England - the future....

3567 posts
Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: England - the future....

by Ark Royal » 01 Apr 2021 11:08

Keep an eye on the Danes. Won all three and yet to concede a goal. I know the coach Albert Cappelas as I worked with him at my club back in the US. An amazing coach deeply into the Cruyff philosophy and legacy left at at Barcelona.. He worked with Guardiola at Barcelona and was an academy director at La Masia. Added defensive steel to the Danes and they shocked the French.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Apr 2021 09:27

Got to say I totally agree with this. Just don't get it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56619800

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Apr 2021 10:35

bcubed Got to say I totally agree with this. Just don't get it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56619800

He has been really poor in a team that hasn't played very well

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Apr 2021 12:58

Plus, games against Sam Marino, Albania and Poland were a good opportunity for the backup right backs to get some decent competitive minutes without TAA taking up a place in the squad.

I’m sure he’ll be in the squad for the euros and will probably start.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Apr 2021 13:07

Hendo Plus, games against Sam Marino, Albania and Poland were a good opportunity for the backup right backs to get some decent competitive minutes without TAA taking up a place in the squad.

I’m sure he’ll be in the squad for the euros and will probably start.

Well I don't agree about Poland but I hope you're right.

You don't stop being quality overnight so there will be something seriously amiss if he isn't in that squad.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Apr 2021 14:27

Lingard continuing to impress - could be a big battle between him and Maddison (who’s fit again) for a place in the squad considering we already have Foden and Grealish who are likely to be in the squad

Even Sancho’s spot - who seemed very likely given his inclusions in the England XI could be in trouble

Although there are(were) talks of increasing the squad size from the normal 23 so that may provide an opportunity for those on the cusp of the squad

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Apr 2021 09:43

URZZZZ Last minute Croatia consolation sends them through at the expense of us - another disappointing campaign overall and it’s hard not to look at it being the end of Boothroyd

Decided to walk away rather than see out the end of his contract.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Apr 2021 01:35

Hendo
URZZZZ Last minute Croatia consolation sends them through at the expense of us - another disappointing campaign overall and it’s hard not to look at it being the end of Boothroyd

Decided to walk away rather than see out the end of his contract.

Think he’ll struggle to get another job

IMO badly failed with what’s a talented group of young players (and on more then one occasion too!)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 May 2021 14:31

Saw the Scottish squad was announced today - with the English one set to be announced on the 25th May

Who's going to get injured this weekend then! Already some reports of Maguire struggling to make it, not sure how much substance there is behind that story - obviously Henderson is on his way back from recovery but hasn't played first team football for a while now - may be a risk including him

Any possible surprises in the squad? Extra 3 players may provide that but I do wonder how many (injuries permitting) if Southgate knows his 26 man squad yet

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 May 2021 14:43

URZZZZ Saw the Scottish squad was announced today - with the English one set to be announced on the 25th May

Who's going to get injured this weekend then! Already some reports of Maguire struggling to make it, not sure how much substance there is behind that story - obviously Henderson is on his way back from recovery but hasn't played first team football for a while now - may be a risk including him

Any possible surprises in the squad? Extra 3 players may provide that but I do wonder how many (injuries permitting) if Southgate knows his 26 man squad yet

Think Ben Godfrey at Everton might get a call up.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 May 2021 18:04

NathStPaul
URZZZZ Saw the Scottish squad was announced today - with the English one set to be announced on the 25th May

Think Ben Godfrey at Everton might get a call up.

As long as it doesn’t include Dier I’ll be happy

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 May 2021 19:20

Rob Holding has impressed me last few times I've seen him play, wouldn't be too unhappy to see him in the squad as defensive cover.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 May 2021 16:11

URZZZZ Who's going to get injured this weekend then! Already some reports of Maguire struggling to make it, not sure how much substance there is behind that story - obviously Henderson is on his way back from recovery but hasn't played first team football for a while now - may be a risk including him

was just thinking about injured players, we usually pin our hopes on them and they can't deliver

Do Henderson & Grealish get in the squad? Would want both in there but experience suggests it rarely works

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 May 2021 00:32

BR0B0T
URZZZZ Who's going to get injured this weekend then! Already some reports of Maguire struggling to make it, not sure how much substance there is behind that story - obviously Henderson is on his way back from recovery but hasn't played first team football for a while now - may be a risk including him

was just thinking about injured players, we usually pin our hopes on them and they can't deliver

Do Henderson & Grealish get in the squad? Would want both in there but experience suggests it rarely works

More so Grealish because at least he’s had a few games since his return from injury. Possibly harder to justify the inclusion of Henderson who hasn’t featured for a few months

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 May 2021 16:14

URZZZZ
BR0B0T

More so Grealish because at least he’s had a few games since his return from injury. Possibly harder to justify the inclusion of Henderson who hasn’t featured for a few months

Henderson is a genuine leader though, and with the 26 man squad he's a risk we can afford.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 May 2021 17:28

WestYorksRoyal
URZZZZ
BR0B0T

Henderson is a genuine leader though, and with the 26 man squad he's a risk we can afford.

You’re possibly right but more thinking along the lines will be a kick in the teeth for any performing CM’s through the season to miss out to someone who hasn’t played for three months

Guess that’s part and parcel of being an international manager though - difficult choices

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 May 2021 00:26

Provisional squad > 26 set to be named tomorrow

Will be trimmed down by Tuesday 2nd June

Don’t think that’s a bad idea

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 May 2021 01:05

This is the time for England to deliver. No excuses. The aim has to be win a major tournament especially with playing games at Wembley. It’s overdue.
I think they have a serious chance this time around.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 May 2021 07:43

URZZZZ Provisional squad > 26 set to be named tomorrow

Will be trimmed down by Tuesday 2nd June

Don’t think that’s a bad idea

Shows Southgate up for what he is, indecisive and not strong enough to make a tough decision. The squad picks itself.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 May 2021 09:19

Thought naming a bigger squad and then trimming it down was par for the course for a big tournament? Happens all the time, doesn't it?

3567 posts