Catering quality again - 2007-2008

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 18 Aug 2007 01:33

papereyes
Compo's Hat Why don't they get plastic bottles (obviously lowering the price a bit).

This will improve the quality of beer and speed up the queues.

Can be thrown? (Oxford 2002, as an example)
Harder to carry by roaming staff?
Too much of a good idea?

LOL at Oxford 2002. They even had a partition wall with a 5ft 'throwing gap' at the top in the concourse...

Sorry back to the matter in hand...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Aug 2007 01:44

Skin
papereyes
Compo's Hat Why don't they get plastic bottles (obviously lowering the price a bit).

This will improve the quality of beer and speed up the queues.

Can be thrown? (Oxford 2002, as an example)
Harder to carry by roaming staff?
Too much of a good idea?

LOL at Oxford 2002. They even had a partition wall with a 5ft 'throwing gap' at the top in the concourse...

Sorry back to the matter in hand...
and just when did we play Wolves at Molineux (fackin french name)?............nice food..............a hamburger on the head never hurt nobody..........that was fun

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 18 Aug 2007 11:07

In the lower west on wednesday the lager was particularly nasty. We wanted 4 pints between our group and tried 12 pints and still it was crap.
In the end they stopped serving lager while someone investigated.The view of a few people around me was that they had some barrels left over from last season and tried to use that up but it was of course out of date.
Generally speaking the lager in the Lower West has a chemical taste for the 1st buyers because the pipes have been cleaned with chemicles but have not had enough water drawn through them to clear all the chemicles from the pipes ( a landlord at a pub told me this is why it tastes like chemicles)
Is this something trading standards should be informed about ?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Aug 2007 11:08

Royal Monk Is this something trading standards should be informed about ?

I'd contact the club to be honest....

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 18 Aug 2007 21:30

Don't like it. Don't buy it.

Sainsburys. Ginster's original pasty. Buy one get one free. £1.19
Home made weak lemon drink. £0.10

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 18 Aug 2007 21:59

Exactly. Why anyone would pay god knows how much for food at the Mad Stad is beyond me. Chicken and mushroom slice in some tin foil and a drink in my coat.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Aug 2007 09:46

Having sampled a pizza pod today, I'd say it was alright. The steak & kidney pies were acceptable as well. Though rather hilariously all products now contain egg, as per the label on each item :?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Aug 2007 10:00

Royal Monk In the lower west on wednesday the lager was particularly nasty. We wanted 4 pints between our group and tried 12 pints and still it was crap.
In the end they stopped serving lager while someone investigated.The view of a few people around me was that they had some barrels left over from last season and tried to use that up but it was of course out of date.
Generally speaking the lager in the Lower West has a chemical taste for the 1st buyers because the pipes have been cleaned with chemicles but have not had enough water drawn through them to clear all the chemicles from the pipes ( a landlord at a pub told me this is why it tastes like chemicles)
Is this something trading standards should be informed about ?

Usually its the gas.

I have a suspicion that they don't actually know quite how to look after the beer side of things.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 19 Aug 2007 10:39

cheeryoleary Don't like it. Don't buy it.

Sadly, I can't take my own beer in the ground.

And there isn't a decent pub within 30 mins walk. So, if I want a pint, I don't really have a lot of choice.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 19 Aug 2007 11:43

Huntley & Palmer Having sampled a pizza pod today, I'd say it was alright. The steak & kidney pies were acceptable as well. Though rather hilariously all products now contain egg, as per the label on each item :?

Does that explain the lager problems perhaps ?

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 19 Aug 2007 12:56

Huntley & Palmer Having sampled a pizza pod today, I'd say it was alright. The steak & kidney pies were acceptable as well. Though rather hilariously all products now contain egg, as per the label on each item :?

I asked if they had any vegetarian options and they said no because everything had egg in it :lol:

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 19 Aug 2007 13:51

Someone should open a completely independent bar/pub near the ground.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 19 Aug 2007 15:42

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Someone should open a completely independent bar/pub near the ground.

Apart from a complete lack of suitable premises and the impossibility of making any money off the back of a couple of hours trade a week that's a cracking idea !