will you renew?

138 posts

if we get relegated will you renew your ST?

yes
60%
no
17%
need time to decide
10%
don`t know
5%
I don`t hold a ST
8%
Im a plastic Im not going anyway
1%

Total votes: 205
Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

will you renew?

by Chaney » 04 May 2008 06:51

I am really in 2 minds whether I will renew my ST if we go down, I have been a holder for as long as I care to remember but I was so pissed off yesterday I walked out of the ground swearing that they could stuff their ST up their arses, however after a night of reflection I can`t yet decide, in my mind I think that if the club don`t give a f*ck with the lack of investment then why the hell should I part with my hard earned money?, but my love for this club will not go away, I have spoken with a few guys from my work who will not be renewing, that with all the plastics crawling back into their holes the attendences could plummet again next year to the 10,000-14,000 mark, its also intersesting to note that Derby-the worst team ever in the premiership- already have 19,000 ST holders for next season

martin fife
Location: standing on the corner watching all the girls go by

Re: will you renew?

by martin fife » 04 May 2008 07:03

I'm off travelling until Christmas so I won't, but if I was staying, yes I would. I hope the club do the decent thing and lower the price. Actually I don't think I will need a half season ticket when I get back, like you I think attendances will go down to 16/18000 next season.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 04 May 2008 08:13

Chaney I its also intersesting to note that Derby-the worst team ever in the premiership- already have 19,000 ST holders for next season

That would be the same Derby that it was possible to see in the Prem this last season for £20 a game, top priced adult ST?
Or £11-74 a game in the far corners, unlike the might RFC who hiked the prices skywards for all fans.

Next season the top price per game as a new or late renewer is £22-17p with cheapest per game ST under £14, maybe if the great thinkers at RFC had the balls to offer the fans something in the last month or so we might have got a vast amount of renewals already, but they decided to wait and see, now they have some real decisions to make, get it wrong and the exodus will be huge, even should we manage the escape many will not renew, and this time I think it is possible that there are not many others wanting to take their place.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 04 May 2008 08:18

I'm gonna renew, I mean, we all love reading right??

Jst pray nxt season's better

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 04 May 2008 09:36

I'll be there every week, many wont though!

Prices will need to be reduced but I bet you we're told that the higher wage bill means ticket prices will be frozen.

In all honesty, I'm falling out of love with the game itself. I may have to start thinking about watching from a distance and saving my money.
I hate everything about the game today. It's full of greed and disloyalty. I don't enjoy it anymore.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 04 May 2008 09:58

Of course I'll renew as will all my mates who've been going for years , I must admit if it wasn't for wanting keep my seat I've had since day one it would be tempting to say bollox and just go when you want as it will be no probs getting a ticket .

How many will renew is an interesting question .....I reckon around 10,000 will renew ?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 04 May 2008 10:00

Coppelled Streets I'll be there every week, many wont though!

Prices will need to be reduced but I bet you we're told that the higher wage bill means ticket prices will be frozen.

In all honesty, I'm falling out of love with the game itself. I may have to start thinking about watching from a distance and saving my money.
I hate everything about the game today. It's full of greed and disloyalty. I don't enjoy it anymore.

Well said Steets , I feel exactly the same , so fed up with money at all costs mentality

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 May 2008 10:15

If JM takes the p*ss again with the pricing I shall use one of his crutches to insert our membership cards up his......... :twisted: :twisted:

'Allow us to compete effectively' :twisted: :twisted:

Gunny Fishcake Of course I'll renew as will all my mates who've been going for years , I must admit if it wasn't for wanting keep my seat I've had since day one it would be tempting to say bollox and just go when you want as it will be no probs getting a ticket .

I can empathise with that too.

But at other times I feel like:

Coppelled Streets I'll be there every week, many wont though!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 May 2008 10:41

Got my first seaosn ticket in 1988, there's no way I'm not going to renew just because we fall off the gravy train. The Premiership is not the be all and end all that it likes to regard itself as and relegation is not the end of the world.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 04 May 2008 10:42

Pissed off, disillusioned, totally unenthusiastic about The Championship, frustrated, anticipating a zero cut in the cost. Will I be renewing?

Sadly, Yes. It's in the genes.

Coppelloadofthat
Location: You can do better than me, but I can't do better than you.

by Coppelloadofthat » 04 May 2008 11:08

Schards#2 Pissed off, disillusioned, totally unenthusiastic about The Championship, frustrated, anticipating a zero cut in the cost. Will I be renewing?

Sadly, Yes. It's in the genes.

What he said!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 May 2008 11:08

The first instinct is not to renew - I have enough points to be pretty sure of being able to get a ticket for every game, and in some ways it'd be a relief not to be tied to going to every game by having the ST.

But when it comes to it, dammit, that's my seat, which I choose 10 years ago this month and which is around the group of people I've been sat with for nearly every match for 10 years.

So yes, I'll renew, and I'll hate myself as I hand over the money - but there's really no option not to unless something cataclysmic and life-changing happens.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 04 May 2008 11:23

If we survive - No

If we're relegated - Yes

Touchwood I'm moving to Leeds September/October so travelling back down will still be expensive, but with the Championship you get 4 extra games and prices may be reduced with a "spin off" deal should we get promoted at the 1st attempt.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 04 May 2008 11:25

Yes.

to be frank I'd rather watch championship football, where anything can happen, than watch boring games against the big 4, when you go into the match thinking if we play really well we might get a draw.

As for Derby selling 19000 tickets - yes it's impressive, but Derby are a considerably bigger club than Reading, and it has to be said, they've had longer to sell season tickets for next year than most.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 May 2008 11:55

The fact that anyone who is a season ticket holder has to even think before renewing upsets me........

I love this club.............that is all that matters to me

Whether we are playing Man Utd, or Burnley.....i will be there

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 04 May 2008 11:58

I will not be buying a season ticket next year, and in fact I won't go to a single game next year, home or away.

(Then again, I will be living in South America when next season kicks off)

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 04 May 2008 13:12

na i reckon if we get relegated we would have around 16 000 ST holders
I will be renewing mine and watching reading every week no matter what division we are in.

reading98

by reading98 » 04 May 2008 18:04

I will be renewing my season ticket yes it aint been a great season and it does make my blood boil when I think that this whole situation could of been avoided but I love this club.

I hope they think about reducing the prices but I will still buy one, as I cant be dealing with the hassle of going to buy a ticket every time we have a game.

I got my first season ticket when we were relegated from the old Div 1 so I know there is life after relegation.

COME ON URZ!!!! lets come back stronger next year and thank god the plastics will dispear

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 04 May 2008 18:54

Made the decision not to renew some time ago. Nothing to do with the quality of the football. Having said that, It's made the decision a darned sight easier to come to terms with.

66DD

by 66DD » 04 May 2008 19:36

Yes without a doubt - Reading til I die

138 posts