World Cup Punditry

149 posts
TheSpread

Re: World Cup Punditry

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 14:01

Sanguine
TheSpread Gary Lineker is the host of the BBC World Cup team and Alan Shearer is one of the senior pundits. Given than this thread is about World Cup punditry I would suggest it's relevant.

Why is the diversity of BBC pay relevant?

And it's hardly a surprise Lineker tops the list, is it, being the front man for the BBC's football coverage, year-round?

Mr Lineker likes to virtue signal, so lets see if he has anything to say on the lack of diversity of the top BBC earners. I am pretty sure the BBC could bring in another performing seal on half that wage and could do equally as good, if not better job than Jugs.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Jul 2018 14:02

TheSpread
Mr Lineker likes to virtue signal, so lets see if he has anything to say on the lack of diversity of the top BBC earners. I am pretty sure the BBC could bring in another performing seal on half that wage and could do equally as good, if not better job than Jugs.

Cool. I really like Lineker, fwiw. Pleased you're a convert to women's rights though.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 14:07

Sanguine
TheSpread

Cool. I really like Lineker, fwiw. Pleased you're a convert to women's rights though.

A convert? The BBC as an organisation preaches diversity. It just goes to show how this publicly funded organisation is preposterously hypocritical.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Jul 2018 14:08

TheSpread
Sanguine
TheSpread

A convert? The BBC as an organisation preaches diversity. It just goes to show how this publicly funded organisation is preposterously hypocritical.

Yes, a convert. Or at least, you've not spoken so passionately of this issue before. I'm pleased that 'Jugs' has brought this side out of you, even if it is a strange diversion from the thread about the World Cup.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 14:13

Sanguine
TheSpread
Sanguine

Yes, a convert. Or at least, you've not spoken so passionately of this issue before. I'm pleased that 'Jugs' has brought this side out of you, even if it is a strange diversion from the thread about the World Cup.

I have only made 109 posts. I am not sure I've really had much chance to speak on this issue before given my short existence on this portal.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Jul 2018 14:14

TheSpread
I have only made 109 posts. I am not sure I've really had much chance to speak on this issue before given my short existence on this portal.

csb.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 14:15

Sanguine
TheSpread

csb.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Jul 2018 14:19

TheSpread
Silver Fox Why would being top of a list of BBC earners preclude you from suggesting the list should be more diverse?

Well lets wait and see what Mr Lineker says.

Ooooh, you're one of these types who think "libtard snowflakes" can't have an opinion on anything unless they voice their opinion on all other subjects, however tangentially related.

It's little wonder everyone knows you're Kes

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Jul 2018 14:23

TheSpread
Sanguine
TheSpread

Do you pay your TV licence? If you do then you are complicit in funding the BBC's so called lack of diversity amongst it's top earners.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 14:26

Silver Fox
TheSpread
Silver Fox Why would being top of a list of BBC earners preclude you from suggesting the list should be more diverse?

Well lets wait and see what Mr Lineker says.

Ooooh, you're one of these types who think "libtard snowflakes" can't have an opinion on anything unless they voice their opinion on all other subjects, however tangentially related.

It's little wonder everyone knows you're Kes

Just calling out hypocrisy for what it is Silver Fox. Mr Lineker likes to virtue signal when it suits. That's all I'm highlighting in this instance but I would like to thank you for calling me after that rather wonderful Ken Loach film.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 14:27

Old Man Andrews
TheSpread
Sanguine

Do you pay your TV licence? If you do then you are complicit in funding the BBC's so called lack of diversity amongst it's top earners.

Nobody has a choice in the matter, unless you're over 75, in which case you get your TV licence free.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Jul 2018 14:30

TheSpread
Old Man Andrews
TheSpread

Nobody has a choice in the matter, unless you're over 75, in which case you get your TV licence free.

You do have a choice you oxf*rd idiot. You can choose to not receive live television and declare that to the TV Licensing authority.

Why don't you do that if you feel so strongly your money is being used to fund inequality?

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 14:33

Old Man Andrews
TheSpread
Old Man Andrews

You do have a choice you oxf*rd idiot. You can choose to not receive live television and declare that to the TV Licensing authority.

Why don't you do that if you feel so strongly your money is being used to fund inequality?

But if you want to watch TV, even if you don't watch the BBC at all, you HAVE to acquire a TV licence. I at least think there should be an opt out option for the BBC.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Jul 2018 14:58

How about we give it a rest and concentrate on the discussion on these pages to those about a very good World Cup and a successful campaign by an England team the nation has rightly become proud of over the last few weeks.

Keep the trolling for another day.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 15:04

Hoop Blah How about we give it a rest and concentrate on the discussion on these pages to those about a very good World Cup and a successful campaign by an England team the nation has rightly become proud of over the last few weeks.

Keep the trolling for another day.

Have you seen the title of this thread? There are numerous other more relevant threads to commend the England team and the World cup on.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 11 Jul 2018 15:18

TheSpread Have you seen the title of this thread?

You clearly haven't, gr8m8.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 11 Jul 2018 15:20

Sebastian the Red

World Cup Punditry

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 11 Jul 2018 16:34

TheSpread
Sebastian the Red

World Cup Punditry

What are your thoughts on ex-Liverpool players as pundits ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jul 2018 18:55

Fukk, just realised it’s ITV

Sh1te pundits

Roy Keane...wtf has he got to do with any of it?

Apparently, Sam FM are playing Three Lions on repeat from start to finish of the game...would rather listen to that than these knobends

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jul 2018 20:09

....and good to their word...that’s exactly what they’re doing

149 posts