England - the future....

3527 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: England - the future....

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Mar 2023 21:15

Good god Dion....Grealish world class...really? Set the bar a bit low.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Mar 2023 21:31

Yet again Southgate showing he never ever learns a damn thing.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Mar 2023 21:32

The English Robbie Savage,Connor Gallagher,enters the arena. How the hell is he in the squad?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Mar 2023 22:06

We got lucky tonight.

A win is a win, but it was despite not because of Southgate. An excellent man manager, good at setting a team up, abysmal at in game management.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Mar 2023 10:47

Add Dion Dublin to the list of inane co-commentators and is in the same league as Jenas.
All that Jack this, Harry that stuff and to call that Grealish open goal miss as difficult was just nonsense.

A good performance in the first half with some good passing movements as well as the usual "put it in the mixer" which ironically produced both goals.
Unfortunately the team was doing a Reading and time wasting even in the first half and players were rightly booked as was Luke Shaw for his clumsy challenge.

No doubt we will now hear that we are going on to win the Euros and then the World Cup but for once I enjoyed watching England in that first half.
BTW , amongst other odd substitutions, why bring on the right-back Trippier to play at left-back when a genuine left-back in Chilwell was on the bench and why wait so long to replace Bellingham who had been struggling for some time with his already strapped knee?

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 24 Mar 2023 12:42

Don't know why Channel 4 binned off Graeme Le Saux, he was a far better co-commentator than Dublin. Don't hate him on MOTD2 as a pundit for the shit games, but he just adds nothing to a live match. Still baffled why they've stuck with Jules Breach, she was never that great on BT.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Mar 2023 16:41

Agreed, Dublin was abysmal last night.

Waffles on and on, without saying a damn thing of consequence, and most of it utter crap. How the hell he's managed to pick up the various gigs he has is beyond me.

For some reason C4 didn't review the Grealish miss (while I was watching anyway) but a replay at the time suggested to me that it may have bounced up much higer than expected so that he hit it with his upper calf / knee, in which case just about forgivable.

I might be wrong on that but Dion, no, Grealish is NOT world class you muppet.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Mar 2023 21:13

Royal Rother We got lucky tonight.

A win is a win, but it was despite not because of Southgate. An excellent man manager, good at setting a team up, abysmal at in game management.

Yup, good summary. I don't think he wil ever change either.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 May 2023 15:07

This is a blow. Folarin Balogun has formally pledged his international future to the USA. Balogun is 21 years old and has 19 Ligue 1 goals for Reims this season - as well as seven goals in 13 games for England under 21s - but has been overlooked thus far by Southgate.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 May 2023 15:36

Sanguine This is a blow. Folarin Balogun has formally pledged his international future to the USA. Balogun is 21 years old and has 19 Ligue 1 goals for Reims this season - as well as seven goals in 13 games for England under 21s - but has been overlooked thus far by Southgate.

Can't blame him, Southgate doesn't seem too interested in Tomori either which I don't really understand.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 May 2023 15:49

NathStPaul
Sanguine This is a blow. Folarin Balogun has formally pledged his international future to the USA. Balogun is 21 years old and has 19 Ligue 1 goals for Reims this season - as well as seven goals in 13 games for England under 21s - but has been overlooked thus far by Southgate.

Can't blame him, Southgate doesn't seem too interested in Tomori either which I don't really understand.

I do think with Balogun there's an element of him still being unproven, albeit it seems with a high ceiling. It's only a season since he had no impact at Middlesbrough. But also can't blame him for taking an opportunity with a good young USA side.

Musiala was a bigger loss, imho.

Agreed on Tomori, albeit it is Milan's defensive record this season that has stopped them making much of a defence of their title.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 May 2023 15:51

Sanguine
NathStPaul

I do think with Balogun there's an element of him still being unproven, albeit it seems with a high ceiling. It's only a season since he had no impact at Middlesbrough. But also can't blame him for taking an opportunity with a good young USA side.

Musiala was a bigger loss, imho.

Agreed on Tomori, albeit it is Milan's defensive record this season that has stopped them making much of a defence of their title.

Agree RE: Milan's season, they do not look defensively solid on paper. Can't help thinking he is a far better option than a Coady or Harry Maguire though.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 May 2023 14:47

England squad announced for Euro qualifiers against Macedonia and Malta. No real surprises. Sterling misses out, TAA and Dunk back, and a first call up for Eberechi Eze, who at 24 might start glancing Nigeria's way if Southgate doesn't cap him soon.

If Olise continues his progress, he'll have a choice soon too, with France in the mix as well, and he has played for their Under 21s.

Not sure what Conor Gallacher is doing to deserve keep getting picked.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2023 15:01

Sanguine England squad announced for Euro qualifiers against Macedonia and Malta. No real surprises. Sterling misses out, TAA and Dunk back, and a first call up for Eberechi Eze, who at 24 might start glancing Nigeria's way if Southgate doesn't cap him soon.

If Olise continues his progress, he'll have a choice soon too, with France in the mix as well, and he has played for their Under 21s.

Is Marc Guehi in the squad?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 May 2023 15:09

Sutekh
Sanguine England squad announced for Euro qualifiers against Macedonia and Malta. No real surprises. Sterling misses out, TAA and Dunk back, and a first call up for Eberechi Eze, who at 24 might start glancing Nigeria's way if Southgate doesn't cap him soon.

Yes.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 May 2023 15:24

Has he not already verbally confirmed for France? Might be wrong but I am sure I have seen him say something along those lines.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2023 15:35

NathStPaul

Has he not already verbally confirmed for France? Might be wrong but I am sure I have seen him say something along those lines.

Can't recall him actually stating anything but as he's obviously ambitious to win things so I imagine he's happier to represent France (at least currently) and he's subsequently turned out 4 times for their U21s in the last year or so.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2023 15:36

Hendo
Sutekh

Yes.

That's good, actually quite rate Guehi - I suppose Tomori is still getting ignored?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 24 May 2023 17:16

Don't get why kanes been picked when he was directly responsible for completely ruining our world cup chances

Missing a penalty that bad in my team = dropped

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 May 2023 13:01

Great to see Mings is back in the squad :roll:

3527 posts