Will You Be Renewing Your Season Ticket Before 3rd Of April?

146 posts

Will You Be Renewing Your Season Ticket Before The 3rd Of April?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 113
Whistle

Re: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Ticket Before 3rd Of April?

by Whistle » 22 Mar 2009 16:01

Schards#2 Can't remember the last time I was entertained at the Mad Stad.

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years but am struggling to see the point.

It's not enjoyable.
I could go to any game I wanted anyway, many in a decent seat.
It's probably just as cheap to pay by game when all the special offers are added up.
I've got enough points to go to any away game I want.
It doesn't cost me money to miss games I can't get to.

So i'm wondering what's the point?

I agree with all of that but I'll be renewing cos it's called support - even though I might opt out of the likes of dreary mid-table, midweekers v Peterboooro, Sciunthorpe, Southampton ...

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Mar 2009 18:06

Whistle
Schards#2 Can't remember the last time I was entertained at the Mad Stad.

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years but am struggling to see the point.

It's not enjoyable.
I could go to any game I wanted anyway, many in a decent seat.
It's probably just as cheap to pay by game when all the special offers are added up.
I've got enough points to go to any away game I want.
It doesn't cost me money to miss games I can't get to.

So i'm wondering what's the point?

I agree with all of that but I'll be renewing cos it's called support - even though I might opt out of the likes of dreary mid-table, midweekers v Peterboooro, Sciunthorpe, Southampton ...

Yep - part of being a supporter is enduring the utter crap perfromances so you can appreciate the good ones when they come along. Otherwise you might as well just go off and be a Big 4 supporter. (Not a dig at Schards, BTW!)

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 22 Mar 2009 18:58

handbags_harris
MeMeMe I for one am disgusted that the clucb has given me one and a bit weeks (received my letter yesterday) to renew "at this years prices". Quite obviously they dont have much confidence in getting promoted and so anticipate a reduction in ticket sales in these times of 'credit crunch' and job losses. The other view, the one the club will want you to take, is..."Gosh I can watch Prem football for this years money".

So why the snap decision by the club then ?. Well for me if they were confident of being promoted, season ticket sales would not be an issue and they would not have made this "offer", just hiked prices next year.

A poor PR excercise by the club. After two seasons of seeing our best players sold for millions and cheap replacements come in, this kind offer annoys me. Having held a season ticket since 1994, I will now seriously consider my position if we stay down and won't be taking up their 'offer'.

Jesus Christ, the offer was announced on March 10th. If you didn't know the ST price offer up until now, where have you been?! Since the offer was announced on March 10th you have been able to either go to the club and buy in person, buy online, buy over the phone, or buy utilising the credit offer. What more did you want, someone knocking on your door informing you personally? This is the 21st century, there are other ways than snail mail to gain information! And I know for a fact that it wasn't a snap decision at all, next year's prices have been discussed since at least January.

Is MeMeMe going to stretch to a second post to respond to this excellent reply?

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 22 Mar 2009 21:54

Yep,I will reply to that most excellent post. As I said,I received my leaflet from the club through the post on saturday,which by all accounts was March 21st :roll: :roll: . So where exactly was this information made available on March 10. Even so, for a lot of people less than a months notice is far too short.

Luckily money is not an issue for me at present, it's the principle that sticks with me. And before someone shouts "fair weather support"... as I said, I have held a season ticket for many years, endured Tommy Burns and Terry Bullivant era's... Pants Day... and lots of other dismal displays but still renewed my season ticket. Of course there have been some great times but things have changed now,it's more about business than football and the "Credit Crunch" financial situation is making people think more carefully about how they spend their money. When I tally up the cost of a 90 mile round trip to a home game, season ticket and parking costs, missed games through work & family commitments, the clubs investment in the team,PR excercises like this one....... it's time to seriously consider instead of just blindly renewing.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 22 Mar 2009 21:57

LOL.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Mar 2009 22:09

Why yes, hell, why not?

working class hero

by working class hero » 22 Mar 2009 22:42

Wolves offer a kids ST for £23 - regardless of division.
Sunderland offer same for £19.

RFC offer to freeze prices..... wow. :roll:

There are many families with 2 adults and 1 or more kids. At this time it would be good to see some real initiative from RFC. When will the Club stop milking the fans?
Anyone else remember when young royals membership came free with a kids ST?
Or the Young Royals coach offered a free match ticket?
Or a mascot price was about £120 and came with a full kit thrown in?

Sooner or later RFC will have a bad season and far from finding loyalty it will be deserted in droves.

Loyalty cuts both ways.....

I reckon if I only had to pay for 1 ticket I might be reasonably satisfied. But paying for 5 and seeing the offers elsewhere I am mighty tempted to not renew.

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 23 Mar 2009 08:12

Royal Lady Of course I'm not paying for all of them, but the point remains that my extended family have a vast number of STs and have had for the past 25 years and it's getting to the point now, despite a price freeze, that we're starting to question whether it's worth it again this year.

You dont have to go.
You may well appreciate a year out - most of us have done it, or will do it.

Buy something nice with the 400 quid, and see what else you can get up to at the weekends.
Either way, moaning about it is neither shitting, nor getting off the pot.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Mar 2009 10:29

working class hero Wolves offer a kids ST for £23 - regardless of division.

or Wolves had a £23 under 12s season ticket available in the family enclosure (I don't know the rules for this) but not any more, a summer ST (presumably up until some cut off date or other) is £50 in the same area, but that only applies for Championship football

Of course the price I can compare is an adult season ticket, mine will be £425 when I renew before April 3rd, if I was a wolves fan (heaven forbid) I could have got a fmaily enclosure ST for £410 next year or even a bargain £370 if I sit with Stan Cullis or Jack Harris, whoever they might be. All other early bird prices (no longer available) are higher than my £425. the summer version even more so and again those prices would be for Championship footy.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/Season/0,,10307~1053547,00.html

All the prices are on the link above if yu want to check just how good we have it. I'm not sure and can't be bothered to check but I'd guess that the bargain Sunderland tickets of which you speak are similarly hard to find

Whistle

by Whistle » 23 Mar 2009 11:52

MeMeMe Yep,I will reply to that most excellent post. As I said,I received my leaflet from the club through the post on saturday,which by all accounts was March 21st :roll: :roll: . So where exactly was this information made available on March 10. Even so, for a lot of people less than a months notice is far too short.

You must be down the end of the alphabet. My leaflet came so many days after the announcement that I thought it must be lost in the post.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 23 Mar 2009 12:04

MeMeMe Yep,I will reply to that most excellent post. As I said,I received my leaflet from the club through the post on saturday,which by all accounts was March 21st :roll: :roll: . So where exactly was this information made available on March 10. Even so, for a lot of people less than a months notice is far too short.

The official website...on here...local press...oh and if you went to the game last Saturday it was mentioned on the PA and also featured in the programme... :roll:

Totally agree, that is shockingly bad advertising by the club.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 23 Mar 2009 12:29

I can't make up my mind at the moment. I probably will, but cash is short at the moment.

I can't really understand, though, why the club is being criticised for this. Sure the kids prices aren't great - but it's ever been thus here. The club are unlikely to reduce prices next season, even if we don't go up - & are quite likely to put them up (probably by a lot) if we do get promoted.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 23 Mar 2009 12:42

Royal Lady How many of you that have already renewed or planning to renew are buying more than one ticket though??

Did it Friday, family of 4 £1200 :(

Used the Barclaycard Football Card (and subsequently locked it away to prevent any accidental spending on it) which I can pay off interest free over the year.

http://www.barclaycardfootball.co.uk/ca ... /index.php

As much as it bugs me that we have to secure our seats a month or more before the end of the season not renewing really isn't an option. Rain or shine.

Yours,

A Mug

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 23 Mar 2009 12:55

Have to be 21+ to get that Barclaycard mind :|

Skyline

by Skyline » 23 Mar 2009 13:19

That Friday Feeling As much as it bugs me that we have to secure our seats a month or more before the end of the season

No you don't. Only if you want the offer price do you need to renew by 3rd April.

Otherwise it'll be renewals as normal.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 23 Mar 2009 17:40

I will be renewing - but won't be able to scrape the funds together before the deadline. I found it a bit annoying that the club think that all season ticket holders are able to come up with the funds in under a months notice! :cry: Sniff!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Mar 2009 19:51

I will renew but I don't have the dosh to get one now. Plus I am sure we will be in the Championship next year so I can't see them putting it up.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 23 Mar 2009 20:58

Already done, so YES

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 23 Mar 2009 21:15

I expected this poll to be an easy win for the renewers, but im shocked.

60% meaans that out of the 12000 people who renewed last year, only 7500 will renew this year.

Obviously this poll doesnt count for the whole of the Reading fans. But still.

Push on for 3 pages 8)

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 23 Mar 2009 21:48

Turns8

The official website...on here...local press...oh and if you went to the game last Saturday it was mentioned on the PA and also featured in the programme... :roll:

Totally agree, that is shockingly bad advertising by the club.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

Mmmm,don't use the official website very often at all, it was blurted over the PA was it...missed that, my local press isn't the Reading Evening Post or whatever, don't buy a programme either....so.... marketing is about capturing your audiences attention and getting them to absorb the message. All the methods you mention are subject to a high risk of 'miss'....post is direct to your home, addressed to you... almost sure fire 'hit'. Not shocking advertising, just ill thought out ! :roll:

146 posts