Re: World Cup 2018

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Oct 2017 18:22

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cmon Moldova now...and Austria

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2017 18:26

bobby1413
Old Man Andrews I gave you the reason why he should go. He clearly cannot motivate the players, he is potentially the worst manager England have ever had. By blindly supporting him you are just part of the problem. Part of me thinks you're joking in order to try and be funny but sadly I think you may be for real.

In terms of a replacement we have to go with someone who is a master motivator and somewhat/very experienced in international football. Their nationality shouldn't matter either, should be best person for the job. I would have a serious go at stealing Chris Coleman from Wales. You can't argue with the job he has done with that side, has to be a good motivator of players.

I couldn't be further from "blindly supporting him". I hate England football and never support them, I didn't watch last night and feel no passion at all for the team.

I respect your views but I ask you, what do you do? Fans like you continually seem to blame managers. At what point do you look at the mega rich, talented stars who are actually ON THE PITCH and start blaming them?

Southgate is the best prospect in my view. Please name an alternative who will suddenly make England exciting, attractive, intense, dominating or at the very least, better.

Like I previously said I think you need a manager of people in there to keep those egos in check. I think tactics are secondary for us, it's the motivation that's missing. The players have to respect the manager and believe in him. What has Southgate done to earn that respect? The players probably see him as a supply teacher type coach who they can take advantage of and put in 70% effort and get away with it. I'm not saying that is right or that the players are blameless, they are as guilty as Southgate is but it's not going to change.

Like I said previously I would have a good look at Chris Coleman if I was at the FA. Look at the job he has done with an average squad of players. Martin O'Neill is worth a shout too. I think he'd do a cracking job for England. I know both of those names are in jobs currently and not English but there are no credible English candidates. That's the saddest thing of all.

double d

by double d » 06 Oct 2017 18:26

I agree with Bobby. England are and have been since 1990 a spineless, gutless awful football team fill with no passion and prime Donna overpaid wannabe galacticos. 1) the invention of the PL has coincides with this downfall. Take the foreigners out the club teams and we are average.
2) our youth systems are an absolute joke. In spain and holland, germany etc their 2nd divisions have youth team's in. Coincidentally they do better then us at tournaments (Holland l8ly not). Our youth systems are a joke, and have been for a long time (recently spurs have seemed to buck this trend but look at chelsea for a prime example. Something like 197 players on loan this reason. Their longest serving player is kalac ffs and he has playef 0 games plus isn't even English
3) where is the pride and passion? The last person I've ever seen bothered in an England shirt was Gazza when he got sent off in 1990 world cup

So no old man Andrew i agree like usual with my gr8 m8 bobby. We could have anybody's as a manager but its the players who are shite. Th manager should not have to motivate them, the pride and shirt should!!!!!!!!

double d

by double d » 06 Oct 2017 18:29

Old Man Andrews
bobby1413
Old Man Andrews I gave you the reason why he should go. He clearly cannot motivate the players, he is potentially the worst manager England have ever had. By blindly supporting him you are just part of the problem. Part of me thinks you're joking in order to try and be funny but sadly I think you may be for real.

In terms of a replacement we have to go with someone who is a master motivator and somewhat/very experienced in international football. Their nationality shouldn't matter either, should be best person for the job. I would have a serious go at stealing Chris Coleman from Wales. You can't argue with the job he has done with that side, has to be a good motivator of players.

I couldn't be further from "blindly supporting him". I hate England football and never support them, I didn't watch last night and feel no passion at all for the team.

I respect your views but I ask you, what do you do? Fans like you continually seem to blame managers. At what point do you look at the mega rich, talented stars who are actually ON THE PITCH and start blaming them?

Southgate is the best prospect in my view. Please name an alternative who will suddenly make England exciting, attractive, intense, dominating or at the very least, better.

Like I previously said I think you need a manager of people in there to keep those egos in check. I think tactics are secondary for us, it's the motivation that's missing. The players have to respect the manager and believe in him. What has Southgate done to earn that respect? The players probably see him as a supply teacher type coach who they can take advantage of and put in 70% effort and get away with it. I'm not saying that is right or that the players are blameless, they are as guilty as Southgate is but it's not going to change.

Like I said previously I would have a good look at Chris Coleman if I was at the FA. Look at the job he has done with an average squad of players. Martin O'Neill is worth a shout too. I think he'd do a cracking job for England. I know both of those names are in jobs currently and not English but there are no credible English candidates. That's the saddest thing of all.

Stop being a troll

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2017 18:31

double d
Old Man Andrews
bobby1413

Stop being a troll

Where have you got that from in anything I've just said?

Now let the adults continue their conversation please.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 06 Oct 2017 19:48

Old Man Andrews have a good look at Chris Coleman if I was at the FA. Look at the job he has done with an average squad of players. Martin O'Neill is worth a shout too. I think he'd do a cracking job for England. I know both of those names are in jobs currently and not English but there are no credible English candidates. That's the saddest thing of all.

If you're serious then this is the issue. Wales do not have an average group of players, they're bloody good players and far better than England, at least in an international setting... if anything, England are a distinctly average and beige team. Culturally I think that is where things have shifted.

Traditionally people have always thought "England====Good team and strong" and that's been the way, at least here and that's why there is so much expecation.

I posted about a year ago saying that people need to reaslise that England are average at best, poor at worst, just nothing really. That is not meant in a bad way, but be realistic. We are sh*te.

You say to look at Coleman, why in god's name would he want to manage England?! That's like suggesting Klopp move to Preston or something, get real.

You're just proving my point really, moaning about the manager with no real answers. He is not the issue, the players are and the culture, and the "club" are. WE aren't good, we aren't set up to be good, we aren't designed to be good. That's all there is to it.

You can change manager 100x and that won't change. You can put pep guardiola in charge, jose mourinhio, klopp, and even Sir Steve Coppell in charge, and they will ALL end up with the same result, tons and tons and TONS of expectation followed by a narrow qualifiaction and a disappointing exit.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 06 Oct 2017 19:58

double d I agree with Bobby. England are and have been since 1990 a spineless, gutless awful football team fill with no passion and prime Donna overpaid wannabe galacticos. 1) the invention of the PL has coincides with this downfall. Take the foreigners out the club teams and we are average.
2) our youth systems are an absolute joke. In spain and holland, germany etc their 2nd divisions have youth team's in. Coincidentally they do better then us at tournaments (Holland l8ly not). Our youth systems are a joke, and have been for a long time (recently spurs have seemed to buck this trend but look at chelsea for a prime example. Something like 197 players on loan this reason. Their longest serving player is kalac ffs and he has playef 0 games plus isn't even English
3) where is the pride and passion? The last person I've ever seen bothered in an England shirt was Gazza when he got sent off in 1990 world cup

So no old man Andrew i agree like usual with my gr8 m8 bobby. We could have anybody's as a manager but its the players who are shite. Th manager should not have to motivate them, the pride and shirt should!!!!!!!!

Gazza got sent off, I think you should stop now double d, you obviously know nothing about football.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 06 Oct 2017 20:05

bobby1413

Bobby, why should you care who is the manager of England. You HATE England football, you NEVER support them, you didn't watch last night and why would you have any passion for a team that you obviously detest?
Why would you care about the players on the pitch?

You and double d make a good match, total drivel talkers.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 06 Oct 2017 20:07

dean horrix legend
double d I agree with Bobby. England are and have been since 1990 a spineless, gutless awful football team fill with no passion and prime Donna overpaid wannabe galacticos. 1) the invention of the PL has coincides with this downfall. Take the foreigners out the club teams and we are average.

Gazza got sent off, I think you should stop now double d, you obviously know nothing about football.

Genuine question but I don't get this

DD said about passion and that Gazz was the last person to exhibit this in 1990. You said he got sent off and he knows nothing about football.

What do you mean, you disagreeing, why? I'm not siding with anyone here, and FTR I think that Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville, etc... were all good and passionate, I just feel England have lost their way.

The annoying thing is that some here (me included) will say ABCXYZ and someone will respond "you konw nothing", but not actually respond to the statement. If you don't agree at least say why.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 06 Oct 2017 20:08

dean horrix legend Bobby, why should you care who is the manager of England. You HATE England football, you NEVER support them, you didn't watch last night and why would you have any passion for a team that you obviously detest?

***Yawn*** as is mentioned in my post just now, another "you know nothing" post. Just because I don't particularly like England, doesn't mean I don't have a valid view or opinion.

You say I'm talking drivel, and yet I'm not actually sure what exactly your issue is.

I'm English but personally have ZERO connection to the England team at present.

Again, if you disagree, say why and what it is you don't like about what I've said.

double d

by double d » 06 Oct 2017 20:09

dean horrix legend

He cried for the team. He sacrifced himself and his final place for us. Butcher and Wright spilled blood and played on. These players are nothing but overpaid prima donnas. You know less about football then my dog.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 06 Oct 2017 20:13

bobby1413
dean horrix legend Bobby, why should you care who is the manager of England. You HATE England football, you NEVER support them, you didn't watch last night and why would you have any passion for a team that you obviously detest?

***Yawn*** as is mentioned in my post just now, another "you know nothing" post. Just because I don't particularly like England, doesn't mean I don't have a valid view or opinion.

You say I'm talking drivel, and yet I'm not actually sure what exactly your issue is.

I'm English but personally have ZERO connection to the England team at present.

Again, if you disagree, say why and what it is you don't like about what I've said.

You take no interest in the England football team, you don't watch them, you don't support them, in your words,"you hate them", where do you get your view on England, as you take no interest in them?

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 06 Oct 2017 20:15

double d
dean horrix legend

He cried for the team. He sacrifced himself and his final place for us. Butcher and Wright spilled blood and played on. These players are nothing but overpaid prima donnas. You know less about football then my dog.

Which match did he get sent off in double d? Enlighten me or should I ask your dog?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 06 Oct 2017 20:19

dean horrix legend You take no interest in the England football team, you don't watch them, you don't support them, in your words,"you hate them", where do you get your view on England, as you take no interest in them?

Oh dean, seriously... are we still going round in this circle? I hate Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea although I bet I still have some valid views on their structure, their management, their team ethic. I bet you do too.

So what in god's name is your point.

I've asked you now about 3 times to actually provide some form of answer and response, all you've done is say "what do you care".

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 06 Oct 2017 20:28

bobby1413
dean horrix legend You take no interest in the England football team, you don't watch them, you don't support them, in your words,"you hate them", where do you get your view on England, as you take no interest in them?

Oh dean, seriously... are we still going round in this circle? I hate Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea although I bet I still have some valid views on their structure, their management, their team ethic. I bet you do too.

So what in god's name is your point.

I've asked you now about 3 times to actually provide some form of answer and response, all you've done is say "what do you care".

I have no real opinion on other teams, I don't take any interest in the Prem unless Reading are in there, it doesn't interest me. How can you have an opinion on something that you haven't seen first hand?

Tell me Bobby, were England rubbish last night? I want YOUR opinion on the game, not something you have read about it, not something somebody has told you. Just how you saw it.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Oct 2017 21:17

Serbia lose to a last minute goal. Top 2 places decided between Serbia, Wales & Ireland all go down to the last match.

Serbia Vs Georgia
Wales Vs Ireland :o

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Oct 2017 21:21

Group I

Iceland put 3 past Turkey away to top the group with only Kosovo left to play at home meaning they should win the group. Croatia or Ukraine to take 2nd place

Ukraine Vs Croatia :o

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 07 Oct 2017 21:02

bobby1413
dean horrix legend

DD said about passion and that Gazz was the last person to exhibit this in 1990. You said he got sent off and he knows nothing about football.

What do you mean, you disagreeing, why? I'm not siding with anyone here, and FTR I think that Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville, etc... were all good and passionate, I just feel England have lost their way.

The annoying thing is that some here (me included) will say ABCXYZ and someone will respond "you konw nothing", but not actually respond to the statement. If you don't agree at least say why.

Have you re-read it all now Bobby? I never said Gazza was sent off, your pal double d did. As I said before, I think he should stop now before he makes a complete fool of himself,

You may want to take the same advice,

double d

by double d » 07 Oct 2017 21:33

dean horrix legend
bobby1413
dean horrix legend

Have you re-read it all now Bobby? I never said Gazza was sent off, your pal double d did. As I said before, I think he should stop now before he makes a complete fool of himself,

Dean horrix legend. Tell me what I said that was so stupid. I said that gazza showed passion for the team, he got sent off and shed tears. Did Beckham show passion when he scored against greece? Yes he did. Did butcher show passion? Bobby moore? Nobby Stiles?

Now what about these overpaid rubbish prima donnas ? None of them care or show passion. They are average footballers who have been found out. We lost to ICELAND FFS!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Would you as a paying supporter who travelled to see Reading accept it if they got humiliated against Oxford City Nomads?

You know nothing about football. If the current stars are representative of England then count me out with bobby. Sir bobbys Moore and robson would be spinning in their graves.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 08 Oct 2017 14:44

double d
dean horrix legend
bobby1413

Dean horrix legend. Tell me what I said that was so stupid. I said that gazza showed passion for the team, he got sent off and shed tears. Did Beckham show passion when he scored against greece? Yes he did. Did butcher show passion? Bobby moore? Nobby Stiles?

Now what about these overpaid rubbish prima donnas ? None of them care or show passion. They are average footballers who have been found out. We lost to ICELAND FFS!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Would you as a paying supporter who travelled to see Reading accept it if they got humiliated against Oxford City Nomads?

You know nothing about football. If the current stars are representative of England then count me out with bobby. Sir bobbys Moore and robson would be spinning in their graves.

I say you know nothing about football because you keep saying (and Bobby backs you up) that Gazza got sent off in the 1990 world cup. He wasn't sent off, he got booked and that booking meant he would miss the World cup final if England won the game, that's what the tears were for and who could blame him.

My point is, if you can't get that simple fact right, I don't think I can take you serious about anything else you have to say.

Oh and I travelled to Wealdstone in December 1977 and watched us get beat 2-1, not the best of days but I got over it.

1412 posts