Hob Nob Legend

Re: Family Club of the Year

by Ian Royal » 15 Mar 2010 14:28

Excellent.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 15 Mar 2010 14:40

It's what Annie Bassett would have wanted.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 15 Mar 2010 14:41

I take my kids every week. Both season ticket holders. I do appreciate the friendly atmosphere (in the west) and though they're a bit old for Kingsley and all that guff he was a welcome distraction when I first took them.

However it baffles me why we have to pay a further tenner for "Young Royals" and any club that charges £250 for the "mascot package" should be ineligible for this award.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Mar 2010 15:57

floyd__streete Well done RFC. Particularly as this is really going to upset some people :lol:

very much 'greed :lol:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 15 Mar 2010 20:02

I have to admit that RFC turning the whole stadium into a family enclosure has caused me no end of bother.

If people have children at football then they should sit in the designated family enclosure, pre smoking ban would you have sat in a smoking section of a restaurant and complained about smokers?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 15 Mar 2010 20:12

It's listening to the high pitched screaming and taunting that makes my ears bleed.
Somehow a 12 year old swearing and taunting the away support doesn't sound quite right. :lol:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Mar 2010 20:29

Big Foot I have to admit that RFC turning the whole stadium into a family enclosure has caused me no end of bother.

If people have children at football then they should sit in the designated family enclosure, pre smoking ban would you have sat in a smoking section of a restaurant and complained about smokers?

The younger ones are the future and indeed lifeblood for this club.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Mar 2010 22:24

Big Foot I have to admit that RFC turning the whole stadium into a family enclosure has caused me no end of bother.

It's a Football League directive that every club has a family area, but they don't actually recommend that the whole ground be designated a family area.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 16 Mar 2010 03:14

I believe the children are the future teach them well and let then lead the way.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Mar 2010 08:43

That Friday Feeling However it baffles me why we have to pay a further tenner for "Young Royals" and any club that charges £250 for the "mascot package" should be ineligible for this award.

Young Royals isanextra"club" that you don't have to join and for £10 it does offer decent value.

As for the "mascot package" - I think it is quite reasonably priced when compared to other clubs. It is certainly not out of line with what other clubs charge. Whether or not you think it is good value is another issue (personally I don't, and I don't need the 4 match tickets you get with it).

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 16 Mar 2010 08:50

Remember though it's about the kids. :| They do not appreciate the cost, just the experience.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 16 Mar 2010 09:29

Didn't Wolves win this last year?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Mar 2010 09:57

According to Sara Jacob this morning, part of the reason they've won this award is because they have curbed swearing at matches. If someone is upset by any language from another supporter, if they tell the club, the club, together with "intelligence officers" and stewards will work to find out who it is and send them a letter. Or something.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 16 Mar 2010 11:57

Royal Lady Sara Jacob

fap fap fap fap.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Mar 2010 12:02

Royal Lady According to Sara Jacob this morning, part of the reason they've won this award is because they have curbed swearing at matches. If someone is upset by any language from another supporter, if they tell the club, the club, together with "intelligence officers" and stewards will work to find out who it is and send them a letter. Or something.

Curbed swearing?!? That is ghey.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 16 Mar 2010 12:02

Royal Lady According to Sara Jacob this morning, part of the reason they've won this award is because they have curbed swearing at matches. If someone is upset by any language from another supporter, if they tell the club, the club, together with "intelligence officers" and stewards will work to find out who it is and send them a letter. Or something.

Just lip service then.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 16 Mar 2010 13:18

oxf*rd off

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 16 Mar 2010 13:26

Mentioned here too http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6-45 ... ilies.html

As an almost-teen I was part of the first junior presentation at the Mad Stad when it opened at half time v Burnley. I was aware of my local side before then but hadn't been to a game but it was that experience that kept me going back since. I don't really know what it is like for families now as an adult male without kids but I do think it is good to have things to make children feel part of the club. A family-specific section might be preferable rather than clamping down on swearing, cos let's face it, swear words are hardly evil! I think most people would expect to hear it at football and have considered it before taking their children so I don't see that as too big a problem. It is phobic comments that we could do with out but not really heard much at Reading anyway (unless i'm too engrossed in the game to notice!)

228 posts