England - the future....

3567 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: England - the future....

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Oct 2019 20:33

Looks like most of the problematic ‘fans’ (ironically dressed in black) have left the ground.

4-0 Sterling

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 14 Oct 2019 20:36

AthleticoSpizz Looks like most of the problematic ‘fans’ (ironically dressed in black) have left the ground.

4-0 Sterling

Early beers or home? Let’s hope I was wrong.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Oct 2019 20:38

Almost sounds like UEFA may be able to allow the score to stand if all other measures fail and England walk-off

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Oct 2019 20:40

Our guys have reacted very well. They may not win anything, but you have to feel affection for this England team. Reminds me how I used to feel about Reading.

(Except Mings - he's a pcunt)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Oct 2019 20:44

WestYorksRoyal Our guys have reacted very well. They may not win anything, but you have to feel affection for this England team. Reminds me how I used to feel about Reading.

Mings is a thug but should not have to tolerate racist abuse in this day and age. There remains a big problem in Eastern Europe which is getting worse.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Oct 2019 20:46

Bulgaria has all the feel of the 1970s.
Shit half empty ground with a running track round it.......and Nazis on the terraces. W*nkers.
Not a fan of Gareth Southgate but well done England and him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Oct 2019 20:48

The Bulgarian coach acting like it was no big deal was my favourite bit. There is the issue. The thugs in the crowd need to see a united front and to know from their own countrymen that racism is wrong, he should have been arm in arm with the England players.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Oct 2019 20:48

Zip
WestYorksRoyal Our guys have reacted very well. They may not win anything, but you have to feel affection for this England team. Reminds me how I used to feel about Reading.

Mings is a thug but should not have to tolerate racist abuse in this day and age. There remains a big problem in Eastern Europe which is getting worse.

I wasn't trying to imply that abuse directed his way is justifiable if you read it that way.

They need to ban countries who offend. 3 strikes and out. No Euros or world cup. Obviously the fact it happens at crowds reflects deeper issues in society. It's making a comeback here too; those who hold such views no longer feel embarrassed or ashamed by them.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Oct 2019 20:49

AthleticoSpizz Almost sounds like UEFA may be able to allow the score to stand if all other measures fail and England walk-off

Its ironic that the FIFA representative over there is Italian. I'm not casting aspersions but their record on racism in football is horrendous.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Oct 2019 20:55

WestYorksRoyal
Zip

I wasn't trying to imply that abuse directed his way is justifiable if you read it that way.

They need to ban countries who offend. 3 strikes and out. No Euros or world cup. Obviously the fact it happens at crowds reflects deeper issues in society. It's making a comeback here too; those who hold such views no longer feel embarrassed or ashamed by them.

Agreed. The authorities have to be a lot tougher and that includes in our own back yard.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Oct 2019 20:58

Much better from England tonight.Playing at pace and pressing the opposition. Surprised how poor Bulgaria are.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Oct 2019 21:01

Much as Mings is a thug he hasn’t looked out of place at all.
Playing well, calm and assured on the ball - and so far no thuggery.
Accepting there’s not much to beat tonight

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 14 Oct 2019 21:02

Disgusting scenes today. Absolutely farcical.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Oct 2019 21:05

Zip Much better from England tonight.Playing at pace and pressing the opposition. Surprised how poor Bulgaria are.

Just wondered if they fell to pieces be cause of the goings on. England looked angry and determined and focussed. Bulgaria looked embarrassed and a bit lost and frustrated.
Their players have behaved pretty well. Some east European countries might have had one or two players who might have gone out a bit to make it uncomfortable for England under current circumstances.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Oct 2019 21:07

Franchise FC Much as Mings is a thug he hasn’t looked out of place at all.
Playing well, calm and assured on the ball - and so far no thuggery.
Accepting there’s not much to beat tonight

He's certainly a better option than Keane, then again so am I.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Oct 2019 21:17

Go on Raheem you magnificent gazelle.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Oct 2019 21:18

Old Man Andrews Go on Raheem you magnificent gazelle.

Are you allowed to call him that ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Oct 2019 21:21

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews Go on Raheem you magnificent gazelle.

Are you allowed to call him that ?

Raheem? Yes that's his name. Hth.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Oct 2019 21:43

WestYorksRoyal
Zip

Don't agree with that. The whole nation shouldn't have to suffer on the face of a few idiots

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 14 Oct 2019 21:46

Tyrone Mings, Clive Tyldesley and Ian Wright have all impressed tonight.

3567 posts