England - the future....

3567 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: England - the future....

by URZZZZ » 13 Jul 2021 08:26

Wonder if there’ll be any legal opportunities for Savills if he turns out to be innocent

I see a couple of companies have dropped links with them since the allegation

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Jul 2021 08:43

Back to the football, sort of. Big fan of Jonathan Liew - this piece is tremendous. About the buzz and fervour and 'menace' of final day.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -ugly-side

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 13 Jul 2021 10:31

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Sounds like complete bull to me. You'd hack an account to post racist abuse? Don't think so.

Like you say Twitter can easily resolve this, they can see where and on what devices the account was logged into. In all honesty they could have resolved it already, shouldn't take them 48 hours.

They can't publically. It would be a breach of GDPR to release info about his account.

Oh I didn't mean release it to the average Joe, meant more the authorities. All we will hear is the statement from the police and employer I would imagine. If it is proven he has logged in from a previously used device using his usual password that should be all the police really need to take action.

If Twitter have the ability to do that, then why don't they ascertain the IP's of all the illegal stuff and then simply block all tweets from those IP's and devices? If individuals can be identified from the IP address, then pass the details to the Police - GDPR isn't a defence against illegality.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jul 2021 12:00

Think our bid for 2030 WC should be withdrawn, absolute waste of time, the organisers would only need to look at news clips of ticketless fans forcing their way in and the disgusting trashing of Leicester square to throw it out without a second thought.

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=2mwguk
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 13 Jul 2021 12:07, edited 1 time in total.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jul 2021 12:03

windermereROYAL think our bid for 2030 WC should be withdrawn, absolute waste of time, the organisers would only need to look at news clips of ticketless fans forcing their way in and the disgusting trashing of Leicester square to throw it out without a second thought.

Fairly certain this happens in many places during the hosting of a major tournament. Agree it isn't a good look for us but we are by no means alone when it comes to bad behaviour.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jul 2021 12:29

The thought of hosting a major tournament used to excite me but I'm not sure I want it after this weekend. At least overseas we can force the known hooligans and thugs to stay at home.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jul 2021 12:33

WestYorksRoyal The thought of hosting a major tournament used to excite me but I'm not sure I want it after this weekend. At least overseas we can force the known hooligans and thugs to stay at home.

Hoping lessons will be learnt by 2030. Whilst the blame for the events outside Wembley are the sole responsibility of the idiots doing it, I am very unahppy with the levels of policing and contingency planning. Wembley should have had a ring of steel around it and a huge police presence in place. Also ridiculous to have fan parks so close to the stadium in which ticketless fans could get pissed up in all day. If you have to have them then have them well away from the stadiums.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 13 Jul 2021 12:48

windermereROYAL Think our bid for 2030 WC should be withdrawn, absolute waste of time, the organisers would only need to look at news clips of ticketless fans forcing their way in and the disgusting trashing of Leicester square to throw it out without a second thought.

agreed

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 13 Jul 2021 12:48

NathStPaul
WestYorksRoyal The thought of hosting a major tournament used to excite me but I'm not sure I want it after this weekend. At least overseas we can force the known hooligans and thugs to stay at home.

Hoping lessons will be learnt by 2030. Whilst the blame for the events outside Wembley are the sole responsibility of the idiots doing it, I am very unahppy with the levels of policing and contingency planning. Wembley should have had a ring of steel around it and a huge police presence in place. Also ridiculous to have fan parks so close to the stadium in which ticketless fans could get pissed up in all day. If you have to have them then have them well away from the stadiums.

agreeed

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jul 2021 13:44

genome BBC won the ratings battle by 25,000,000 to ITV's 6,000,000 :lol:

Given the BBC’s record in reporting that’s probably because England won the Euros on their channel.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Jul 2021 14:40

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Jul 2021 15:35

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Jul 2021 16:04

NathStPaul

Yep, the most shocking bit of the footage for me was seeing stewards, and very few of them too, getting flattened by rampaging England fans. The police presence looked to be tiny. Awful planning.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jul 2021 16:51

Royal Rother Decent analysis from Sky.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... obal-en-GB

Comparisons with 2018 against Croatia are valid, but there's a difference. In 2018 nobody could see how we'd ever be close to competing with midfields of Croatia's quality; it looked like a weakness we'd never fix and in 2019 we were trying the likes of Harry Winks as a solution.

That's not the case any more. We have top class midfield option, and I'm hopeful Bellingham will be the best yet by 2022.

This squad has no weaknesses, and we just need to improve how we approach certain matches and respond to difficult situations. We need to know when to take risks and push for 2nd and 3rd goals to finish games, and hopefully Southgate will take that lesson away.

I'm not going to make bold predictions about winning in 2022; major tournaments are tough and always have 4 or 5 feasible winners at the start. But we will be one of the contenders and will give anybody there a good game.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Jul 2021 17:37

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Jul 2021 17:54

The most disappointing element of the whole tournament is, sadly, the aftermath.

We weren’t great in the group but we won it.
We were reflectively efficient in the round of 16 (reflective in that we did to Germany what they would normally have done to us)
We were outstanding against Ukraine
We were resilient against Denmark despite the early setback
We were ultimately undone by a better team on the day and we may be learning that a little more attack as the best form of defence may serve us well in the future.

As for the aftermath, we’ll no words can describe how humiliating it is to be classified with those racist morons. And as for Pretendi Patel … I’ll never say a bad word about Mingsy ever again.

They (the players and back room staff) should be extremely proud of what they achieved, even if ultimately it was one step beyond. They don’t deserve the madness that has ensued.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jul 2021 18:15

Let us hope that the players affected are treated with more humility and respect when they return to their Premiership club games.
Don’t bet on it....there are morons everywhere.......we”ve all heard them

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Jul 2021 19:19

I was at the final,got tickets from an old workpal. The fans if you can call them that were a oxf*rd disgrace. Pushing, shoving ,drinking vodka in the stands without tickets , somebody tried taking my seat but I snitched on them yet stewarts did oxf*rd all (not that they could nor would), swearing at kids, shouting,breaking in etc

Theres a reason why we are hated with fans like that

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jul 2021 19:20

Generally club football seems to be pretty good, on the whole, with a few isolated incidents. I don't know what it is about England that brings out the utter morons on such a regular basis.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2021 19:52

The stuff at Rashford's mural is so heartwarming as a counter point.

Not only is it now covered with hundreds of messages of support, but just seen a photo of scores of people gathered by it doing the BLM knee.

What a brilliant way to say 'oxf*rd you racists'

3567 posts