1500 Season Tickets Available

Royalphil

1500 Season Tickets Available

by Royalphil » 25 Jun 2007 18:05

On Monday with ONLY 301 points or more... that's them all gone on Monday then... :roll:

Surely they should have started much higher.... Guess on what time the queue will start?

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 25 Jun 2007 18:13

Ken will be at the front of the queue

working class hero

by working class hero » 25 Jun 2007 19:37

So...1500 have been priced out. They will be replaced. But at what level do we feel we will no longer be able to replace those who fall by the wayside?
And are those who have dropped out possibly those who are on pensions or benefits but who have loyally stood by the club in less prosperous times?

And does the club give a flying one as long as cash keeps rolling in?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 25 Jun 2007 19:46

working class hero So...1500 have been priced out. They will be replaced. But at what level do we feel we will no longer be able to replace those who fall by the wayside?

Considering the club has set the first level of royalty points at 301, I'd imagine they're expecting the tickets to go fairly quickly. As such, I'd imagine the level you question is actually a fair way down the sliding scale of points.

working class hero And are those who have dropped out possibly those who are on pensions or benefits but who have loyally stood by the club in less prosperous times?

And does the club give a flying one as long as cash keeps rolling in?

Going by the responses on here, those that are not renewing are from a wide cross section of the population of RFC fans and not just those who have "stood by the club in less prosperous times". And, no, the club probably doesn't "give a flying one" as a football club is now a business. That's life so get over it.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 25 Jun 2007 19:48

Where did you get the info about why people didn't renew ?

I'd be amazed if everyone who didn't renew quoted finance as the reason for not renewing !

And I'd be amazed if every year since season tickets started quite a few decided not to renew for financial reasons.

Next season the club have said that they will be able to do more with pricing so we should see games selected for special offers which will be good.

It also appears that more tickets may be available on a match by match basis
which will help.

I wonder if some of those who feel they can;t afford a season ticket this year have done the obvious and paired up with a friend to share the cost - I know a few who did it last year and it seemed to work OK.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 25 Jun 2007 20:21

Behindu Where did you get the info about why people didn't renew ?

Probably the Not renewing thread.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 25 Jun 2007 20:31

Does anyone know if Zebra confirm if a person is accepted before they recieve the contract with the club for them to 'put by' or does this 1500 just mean anyone who hasnt sent their contract out (only recieved it friday) and people who havent renewed?

eaststandbird

by eaststandbird » 25 Jun 2007 20:39

Does anyone know if we can still apply for Away Season Tickets?

This would be really helpful, thanks

Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 25 Jun 2007 21:06

eaststandbird Does anyone know if we can still apply for Away Season Tickets?

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Open/SeasonTickets/0,,10306,00.html

Away Season Ticket
To secure a ticket for every away game, including away cup matches, supporters can join our Away Season Ticket scheme. Existing Away Season Ticket holders will be given priority on joining this scheme but must complete a new application form. Please note that you can only join this scheme by returning the completed application form, either by post or in person. Applications cannot be processed by telephone or online, due to the requirement of a signature.

eaststandbird

by eaststandbird » 25 Jun 2007 21:23

Squelchy2507

Away Season Ticket
To secure a ticket for every away game, including away cup matches, supporters can join our Away Season Ticket scheme. Existing Away Season Ticket holders will be given priority on joining this scheme but must complete a new application form. Please note that you can only join this scheme by returning the completed application form, either by post or in person. Applications cannot be processed by telephone or online, due to the requirement of a signature.

Yes but when you click on way games it says that it is closed. But that might be from last season, but it doesnt make it clear.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 25 Jun 2007 21:30

1500 priced out? i don't think so

a number of long time reading supports that no longer live in the reading area and have difficulty making it to every game would have bought a season ticket for our first premiership seeason only

some people will have recently moved away from the area eg students

unfortunately a few will have passed on

some will be touts that bought last season that the club has caught up with

there may even have been a few not so loyal royals, football fans in the reading area that bought for a season but decided not to bother again

a host of reasons, of which "priced out" is only one

Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 25 Jun 2007 21:51

eaststandbird
Squelchy2507

Away Season Ticket

Yes but when you click on way games it says that it is closed. But that might be from last season, but it doesnt make it clear.

But there aren't any away games on sale yet so of course there won't be anything there. Anyway, you asked about an Away Season Ticket and the details above clearly state "...you can only join this scheme by returning the completed application form, either by post or in person. Applications cannot be processed by telephone or online

OOPS! I see what you mean now, it says that Applications for Away Season Tickets is now closed. Well, I think this is in respect of last season as the page hasn't been updated since the Blackburn tickets went on sale.

Bill Oddie
Location: By the bamboo bush in the central reservation on the M4

by Bill Oddie » 25 Jun 2007 22:58

According to official statistics the missing 1500 are as follows :

534 ......... bought a plaque, a brick, new home/away kit, another brick etc
303 ......... refused to fund the devil that is the Premiership
230 ......... decided they would never ever witness a better season
185 ......... blamed new labour for taxing them too much
82 .......... decided swindon was better value
69 ........... lost all their money in a Basingstoke betting scam
41 ........... were found to be illegal immigrants
28 .......... were sent to Iraq
11 .......... were sent to jail
7 ............. were sent to bed (with no tea)
5 ............ parkinsons
3 ............. now work in Bangkok massage palours
2 ............. became Cruise ship entertainers

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 26 Jun 2007 00:30

weybridgewanderer 1500 priced out? i don't think so

a number of long time reading supports that no longer live in the reading area and have difficulty making it to every game would have bought a season ticket for our first premiership seeason only

some people will have recently moved away from the area eg students

unfortunately a few will have passed on

some will be touts that bought last season that the club has caught up with

there may even have been a few not so loyal royals, football fans in the reading area that bought for a season but decided not to bother again

a host of reasons, of which "priced out" is only one

I reckon a large number are students.

I will be giving my season ticket up next year..hopefully after a few months the east stand will be extended.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 26 Jun 2007 07:10

Most of those with 301 points will be those that did not renew surely? Or previous ST olders?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Jun 2007 08:37

weybridgewanderer a host of reasons, of which "priced out" is only one

But wch isn't going to let a silly thing like that stop him from having a go at the club for crushing the common man is he?

philM

by philM » 26 Jun 2007 08:51

The 17 Bus Most of those with 301 points will be those that did not renew surely? Or previous ST olders?

Either that or they started going at least 2 seasons ago (or went to all the home & away games last season). I did every home game last season + all the cup games and 1 away = 240 points.

philM

Re: 1500 Season Tickets Available

by philM » 26 Jun 2007 09:01

Royalphil On Monday with ONLY 301 points or more... that's them all gone on Monday then... :roll:

I suspect not or the club would have done the banding differently. People are going to be pi$$ed off if they can't get through and then lose out the next day to others with points in the next band down. They should be able to work it out to give them a fairly even workload each day. I reckon (hope) it'll go down to around the 200 point.
Last edited by philM on 26 Jun 2007 09:04, edited 1 time in total.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 26 Jun 2007 09:04

Damnit, with a holiday to start paying off and the timing of this being off by a week (payday end of the week_) i haven't got a chance of sneaking in for a season ticket.

Royalphil

Re: 1500 Season Tickets Available

by Royalphil » 26 Jun 2007 09:34

philM
Royalphil On Monday with ONLY 301 points or more... that's them all gone on Monday then... :roll:

I suspect not or the club would have done the banding differently. People are going to be pi$$ed off if they can't get through and then lose out the next day to others with points in the next band down. They should be able to work it out to give them a fairly even workload each day. I reckon (hope) it'll go down to around the 200 point.

You are crediting them with doing some sort of stats analysis... I am not so sure... :roll: I have 740 points and had hoped to be able to get a season ticket easily, I now find myself 'competing' with all those on far less points...

Just whilst I am here.... I had a ST last year but wanted to move my seat, so didn't renew and decided to take the gamble that I would get a new seat.... I'll let you know if it worked..... :roll: