Euro 2020

2571 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Euro 2020

by Zip » 22 Jun 2021 14:14

Stranded
Nameless
Winston Biscuit If 2 teams are tied in the groups on the same points, GD & GS then it goes to best disciplinary record in the 3 group games, and if that is also tied then the team who are ranked higher by UEFA go through

Last night some commentator was going on about the result between the two teams being a factor, so if we finished level with Croatia a team some point the fact that we beat them outs us ahead. Not sure if that is true, or whether iteven makes much difference !
Tonight I assume we would prefer a draw to finish 2nd while Czechs would possibly prefer a defeat to avoid finishing top and playing Germany. Could lead to the classic situation of each team scoring lots of own goals !

Head to head is the first tie break if teams are level on points. It's why the Dutch had already won their group before yesterday's games as they had beaten the only 2 teams who could equal their points tally.

So tonight:

England W: Win group, Czech's 2nd with a Scottish win, 3rd with a Croatia win and a 4 goal swing
Draw: Czech's win group, England second
Czech W: Czech's win group, England 2nd with a Croatia win or 3rd with a Scottish win and a 4 goal swing.

So draw or lose will likely see England 2nd and a trip to Copenhagen but not sure that will be easier as I think that may well mean playing Spain.

Yep agreed. Losing home advantage at Wembley is a biggie. Thrust really need to win tonight,

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jun 2021 14:39

Over 60000 fans for semi finals and final. Hope any unlucky posters on here get their chance for tickets now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jun 2021 14:42

WestYorksRoyal Over 60000 fans for semi finals and final. Hope any unlucky posters on here get their chance for tickets now.

Clearly UKG have either waived them for delegates or are about to announce major changes to quarantine rules ahead of those games.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Jun 2021 15:32

Might have had it already, but Salvatore Sirigu, the Italian substitute keeper, came on in the 89th minute against Wales. Roberto Mancini didn't play a single minute of his home World Cup in 1990, and only ever played in one finals tournament (Euro 88) for Italy, and has apparently resolved that the whole squad will get on the pitch at some point in this tournament. Sirigu was the 25th of Italy's 26 players to see some game time so far (and 21 of them have played at least a half of football).

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 22 Jun 2021 16:38

Stranded
Zip Now confirmed Denmark fans can travel to Amsterdam whilst Welsh fans are banned from doing so. :roll:

Well the Danish government have said they can but nothing official from the Dutch.

And it is under quite strict timelimits as well. The Danish have said, to avoid quarantine they would need to only be in the Netherlands for 12 hours. Given the last flights back to Denmark leave Schipol an hour after the game ends (assuming no ET or Pens) that leaves very few options.

Only realistic way to do it is drive or train to the German/Dutch border, stay in a hotel in Germany cross the border at say 1pm to get to Amsterdam for 3pm - game finishes at 9pm then train/drive/cab back to Germany stay overnight again before driving home. Can't see that happening in massive numbers.

Yes looks like only Danes already in the Netherlands or in Germany realistically can get to the match unless they have a private plane.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jun 2021 17:48

Zip Now confirmed Denmark fans can travel to Amsterdam whilst Welsh fans are banned from doing so. :roll:

Do the Danes have the delta variant running rampant? Because I wouldn't be letting UK fans in if I were Dutch.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Jun 2021 17:55

Snowflake Royal

Do the Danes have the delta variant running rampant? Because I wouldn't be letting UK fans in if I were Dutch.

The Dutch wouldn't have a clue about who has which variant, because they do virtually no genome testing to work out which variant an infected person has; UK does approx 50% genome testing on positive Covid tests, France does 0.7%, Spain does 0%.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jun 2021 17:57

Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal

The Dutch wouldn't have a clue about who has which variant, because they do virtually no genome testing to work out which variant an infected person has; UK does approx 50% genome testing on positive Covid tests, France does 0.7%, Spain does 0%.

I doubt the Dutch are worried about which variants they have in their own country when letting other nationalities in. :roll:

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 22 Jun 2021 18:11

Snowflake Royal

Not that I know of but they have been very careful about closing their borders fast.

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 22 Jun 2021 18:14

Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal

Not true, they are testing a 1000 a week currently and the delta variant is gradually taking hold. Up to 9% of all tests now and most of those are from people returning from holidays in Spain and Portugal.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jun 2021 18:20

Fcuking hell can we stop the COVID chat??? This was the one place where stats and figures didn't need to be dragged up every 10 seconds. Stick to football.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2021 18:20

tulip
Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal Do the Danes have the delta variant running rampant? Because I wouldn't be letting UK fans in if I were Dutch.

Not true, they are testing a 1000 a week currently and the delta variant is gradually taking hold. Up to 9% of all tests now and most of those are from people returning from holidays in Spain and Portugal.

Tulip as a comrade I expect your support here. Please have a word so that we can get some Welsh support into the JC stadium on Saturday.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Jun 2021 18:22

NathStPaul Fcuking hell can we stop the COVID chat??? This was the one place where stats and figures didn't need to be dragged up every 10 seconds. Stick to football.

Top adpfize(r)!

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 22 Jun 2021 18:50

Zip
tulip
Mr Angry

Tulip as a comrade I expect your support here. Please have a word so that we can get some Welsh support into the JC stadium on Saturday.

I think you're going to have to rely on those who are already here (there are some for sure) and in other eu countries on the safe list.
Are there any Welsh in Ireland? They are allowed in.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2021 18:51

tulip
Zip
tulip

I think you're going to have to rely on those who are already here (there are some for sure) and in other eu countries on the safe list.

I trust that as a comrade I can count on your allegiance and support for Wales on Saturday.

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 22 Jun 2021 19:33

It would be a shame if UK government didn’t allow foreign fans for the finals. Least the EU deserves for their COVID bullshit fear mongers. Wanting 10million euros for each AZ jab not delivered. Then try to attack the efficiency of the jab, while promoting vaccine skepticism. Brexit means Brexit

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 22 Jun 2021 19:46

Zip
tulip
Zip

I trust that as a comrade I can count on your allegiance and support for Wales on Saturday.

I could actually get tickets for this game but at a price I'm not willing to pay. The demand is apparently high.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Jun 2021 20:10

Are we being shit on purpose?

Also which thread is best for England games?

This one or 'The future'?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Jun 2021 20:12

YEAJHJJJ GTFIIIII

THIS IS WHAT WE NEED GREALISH AND SAKA

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2021 20:13

Superb from Grealish. Sterling does the rest. A really positive start. Good run forward too from Saka.
Good movement and high tempo stuff at the moment.
Last edited by Zip on 22 Jun 2021 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

2571 posts