Euro 2020

2571 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Euro 2020

by RG30 » 23 Jun 2021 11:46

NathStPaul
RG30 Tickets purchased for Italy Austria Saturday night 8)

Nice. How much did it set you back?

£45 for a Cat 3 (cheapest). Ironically I had a ticket for the fixture originally (Cat 2) before UEFA cancelled it.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2021 11:48

RG30
NathStPaul
RG30 Tickets purchased for Italy Austria Saturday night 8)

Nice. How much did it set you back?

£45 for a Cat 3 (cheapest). Ironically I had a ticket for the fixture originally (Cat 2) before UEFA cancelled it.

When you consider the National League just charged £31 a ticket for the play off final £45 is decent value for top level football. Good to see UEFA not take the piss.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Jun 2021 12:27

genome Yeah, I'm with Nath on this. There's not a chance in hell the Scots would want us to do well, so I ain't going to extend them the courtesy.

Absolutely.
When asked who they’d want to win a tournament their most oft reply is ‘Anyone but England’

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jun 2021 12:28

NathStPaul But I doubt the Chelsea supporters would go out and buy the home shirt of our opponents if we got through to the next round. Scotland supporters did this prior to our semi final with Croatia in 2018.

:lol: of course all Scotland fans did this and all England fans are absolutely charming to their friends north of the border :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2021 12:31

Silver Fox
NathStPaul But I doubt the Chelsea supporters would go out and buy the home shirt of our opponents if we got through to the next round. Scotland supporters did this prior to our semi final with Croatia in 2018.

:lol: of course all Scotland fans did this and all England fans are absolutely charming to their friends north of the border :lol:

Apologies for the source of the information but pure facts right here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2018 ... l-tonight/

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jun 2021 12:36

Hendo
NathStPaul Speaking of the World Cup, it is unreal that it is only a year and a half away. Even more unreal it will be played at Christmas time, it will be bizarre.

Agreed, when discussing Modric, I looked up his age and was like "oh he's 35, 36 for the next World Cup" but then I looked and he turns 36 in September, so will be 37 when the World Cup is going to be played in winter.

I can't really get my head around it.

Remember when Pirlo tore us a new arsehole aged 37 in 2016 WC

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Jun 2021 13:03

On the Scotland rivalry thing, the same thing applies in Wales. I have lived in North Wales for over 20 years now and my wife is from North Wales. The Celts stick together and love and revel in their underdog status.

It is built in to their DNA to want England to do badly in any sport, most Scots will now support Wales in the remainder of the tournament as a fellow Celtic home nation. The hatred is well balanced with chips on both shoulders.

My wife will not cheer for England but really wanted Scotland to win last night. It is just the way it goes, and part of the irrational make up of rivalries.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Jun 2021 13:31

Greatwesternline
NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit
reflects worse on you than it does on them imo

No it doesn't. Vast majority of Scotland supporters want England to fail, the vast majority of England supporters want Scotland to fail. It is called rivalry.

Very odd behaviour to want your biggest rivals to do well in any sport. Very woke.

I dont really base my football views on how other fans act. I just sort of like to see the teams from the country i'm from do well.

I'd be happy for any of Ireland N Ireland, Wales or Scotland to do well.

Same here, but I still chuckle when Scotland fail.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2021 13:50

NathStPaul
Silver Fox

Facts and a tabloid newspaper mentioned in same “sentence” without the use of the words “ignore”, “forgotten” or “twisted”, never thought I’d see the day!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2021 13:54

Mr Optimist On the Scotland rivalry thing, the same thing applies in Wales. I have lived in North Wales for over 20 years now and my wife is from North Wales. The Celts stick together and love and revel in their underdog status.

It is built in to their DNA to want England to do badly in any sport, most Scots will now support Wales in the remainder of the tournament as a fellow Celtic home nation. The hatred is well balanced with chips on both shoulders.

My wife will not cheer for England but really wanted Scotland to win last night. It is just the way it goes, and part of the irrational make up of rivalries.

Some Welsh people hate the Scots more than the English - World Cup qualifying games for 78 and 86 being the reason.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jun 2021 13:58

Sutekh
NathStPaul
Silver Fox

Facts and a tabloid newspaper mentioned in same “sentence” without the use of the words “ignore”, “forgotten” or “twisted”, never thought I’d see the day!

Yeah obviously I'm not clicking on that link so I'll just have to believe Nath when he says that it tells the story of every Scotland fan buying a Croatia shirt 3 years ago. In fact maybe that was why there a few pockets of Croatian support last night, they were actually Scots still so enraged by England reaching a World Cup semi-final they couldn't bring themselves to turn their backs on their new favourites.

Still, well done for not bringing up Andy Murray's comments

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jun 2021 13:59

Silver Fox
Sutekh
NathStPaul Apologies for the source of the information but pure facts right here.

Yeah obviously I'm not clicking on that link so I'll just have to believe Nath when he says that it tells the story of every Scotland fan buying a Croatia shirt 3 years ago. In fact maybe that was why there a few pockets of Croatian support last night, they were actually Scots still so enraged by England reaching a World Cup semi-final they couldn't bring themselves to turn their backs on their new favourites.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pwned

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2021 14:07

Silver Fox
Sutekh
NathStPaul Apologies for the source of the information but pure facts right here.

The source of the link should have given you some idea to how seriously the article should be taken. The word "facts" being used related to a Sun article is also a clue to my real thoughts on that particular media outlet....

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Jun 2021 14:14

NathStPaul
RG30
NathStPaul Nice. How much did it set you back?

When you consider the National League just charged £31 a ticket for the play off final £45 is decent value for top level football. Good to see UEFA not take the piss.

Well it makes a oxf*rd change

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jun 2021 14:52

I was surprised to find myself in Club Wembley yesterday despite getting the 2nd cheapest category. I think there is more natural space for distancing there, so plenty are being upgraded.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jun 2021 14:56

WestYorksRoyal I was surprised to find myself in Club Wembley yesterday despite getting the 2nd cheapest category. I think there is more natural space for distancing there, so plenty are being upgraded.

Did CW for a NFL game a few years back - I seem to remember the seats being a bit further apart/rows further apart as well.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Jun 2021 15:05

CW is a much better experience imo unless you're a knuckle dragger.

I

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 23 Jun 2021 15:07

Hendo
WestYorksRoyal I was surprised to find myself in Club Wembley yesterday despite getting the 2nd cheapest category. I think there is more natural space for distancing there, so plenty are being upgraded.

Did CW for a NFL game a few years back - I seem to remember the seats being a bit further apart/rows further apart as well.

:|

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jun 2021 15:39

bcubed CW is a much better experience imo unless you're a knuckle dragger.

I

get free tickets for CW I do 8)

(for most things)

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2021 16:56

Let's go Slovakia!!! Dump the dull Spaniards out.

2571 posts