Euro 2020

2571 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Euro 2020

by morganb » 22 Jun 2021 22:16

Ascotexgunner I thought Henderson's injury was worse and he had pulled out of the squad. Or that's what the radio said last week.

'Keeper Henderson went home last week. Fit again midfielder Henderson still with squad.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jun 2021 22:30

morganb
Ascotexgunner I thought Henderson's injury was worse and he had pulled out of the squad. Or that's what the radio said last week.

'Keeper Henderson went home last week. Fit again midfielder Henderson still with squad.

Ah thank you.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jun 2021 22:34

I, for one, can't wait for a week of people insisting we will get smashed by France/Germany/Portugal and then getting mad when we lose.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jun 2021 22:35

Oooooof Souness giving it the full brutal "Paul Pogba" on Steve Clarke. "We are the only team in this football tournament playing football from a bygone era" comment will go down well with the ex Reading turncoat manager.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Jun 2021 23:19

genome I, for one, can't wait for a week of people insisting we will get smashed by France/Germany/Portugal and then getting mad when we lose.

:lol:

I have a feeling we will be going out next Tuesday but I'm going full ICH for the next week

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2021 07:38

Ascotexgunner Oooooof Souness giving it the full brutal "Paul Pogba" on Steve Clarke. "We are the only team in this football tournament playing football from a bygone era" comment will go down well with the ex Reading turncoat manager.

How is he a turncoat? He didn't leave Reading and was sacked by the club. A bigger club came in for him and he had a conversation with them, lots of managers do it.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2021 07:40

genome I, for one, can't wait for a week of people insisting we will get smashed by France/Germany/Portugal and then getting mad when we lose.

I would prefer Germany of the three of them, think they can be got at defensively. Want to avoid Portugal like the plague should they get through. They will be hurting after their display against the Germans and won't be that bad again. France are just better than us, we'd have to be very lucky.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jun 2021 08:00

NathStPaul

I would prefer Germany of the three of them, think they can be got at defensively. Want to avoid Portugal like the plague should they get through. They will be hurting after their display against the Germans and won't be that bad again. France are just better than us, we'd have to be very lucky.

It'll be France. German win tonight and a draw in the France Portugal game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2021 08:16

Stranded
NathStPaul

It'll be France. German win tonight and a draw in the France Portugal game.

I fancy Ronaldo to beat France, so Portugal.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jun 2021 08:23

Bad memories of Portugal beating us in recent years so don't like the thought of playing them, but France have an embarrassment of riches and would terrify me. Maybe Germany would be the best to face.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Jun 2021 08:32

Winston Biscuit Bad memories of Portugal beating us in recent years so don't like the thought of playing them, but France have an embarrassment of riches and would terrify me. Maybe Germany would be the best to face.

Germany were terrific against Portugal. They tore them apart. It’s Low’s last tournament. He will want to go out on a high. I think Portugal are the team to play.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2021 08:33

Lets not rule out Hungary pulling off the upset.

Ok lets.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jun 2021 08:35

Modric is now Croatia's all time youngest & oldest goalscorer

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jun 2021 08:40

Zip
Winston Biscuit Bad memories of Portugal beating us in recent years so don't like the thought of playing them, but France have an embarrassment of riches and would terrify me. Maybe Germany would be the best to face.

Germany were terrific against Portugal. They tore them apart. It’s Low’s last tournament. He will want to go out on a high. I think Portugal are the team to play.

Germany's left back running at our defence would keep me awake at night

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2021 08:50

Winston Biscuit
Zip

Germany's left back running at our defence would keep me awake at night

Yeah. Gosens a real threat.

I'm not too threatened by France. Their defence looks weak and they aren't taking chances.

Portugal are not the force they once were so be nice to undo their hoodoo on us.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2021 08:56

Really hope Portugal keep Pepe in their side if we play them. The bloke is completely shot, complete charity case.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jun 2021 09:00

Snowflake Royal I'm not too threatened by France. Their defence looks weak and they aren't taking chances

Disagree on their defence. Kimpembe & Varane in the centre are very solid and both are better than our centre backs. Pavard and Hernandez are no mugs either. Kante in the centre who is maybe the best in the world right now at that, goodPogba pushing forward (as opposed to badPogba at Man Utd) and they have the best attack in world football imo.

France haven't wowed so far in this tournament but I don't see a weak area in their team. I can see them really humiliating someone in this tournament.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2021 09:02

Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal I'm not too threatened by France. Their defence looks weak and they aren't taking chances

Disagree on their defence. Kimpembe & Varane in the centre are very solid and both are better than our centre backs. Pavard and Hernandez are no mugs either. Kante in the centre who is maybe the best in the world right now at that, goodPogba pushing forward (as opposed to badPogba at Man Utd) and they have the best attack in world football imo.

France haven't wowed so far in this tournament but I don't see a weak area in their team. I can see them really humiliating someone in this tournament.

Not sure Lloris is anywhere near international level anymore but it is getting to him that is the issue, for the reasons you stated. Not many better defensive units in the tournament.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2021 09:04

Winston Biscuit

Everyone keeps talking about how good they are.

Hungary got at them and so far they've scored from am own goal and a lucky break in the box.

Big fat meh from me. But then I do enjoy the traditional English prejudice.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jun 2021 09:04

NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit

Not sure Lloris is anywhere near international level anymore but it is getting to him that is the issue, for the reasons you stated. Not many better defensive units in the tournament.

ooh good point on Lloris actually, my mind was on outfield players and I didn't think about him. yeah, Lloris would be their only weak area. Even saying weak seems unfair because he is not really that bad at all.

2571 posts