61%
Ian
11%

Total votes: 36
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Is it coming h

by URZZZZ » 01 Jul 2021 00:31

Jackson Corner It’s England we always f...k it up. Ok we beat the 15 th ranked team in the world. The poorest German I have ever seen. We will lose to Ukraine because we are mentally weak and choke under pressure. As long as football is played England will never win a major tournament.

Have you ever written anything positive :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Is it coming home?

by Hendo » 01 Jul 2021 07:20

I don’t believe he has, no.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jul 2021 09:59

My thoughts exactly.

Him Westwood and Rother only crop up to slag off Reading / England

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Jul 2021 10:32

Snowflake Royal My thoughts exactly.

Not sure that’s quite so true for Westwood - it’s his constant wrong spelling of players that gets me more!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Jul 2021 10:40

URZZZZ

Not sure that’s quite so true for Westwood - it’s his constant wrong spelling of players that gets me more!

Did you not see Westwood's review of the England v Germany game? He's either trolling or thick as mince.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Jul 2021 10:53

NathStPaul
URZZZZ

Did you not see Westwood's review of the England v Germany game? He's either trolling or thick as mince.

Didn’t tbf - wasn’t easy to read

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jul 2021 11:06

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal This is the side that looked like they thought they only had to walk on the pitch to beat Scotland, so complacency is possible.

Actually, my view on the Scotland performance was one of absolute terror that they might lose rather than complacency.
Expecting the might of Scotland to prove the pre-game predictions of a derby battle correct rather than playing to our own strengths

That, of course, could be the same for Saturday when we see the might of the 24th rated team to provide the stiffest of tests

All of that means I expect a really dull 1-0 win (please, please, please - well, at least the win bit)

Yeah, this. I don't think there is an ounce of complacency in the squad, Southgate wouldn't suffer it. The players looked stifled by the task against Scotland.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Jul 2021 11:20

You also have to take into consideration the Scots played out of their skin. They had very little to lose and everything to gain and played well above themselves. The rivalry inspired their players but it hurt our players, especially creatively.

Think if we were to play them tomorrow with the confidence of Tuesday behind us it would be a no contest, our players have grown in confidence massively since we played Scotland.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2021 11:21

Complacency, stifled by the task... same problem... not having the gumption to go out and win the 'easy' game.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Jul 2021 11:30

Snowflake Royal Complacency, stifled by the task... same problem... not having the gumption to go out and win the 'easy' game.

At the end of the day, we qualified top of the group, they went out bottom of the group and we won our subsequent knockout game, so it doesn't really matter, does it?

Also, I would say that England are usually pretty good at going out and winning the 'easy' games, seeing as we qualified by winning 7 out of out 8 games for the euros, losing to Czech Rep. who finished 2nd in the group and are currently top of our qualifying group for the World Cup having won all 3 games and only conceded 1 goal.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jul 2021 12:23

Snowflake Royal Complacency, stifled by the task... same problem... not having the gumption to go out and win the 'easy' game.

Are you seriously incapable of accepting you might, just might, not be right all the time ?

Complacency and stifling are so far not the same thing

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2021 12:24

Qualifying and Finals are a different beast. Just pointing out that England haven't won the only Finals game they were really expected to win, because they choked up and didn't drive forward to win. And expectation is that England should beat Ukraine.

I'm certainly not going to go in expecting anything. We need to play well and positively, unlike we did against Scotland.

Ukraine are a good side.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2021 12:25

Franchise FC

Are you seriously incapable of accepting you might, just might, not be right all the time ?

You see it as one thing, I see it as another.. the end result being the same performance.

I'm less interested in the cause than the result. You want it to be stifling, fine,perhaps that's a more accurate description.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 02 Jul 2021 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jul 2021 12:26

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC

You see it as one thing, I see it as another.. the end result being the same performance.

But that isn’t what you were saying at all.
You were very specific that the performance against Scotland was complacency

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Jul 2021 12:28

Stones' header goes in and its a totally different game against Scotland, FTR. Would become much more open game, allowing England to break on Scotland with more regularity.

Snowflake Royal Just pointing out that England haven't won the only Finals game they were really expected to win

Really? You think they were only expected to beat Scotland? You don't think they were expected to beat Czech Rep as well, playing at home? Would say they were probably expected to beat Croatia as well, seeing as they have had a bit of a fall in recent years.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2021 12:44

Hendo Stones' header goes in and its a totally different game against Scotland, FTR. Would become much more open game, allowing England to break on Scotland with more regularity.

Snowflake Royal Just pointing out that England haven't won the only Finals game they were really expected to win

Really? You think they were only expected to beat Scotland? You don't think they were expected to beat Czech Rep as well, playing at home? Would say they were probably expected to beat Croatia as well, seeing as they have had a bit of a fall in recent years.

Favourites and expected, not the same thing. Certainly huge questions at the time over whether England could beat Croatia, and concern about finishing 3rd in the group ahead of Czechs.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 02 Jul 2021 12:56

I did not think England would beat Croatia

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Jul 2021 19:10

Snowflake Royal Qualifying and Finals are a different beast. Just pointing out that England haven't won the only Finals game they were really expected to win, because they choked up and didn't drive forward to win. And expectation is that England should beat Ukraine.

I'm certainly not going to go in expecting anything. We need to play well and positively, unlike we did against Scotland.

Ukraine are a good side.

second-lowest ranked side left in the tournament

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jul 2021 19:12

BR0B0T
Snowflake Royal Qualifying and Finals are a different beast. Just pointing out that England haven't won the only Finals game they were really expected to win, because they choked up and didn't drive forward to win. And expectation is that England should beat Ukraine.

Ukraine are a good side.

second-lowest ranked side left in the tournament

And with a possibility of playing the current lowest ranked in the semi

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 Jul 2021 21:44

WRTTOP

Yes, yes it is.