World Cup 2022 qualifying begins

410 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: World Cup 2022 qualifying begins

by Hendo » 25 Mar 2022 11:26

Here's another one - Ricky Lambert played in the last World Cup Italy qualified for.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 25 Mar 2022 11:52

Zip
Ascotexgunner Thank f*ck thats over. Ben Davies attempt to make Wales go all Spursey fails.....

I thought you weren’t bothered about Wales qualifying.
Jeez that wasn’t enjoyable and we have to go through it all again but we fully deserved that. Bale was outstanding. Dan James very wasteful.

Would James even be a pro if he wasn't so quick, could've seen you through so much easier. Your only worry will be that Bale's groin is properly knacked and he's out of the next game. How are you going to nurse him through a tournament if you do qualify.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Mar 2022 12:04

6ft Kerplunk
Zip
Ascotexgunner Thank f*ck thats over. Ben Davies attempt to make Wales go all Spursey fails.....

Jeez that wasn’t enjoyable and we have to go through it all again but we fully deserved that. Bale was outstanding. Dan James very wasteful.

Would James even be a pro if he wasn't so quick, could've seen you through so much easier. Your only worry will be that Bale's groin is properly knacked and he's out of the next game. How are you going to nurse him through a tournament if you do qualify.

Just getting there will be the achievement. Anything beyond that will be a bonus.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Mar 2022 08:32

Overnight qualification for Canada - first one since 1986.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Mar 2022 09:28

RG30 Overnight qualification for Canada - first one since 1986.

Hoilett scored as well, which is nice.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Mar 2022 09:49

Pleased for Junior and Bob Lenarduzzzzzzi

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Mar 2022 10:06

Zip
6ft Kerplunk
Zip

Just getting there will be the achievement. Anything beyond that will be a bonus.

Talk in my paper of Bale signing for Cardiff if Wales qualify.
Money is no object having become a multi-millionaire from his Real Madrid earnings and he would play now and again to keep up his match fitness.

He really is committed to playing for his country in a way that Ryan Giggs never was.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Mar 2022 10:08

South Coast Royal
Zip
6ft Kerplunk Would James even be a pro if he wasn't so quick, could've seen you through so much easier. Your only worry will be that Bale's groin is properly knacked and he's out of the next game. How are you going to nurse him through a tournament if you do qualify.

Money is no object having become a multi-millionaire from his Real Madrid earnings and he would play now and again to keep up his match fitness.

He really is committed to playing for his country in a way that Ryan Giggs never was.

Yes he is. Not sure I would want to see him playing in the Championship if Wales did qualify though. Can see him getting injured. Will fret about that if we actually qualify. Plenty of work to do to get to the Finals yet.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Mar 2022 10:19

Zip
South Coast Royal
Zip

Yes he is. Not sure I would want to see him playing in the Championship if Wales did qualify though. Can see him getting injured. Will fret about that if we actually qualify. Plenty of work to do to get to the Finals yet.

I expect Ukraine will be given a bye and the sympathetic feelings for that country in Scotland and Wales will evaporate. :wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Mar 2022 10:21

South Coast Royal
Zip
South Coast Royal

I expect Ukraine will be given a bye and the sympathetic feelings for that country in Scotland and Wales will evaporate. :wink:

Yeah I have seen some say Wales and Scotland should step aside and let Ukraine qualify. It ain’t happening.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Mar 2022 10:23

Not a chance either of Scotland or Wales will give their place up for Ukraine.

Nice to see Canada qualify, it's always good to see some fresher faces in a tournament, even if they don't end up being that good, it gives someone a chance to light up the tournament at least anyway.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Mar 2022 10:49

Why would Scotland and Wales step aside?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 29 Mar 2022 15:27

Hoping Poland do the business tonight but will be a nervous watch. Sweden always seem to have the upper hand on us.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Mar 2022 22:41

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Mar 2022 08:52

Thought all the laser pointer bullshit was over. :roll:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Mar 2022 09:15

It was really pathetic. I think the referee should have done more to put a stop to it, delay the shootout to find the culprits. What a pity for Salah, he deserves to be at the World Cup.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Mar 2022 09:29

That's fcuking awful. The laser pens, that is. The miss is understandable, he couldn't even look at the goal.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Mar 2022 09:57

28 teams now qualified for Qatar.

Hosts - Qatar (1)
Europe - Germany, Denmark, Brazil, France, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, Serbia, England, Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland (13)
Africa - Ghana, Senegal, Tunisia, Morocco, Cameroon (5)
South America - Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay (4)
Asia - Iran, South Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia (4)
Americas - Canada (1)

Still to be decided...

Americas (2) - USA and Mexico likely to join Canada in the finals, unless Costa Rica thrash USA in their final game tonight, or Mexico manage to lose at home to Honduras.
Inter-confederation play-offs (2) - New Zealand and Solomon Islands play for the Oceania qualifying win, and likely face Costa Rica for the chance to reach their the finals. UAE and Australia will play-off for the right to face Peru (5th in South America) for the final place in Qatar.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Mar 2022 10:41

Sanguine

That's fcuking awful. The laser pens, that is. The miss is understandable, he couldn't even look at the goal.

disgraceful

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Mar 2022 11:05

Sanguine 28 teams now qualified for Qatar.

Hosts - Qatar (1)
Europe - Germany, Denmark, Brazil, France, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, Serbia, England, Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland (13)
Africa - Ghana, Senegal, Tunisia, Morocco, Cameroon (5)
South America - Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay (4)
Asia - Iran, South Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia (4)
Americas - Canada (1)

Still to be decided...

Americas (2) - USA and Mexico likely to join Canada in the finals, unless Costa Rica thrash USA in their final game tonight, or Mexico manage to lose at home to Honduras.
Inter-confederation play-offs (2) - New Zealand and Solomon Islands play for the Oceania qualifying win, and likely face Costa Rica for the chance to reach their the finals. UAE and Australia will play-off for the right to face Peru (5th in South America) for the final place in Qatar.

I can't work out how those numbers are right as there's still Scotland, Ukraine or Wales to add to the mix

410 posts