England - the future....

3567 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: England - the future....

by Mr Angry » 21 Jun 2021 11:01

Mings will be in his element against Schick on Tuesday night; a big old fashioned Centre Forward battle is what he would want. Where he will struggle is against nippy, clever players.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Jun 2021 11:01

bcubed
Hendo
bcubed
Kane' s performances at finals never seem that good to me. Be interesting to see some stats.

He misses things for England he would put away in his sleep for Spurs. He does pass well and draws a foul like no one else but it's goals we could do with

He won the golden boot at the last World Cup :|

Oh yeh. He did didn't he? :oops:

I'm going to try to defend my point nevertheless :shock:

2 tap ins 3 penalties and a deflection. QED

What I remember most is a decent chance or 2 spurned against Croatia

Either way he's not the same player for England as he is for Spurs.

He got the tap ins etc. (which is certainly "job done") but he still looked like a shadow of the player we have come to admire so much.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2021 11:56

Does anyone else feel physically broken already? All self inflicted, but I'm starting to think I'm getting too old for this shit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jun 2021 13:10

Pepe the Horseman Does anyone else feel physically broken already? All self inflicted, but I'm starting to think I'm getting too old for this shit.

Nope. Loving it.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 21 Jun 2021 13:13

You just need to get even older Pepe. Then you'll realise we pretty much do the same thing tournament after tournament and resign yourself to it. Then if we do ever win anything it'll be a glorious surprise to saviour.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2021 13:40

It's more to do with going out for the games. By the time I've recovered it's time for the next one. Going to Wembley tomorrow, and chances are I'll still be hungover from Friday.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 21 Jun 2021 13:51

You've only got two more games to get through Pepe!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2021 13:55

6ft Kerplunk You've only got two more games to get through Pepe!

:D

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Jun 2021 16:12

Pepe the Horseman It's more to do with going out for the games. By the time I've recovered it's time for the next one. Going to Wembley tomorrow, and chances are I'll still be hungover from Friday.

Out of interest how did you get tickets? Ballot? Or Hospitality?
How many have you been to?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2021 17:00

bcubed
Pepe the Horseman It's more to do with going out for the games. By the time I've recovered it's time for the next one. Going to Wembley tomorrow, and chances are I'll still be hungover from Friday.

Ballot through UEFA rather than England supporters club. Had these and semi finals, but lost the semi final ones.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Jun 2021 17:21

Pepe the Horseman
bcubed

Ballot through UEFA rather than England supporters club. Had these and semi finals, but lost the semi final ones.

Didn’t realise that was an option. Thought you had to be an England Supporter to get England tickets.

Anyway you’ve done well. I had all 3 group games, semi and final. Got nothing. I’m not bitter or angry either!
Actually I have avoided mentioning it on here (much!) as there was a real danger of me going full Wiz on Covid about this!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2021 17:28

bcubed
Pepe the Horseman
bcubed

Didn’t realise that was an option. Thought you had to be an England Supporter to get England tickets.

Anyway you’ve done well. I had all 3 group games, semi and final. Got nothing. I’m not bitter or angry either!
Actually I have avoided mentioning it on here (much!) as there was a real danger of me going full Wiz on Covid about this!

I think I applied for them before I even knew England would be playing. Just applied for all the Wembley games.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Jun 2021 17:30

Pepe the Horseman
bcubed
Pepe the Horseman Ballot through UEFA rather than England supporters club. Had these and semi finals, but lost the semi final ones.

I think I applied for them before I even knew England would be playing. Just applied for all the Wembley games.

Ah good plan

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 21 Jun 2021 18:17

Chilwell and Mount have to self isolate after coming in contact with Billy Gilmour and won't be able to play in the game against Czech rep (Czechia)

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Jun 2021 18:42

fartdad Chilwell and Mount have to self isolate after coming in contact with Billy Gilmour and won't be able to play in the game against Czech rep (Czechia)

do they isolate for 10 days like us plebs? I calculate that if we win the group then they are available for the 2nd round game but if we are runners up they are not

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2021 18:56

Winston Biscuit
fartdad Chilwell and Mount have to self isolate after coming in contact with Billy Gilmour and won't be able to play in the game against Czech rep (Czechia)

do they isolate for 10 days like us plebs? I calculate that if we win the group then they are available for the 2nd round game but if we are runners up they are not

They're just staying away as a precaution apparently. Surely the whole of the Scotland team have spent more time with Gilmore than those two.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2021 18:57

Posted on the other thread, but if Belgium or Denmark win, we're definitely through (I think).

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Jun 2021 19:22

Winston Biscuit

Every player on the pitch were in and around Gilmour, Steve Clarke embraced him and put his head against the side of his face ffs.

It is high time high profile people laughed in the face of the ridiculous protocols. Test the players prior to the game, if they are negative then they play. Sick of the idiotic, ambiguous rules and guidance.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Jun 2021 21:07

Pepe the Horseman Posted on the other thread, but if Belgium or Denmark win, we're definitely through (I think).

Farrrrk. If we win the group, we get the runners up in the France, Germany, Portugal group.

Come on Hungary ffs.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Jun 2021 21:13

On current evidence I'm not sure it matters who we play in the next round. Southgate will shit the bed regardless.

3567 posts