as something came up at the last minute so my liverpool supporter mate came along in her place. Ok so we sit in the south stand away from the nutters of the east stand but if he was stupid enough to cheer their goals and wear his colours I'd expect it to pi$$ people off.

As it is, he was very well behaved. Just as I was in the Kop for the cup game!

Noone was any the wiser and we both enjoyed our football.

It's just about having some common sense!!!!!!!

That's the right idea.

If I was sat next to an opposition supporter I wouldn't really care as long as they were sensible about it. I.e. not being vocally supportive of their team, and not celebrating their goals.

It's just inviting conflict, as is similar in all walks of life.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 09 Apr 2007 17:18

There was a Spurs fan behind me that vocally stood up and cheered when they scored.
Stewards did nothing.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 09 Apr 2007 17:27

lozz2601 There was a Spurs fan behind me that vocally stood up and cheered when they scored.
Stewards did nothing.

Perhaps you were in the Spurs end?

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 09 Apr 2007 17:39

lozz2601 There was a Spurs fan behind me that vocally stood up and cheered when they scored.
Stewards did nothing.

In B17?

peeping_bernal

by peeping_bernal » 09 Apr 2007 21:52

With reference to there only been one turnstile open as they were checking the fans for alchol intake on entrance, this may of been caused by them sat on the bank outside the ground with the cans and being rude to people as they came up to the ground, so it may of been a case of rough justice to the pissed up scousers.

214 posts