Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

140 posts
Blue_White_Blood

Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Blue_White_Blood » 03 Apr 2008 19:59

listen guys i want to start a following of supporters that want to come together and change the atmosphere at the matches so that it becomes an intimidating place for visting fans and teams.....
we can do this my fellow loyal royals!!!!!
i have read on this forum about a singing block for those fans that sing at every match and want to win every match and that hate it when we loose this is for those fans!!!!! i feel that a singing block would be perfect for reading fc... imagine it people a group of fans maybe a couple of thousand fans in a certain area (e.g. the kop) if we were to bring this to the mad stad then im sure readingfc would be a high flying club in the league as we have a good enough team to be doing that.

all we need to do is come together and put forward our views to STAR and the directors at the club.....we can do this we can create this atmosphere that backs the boys....im sure if you were to ask them they would approve the idea becsaue it would benefit them and us at the same time....
we would be the 12th man every match...

the best example i know of is fenerbache in the turkish league now if anybody watched the match against chelsea then you will know what i mean when i say they are the 12th man.
they whistle every time the oppostion has the ball and you cann see this makes the visiting team nervous asthey can not concentrate on playing football this fans are the best example
and i am 100% sure we as fans can be like this. it will take time but it can work i promise if i get enough people to support me on this i will put forward the ideas to the chairmen and his directors i will turn up to all of the fan's forum evening and put across my views to the players and everybody else that is there...

now people please support me!!!! i am deadly serious with this i have been saying this for a long time on this forum but nobody wants to do anything it if asif everyone is happy tosit there and just watch the team and not sing or say anything at all..... so peopel please write back to this and support me and we can change the atmosphere and the way the team play without even being in the dressing room at half time.....

peopel that are not intrested and just gonna write shit dont bother

this is to the loyal royals out there that want to do exactly what i want to do back the team 1000000000000000000% no matter what.....

Stuffed Crust Pizza

Re: Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 03 Apr 2008 20:46

I would love to see this be actioned right away! I am willing to lend a hand in setting this 'group' up. Unfortunately certain people will rubbish this thread, we shouldn't be discouraged. I am sure there are other like minded fans out there!

It would be fantastic to see a group of RFC fans singing imaginative songs, in time with one another.

With decent organisation we may be able to emulate the sounds and scenes of the Ultras from the continent (without the violence). I think its about time we 'fans' were proactive about giving our 'little club' the premiership support it deserves.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 03 Apr 2008 21:20

Myself,Madreadingfan and NWL royal are in! when and where

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 03 Apr 2008 21:26

Where? Now thats a very good question! My initial thoughts were to have a group sat in the North Stand (a traditional Kop), however most people have season tickets and the club would be reluctant to move people sitting there already.

I tried to move my season ticket at the start of this year and the club told me it couldn't be done. Therefore its probably gonna be the same story this summer. Therefore we need to get this set up asap to inform the club that we hope for a reserved area of seating.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Apr 2008 21:29

Stuffed Crust Pizza most people have season tickets and the club would be reluctant to move people sitting there already.
Quite right too, I wouldn't want to lose my seat for no good reason.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 03 Apr 2008 21:34

AF1 I'm not reading all that.

+1

Stuffed Crust Pizza Where? Now thats a very good question! My initial thoughts were to have a group sat in the North Stand (a traditional Kop), however most people have season tickets and the club would be reluctant to move people sitting there already.

I tried to move my season ticket at the start of this year and the club told me it couldn't be done. Therefore its probably gonna be the same story this summer. Therefore we need to get this set up asap to inform the club that we hope for a reserved area of seating.

The stand that you can do this in and requires a bit of passion is the South Stand. Buy tickets in a block booking, I'm sure the club will be happy to do this and then sing your hearts out. Eventually others around you will join in also!

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 03 Apr 2008 21:53

Forbury Lion
Stuffed Crust Pizza most people have season tickets and the club would be reluctant to move people sitting there already.
Quite right too, I wouldn't want to lose my seat for no good reason.

Fair comment, and I wouldn't expect the club would move existing season ticket holders against there will.

Therefore it seems that the South stand is the way forward, aptly named after our true home the Southbank (memories). Which would be a decent name for any fan group that is founded.

So how do we move this forward? Perhaps by getting a contact within the club and ask relevant questions, ie. can we move our season ticket seats to a block booked in the South stand?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 Apr 2008 00:03

Firstly I respect the seriousness at which your discussing this, as it's a bit more refreshing than more "let's sing more" threads. However, I do think it's very artificial what your suggesting, not to mention completely unrealistic.

People seem to forget that the club are a business, maybe more so than a football team at times. Support is great, but they are not going to devote time and money to move thousands of fans from one place to another just to get a block of people singing. There is more to it than that, police, security, stadium layout, etc...

Singing, and support comes with time and evolves naturally. Unfortunately, I can't see how Reading can develop it, as they have clearly welcomed families into the stadium, and would prefer families clapping along, rather than hostile skinheads guzzling stella (well fosters) at half time.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 04 Apr 2008 01:51

if you are all existing season ticket holders there is no reason if you get a group of 50 or a hundred people together the club could not try and accomodate you all in the south stand, freeing up seats elsewhere in the stadium

alternatively there is no reason you couldn't block buy say 50seats togeter in the south stand. it would then be your responibility to ensure the seats were used each week.

I don't believe the club would just hold back 50 tickets on the off chance you guys might want the each wek.

I have seen this done at varous places and it is usuallly done around a group of season ticket holders sitting together.

The club would stipulate to any such group that persistant standing is currently an offence and the club currently the club could not allow such a group to stand throughout the game or it could have restrictions placed on its safety certificate by the local authority.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 04 Apr 2008 07:24

Stuffed Crust Pizza
So how do we move this forward? Perhaps by getting a contact within the club and ask relevant questions, ie. can we move our season ticket seats to a block booked in the South stand?

The season is almost over so you have the summer to get as many people involved as possible.

Then you make a few calls to the football club and try to organise block bookings for said group.

It shouldn't be a problem especially if you all have royalty points?

I would suggest as near to the away fans as possible and 3/4's of the way up the stand or the back if preferable.

I tend to prefer to find a seat in Y25 for atmosphere but if this was up and running I'd be more than happy to sit back in the South Stand occasionly and get invoLOLved.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 04 Apr 2008 09:32

ALOL @ another atmosphere thread

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 04 Apr 2008 10:02

Royalshow Myself,Madreadingfan and NWL royal are in! when and where

:lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Apr 2008 10:32

Blue_White_Blood fans that want to win every match and that hate it when we loose

Erm, isn't that everyone?

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 04 Apr 2008 10:38

IN!

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 04 Apr 2008 13:39

I'm in and south stand would be perfect we would be a bit like man city and you have the noisy supporters sitting next to the away fans and singing loudly, when i was at man city they sounded very loud from either side of u!!!

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 04 Apr 2008 14:48

madreadingfan I'm in and south stand would be perfect we would be a bit like man city and you have the noisy supporters sitting next to the away fans and singing loudly, when i was at man city they sounded very loud from either side of u!!!

Or just have it as Y25/Y26..?!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Apr 2008 16:00

Oh what an atmosphere I love a party with a happy atmosphere.

You need people behind the goal, pref North stand that's going to make noise, you need the drummer to fcuk off forever.

But in the present climate both things are totally unfeasible.

STH around the ground that go to away games and make noise, sing new songs etc aren't just going to move ST seats, also the people in the North Stand might not be willing to move away from their seats. In years gone by with smaller crowds it may have been an option. also the Fenerbahce comparison is again totally impossible. Different culture, different rules inside the ground, just not going to happen.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 Apr 2008 16:06

Also remember that whoever agrees with you here are probably 0.1% of the total attendence on a match day. Meaning that there are a hell of a hell of people that wouldn't change a thing on match days. Some of them may well ask for another drummer, or for more "Bring it on" days, maybe more tom hark.

We are very much in the minority.

boycey

by boycey » 04 Apr 2008 16:19

Bring It On
Play my skirts right
Roll over hotdog
jesters hat
Replica shirt
#13 printed on my back
leave 5 mins earlly
moan at people standing