Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Nations League & Friendlies

by BR0B0T » 06 Jun 2019 22:17

barkLOLey

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Jun 2019 22:26

Both goals reminded me of Stams second season in charge of us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jun 2019 22:31

That was dismal especially Stones. England have the threat going forward but dear God that was a defensive shambles. Stones surely gets dropped after that.

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 06 Jun 2019 22:32

Defensive disaster by England that.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jun 2019 22:32

Ascotexgunner VAR is gonna wreck football.

I don’t agree. It’s just got to be used correctly and with consistency.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jun 2019 22:32

tulip Defensive disaster by England that.

Your boys are back though. No doubt about that.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jun 2019 22:38

Zip That was dismal especially Stones. England have the threat going forward but dear God that was a defensive shambles. Stones surely gets dropped after that.

Couldn’t disagree more to be honest. There’s no threat going forwards, and there hasn’t been for a long long time (how many goals for England in the World Cup were set pieces). I’m still waiting for an England manager to deliver by picking people on merit rather than by name. Oh well

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 06 Jun 2019 22:39

Zip
tulip Defensive disaster by England that.

Your boys are back though. No doubt about that.

Certainly looking much better these days. I have missed seeing them take part in major tournaments the last few years.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jun 2019 22:40

URZZZZ
Zip That was dismal especially Stones. England have the threat going forward but dear God that was a defensive shambles. Stones surely gets dropped after that.

Couldn’t disagree more to be honest. There’s no threat going forwards, and there hasn’t been for a long long time (how many goals for England in the World Cup were set pieces). I’m still waiting for an England manager to deliver by picking people on merit rather than by name. Oh well

:lol: How many goals did England score in the group stages of the Nations League?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Jun 2019 22:43

URZZZZ

how the fcuk is Kane getting into the team ahead of Salah, Mane and Bobby????

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jun 2019 22:44

Zip
URZZZZ

:lol: How many goals did England score in the group stages of the Nations League?

I didn’t watch those, today was the first England game I’ve watched since Croatia actually :lol:

I know we scored a few in those, but every time I watch them it’s slow pedestrian football around the back. We have no winger that will just run at defenders, Sterling does to an extent but not really. Wingers seem to be becoming a forgotten art

I don’t really like international football - that, along with things such as the FA Cup seemed to have died a death

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2019 22:57

URZZZZ I don’t really like international football - that, along with things such as the FA Cup seemed to have died a death

Erm... where were you last summer?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jun 2019 23:04

genome
URZZZZ I don’t really like international football - that, along with things such as the FA Cup seemed to have died a death

Erm... where were you last summer?

I Only managed to watch two games due to work - Belgium and Croatia so my views are distorted. Maybe I’m a bad luck charm :cry:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Jun 2019 23:28

That was really poor and a struggle to watch for the most part. Sloppy, sluggish, not enough quality throughout the pitch. Looked very leggy which is hardly surprising, second to everything and Netherlands deserved winners.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 07 Jun 2019 08:19

Zip

I don’t agree. It’s just got to be used correctly and with consistency.

Maybe but in it's current form it's a disaster. Cricket and rugby gradually made changes to their systems and just about have it right now. I'm not sure football will do likewise.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Jun 2019 08:52

ICH

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Jun 2019 09:58

URZZZZ

Set piece goals do count, you know.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Jun 2019 10:00

So football is wrecked because we had a goal rightly disallowed?

It isn't quick enough yet - where it was used twice in quick succession, on both occasions Sky had shown a replay a full minute before the decision was made. In the case of the handball shout against Chilwell is was immediately obvious the decision was correct.
Last edited by Sanguine on 07 Jun 2019 10:02, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Jun 2019 10:01

URZZZZ

Yeah, I mean players like Jadon Sancho and Declan Rice have been picked based on their names. Not anything to do with them playing exceptionally well for their clubs

521 posts