Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

2186 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

by Brogue » 04 Dec 2022 21:29

windermereROYAL Wonder if our game will kick off early next week now?

ITV just confirmed 7pm

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Dec 2022 21:31

Brogue

ITV just confirmed 7pm

RFC

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2022 21:33

Winston Biscuit
Brogue

ITV just confirmed 7pm

RFC

Club v country? Club must come first Winny B. Your presence will be expected at the SCL next Saturday young man.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Dec 2022 21:33

Winston Biscuit ICH

IC

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Dec 2022 21:35

Zip
Winston Biscuit
Brogue
ITV just confirmed 7pm

RFC

Club v country? Club must come first Winny B. Your presence will be expected at the SCL next Saturday young man.

If you aren’t getting home from the SCL before 7pm you’re doing your transport wrong. The cov fans would even be home in time

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Dec 2022 21:39

I had a wobble on Southgate in the midst of our pre-tournament wobble, but credit to him and the squad, we've on the whole been excellent in Qatar. I wouldn't make us favourites by any means, but equally I wouldn't say any other side has the easy beating of us, either. Southgate's selection will be key against France - let's hope he maintains a more positive outlook and that Foden retains his place. The front, six were excellent tonight and the front three received the ball from the midfield approaching 60 times. Great movement between the lines and our passing was crisp, sublime in places. The team has a certain swagger to it - Saka's finish very classy.

England have now won 15 knock-out ties in major tournaments, ever - and Southgate has delivered six of them. We've also won a knock-out game at three consecutive tournaments for the first time in our history.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 04 Dec 2022 21:40

Sterling home after an armed break in at his house. Fair enough I say.

Looks like South Coast Royal should apologise for that racist remarks.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2022 21:40

Brogue
Zip
Winston Biscuit
RFC

If you aren’t getting home from the SCL before 7pm you’re doing your transport wrong. The cov fans would even be home in time

Not sure about that. It will be a bigger gate on Saturday. Last time we had the cheap tickets for the schools it took an hour to get back to Mereoak. For someone like me then driving home would mean not getting back until 7:30pm. As it happens I’m out next Saturday night anyway so will miss the game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2022 21:41

Sanguine I had a wobble on Southgate in the midst of our pre-tournament wobble, but credit to him and the squad, we've on the whole been excellent in Qatar. I wouldn't make us favourites by any means, but equally I wouldn't say any other side has the easy beating of us, either. Southgate's selection will be key against France - let's hope he maintains a more positive outlook and that Foden retains his place. The front, six were excellent tonight and the front three received the ball from the midfield approaching 60 times. Great movement between the lines and our passing was crisp, sublime in places. The team has a certain swagger to it - Saka's finish very classy.

England have now won 15 knock-out ties in major tournaments, ever - and Southgate has delivered six of them. We've also won a knock-out game at three consecutive tournaments for the first time in our history.

No way Foden will be dropped.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 04 Dec 2022 21:41

Sanguine I had a wobble on Southgate in the midst of our pre-tournament wobble, but credit to him and the squad, we've on the whole been excellent in Qatar. I wouldn't make us favourites by any means, but equally I wouldn't say any other side has the easy beating of us, either. Southgate's selection will be key against France - let's hope he maintains a more positive outlook and that Foden retains his place. The front, six were excellent tonight and the front three received the ball from the midfield approaching 60 times. Great movement between the lines and our passing was crisp, sublime in places. The team has a certain swagger to it - Saka's finish very classy.

It helps that Bellingham is probably THE best talent this country had ever produced since Rooney at his age. Doesn't seem to have the hope of the nation on him like Owen did at that age but is easily our best player.

And he won't be in his prime for another 6 years :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Dec 2022 22:30

Zip Where are all of the Southgate moaners?

Waiting to pop out the woodwork after we lose on Saturday. Wouldn’t be surprised if he calls it a day if we lose to France but it’s another major tournament where we’ve eased through to the latter stages. Sure, it’s only what’s expected given the corresponding teams but you only have to look at Germany, Belgium, Argentina losing to Saudi Arabia etc etc

Recurring theme amongst the four games is a slow first 30 minutes. Every game it’s taken a goal for us to properly get into the game (except USA where we didn’t make the breakthrough). If we repeat the same trick against France, we could be in trouble

Think Southgate has more tough decisions. Does he bring Trippier in and go five at the back and double him up with Walker against Mbappe? Can he afford to play a back four with Maguire and Stones (good tournament from both of them but looked shaky at times tonight). Conundrum is then who you drop from the front six. Plenty of options, all with their upsides and downsides

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 04 Dec 2022 22:38

URZZZZ

Waiting to pop out the woodwork after we lose on Saturday. Wouldn’t be surprised if he calls it a day if we lose to France but it’s another major tournament where we’ve eased through to the latter stages. Sure, it’s only what’s expected given the corresponding teams but you only have to look at Germany, Belgium, Argentina losing to Saudi Arabia etc etc

Recurring theme amongst the four games is a slow first 30 minutes. Every game it’s taken a goal for us to properly get into the game (except USA where we didn’t make the breakthrough). If we repeat the same trick against France, we could be in trouble

Think Southgate has more tough decisions. Does he bring Trippier in and go five at the back and double him up with Walker against Mbappe? Can he afford to play a back four with Maguire and Stones (good tournament from both of them but looked shaky at times tonight). Conundrum is then who you drop from the front six. Plenty of options, all with their upsides and downsides

We won't lose to France. Nullify mbappe and break his ankle or something and they're no better then Senegal.

download

by download » 04 Dec 2022 22:42

Loafer
URZZZZ

We won't lose to France. Nullify mbappe and break his ankle or something and they're no better then Senegal.

Time to recall Razor Ruddock perhaps ?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 04 Dec 2022 23:19

download
Loafer
URZZZZ

We got slabhead

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Dec 2022 07:31

Loafer
download
Loafer We won't lose to France. Nullify mbappe and break his ankle or something and they're no better then Senegal.

We got slabhead

England haven't picked up a single yellow card all tournament

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Dec 2022 08:07

morganb
Loafer
download Time to recall Razor Ruddock perhaps ?

We got slabhead

That is astounding and outstanding

Although Mount tried hard to put paid to that record :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Dec 2022 08:39

Franchise FC
morganb
Loafer We got slabhead

That is astounding and outstanding

Although Mount tried hard to put paid to that record :lol:

Can't remember if it was Mount or not, but I thought there was a nailed on yellow yesterday for England, late in the game on the sideline. Walker possibly could've got one as well in the first half.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Dec 2022 09:01

My quick snap shot of last night.

Absolutely dreadful for 35 minutes.
Pickford deserved more plaudits. Most media outlets gave him a 6.
Thought the referee was outstanding. FA should bring him in as a guest and see how he gets on in our leagues.
Went through the gears last 10 minutes of first half and what a difference.

Dont think we have got going yet, can they do the unthinkable?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Dec 2022 09:04

I knew it was a very English name but i did not appreciate that Matty Cash is actually English, born in Slough :shock: :lol:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Dec 2022 09:06

Thought it was an overall decent performance really. Senegal were always going to have their moments, you can't just have complete control of a game for 90 minutes at any level, particularly not the knockout rounds of a major tournament. I genuinely think Pickford is one of the best international goalkeepers, hasn't really put a foot wrong for England in the last 4/5 years.

When we turn it on, we look really good, I don't think we should fear France too much, think they've got the best player on the pitch in Mbappe but in terms of the two teams, we are quite well matched, I think. It's one of the games where 2 of the stand-out teams of the tournament so far are playing against each other, probably earlier than they "should" be.

2186 posts