The Only Official HNA World Cup 2022 Sweepstakes

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Only Official HNA World Cup 2022 Sweepstakes

by Green » 18 Dec 2022 21:48

Loafer
Green Oh wait, the organiser has won it and has taken off with the spoils?

Colour me well and truly shocked.

No I changed to paultheroyal halfway through due to conflict of interest

He gets 1 to 2 pints of medium strength Lagar!!!!

In a Sussex pub of your choice? What are the good boozers down that way anyway?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 19 Dec 2022 07:34

Green
Loafer
Green Oh wait, the organiser has won it and has taken off with the spoils?

Colour me well and truly shocked.

No I changed to paultheroyal halfway through due to conflict of interest

Of his
Loads depends what you're after

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Dec 2022 12:03

Get in there!! What a win… victory taken from the jaws of defeat. Look forward to the prize.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 19 Dec 2022 20:16

Loafer
Green
Loafer No I changed to paultheroyal halfway through due to conflict of interest

Of his

They are particular about their drinking vessels at my ideal Sussex pub and never, for example, make the mistake of serving a pint of beer in a handleless glass. Apart from glass and pewter mugs, they have some of those pleasant strawberry-pink china ones which are now seldom seen in Sussex. China mugs went out about 30 years ago, because most people like their drink to be transparent, but in my opinion beer tastes better out of china.

The great surprise of my ideal Sussex pub is its garden. You go through a narrow passage leading out of the saloon, and find yourself in a fairly large garden with plane trees, under which there are little green tables with iron chairs round them. Up at one end of the garden there are swings and a chute for the children.

On summer evenings there are family parties, and you sit under the plane trees having beer or draught cider to the tune of delighted squeals from children going down the chute. The prams with the younger children are parked near the gate.

Many as are the virtues of my ideal Sussex pub, I think that the garden is its best feature, because it allows whole families to go there instead of Mum having to stay at home and mind the baby while Dad goes out alone.

And though, strictly speaking, they are only allowed in the garden, the children tend to seep into the pub and even to fetch drinks for their parents. This, I believe, is against the law, but it is a law that deserves to be broken, for it is the puritanical nonsense of excluding children—and therefore, to some extent, women—from pubs that has turned these places into mere boozing-shops instead of the family gathering-places that they ought to be.

So this is my ideal of what a pub should be—at any rate, in the Sussex area.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 19 Dec 2022 20:23

Green
Loafer
Green In a Sussex pub of your choice? What are the good boozers down that way anyway?

Of his

They are particular about their drinking vessels at my ideal Sussex pub and never, for example, make the mistake of serving a pint of beer in a handleless glass. Apart from glass and pewter mugs, they have some of those pleasant strawberry-pink china ones which are now seldom seen in Sussex. China mugs went out about 30 years ago, because most people like their drink to be transparent, but in my opinion beer tastes better out of china.

The great surprise of my ideal Sussex pub is its garden. You go through a narrow passage leading out of the saloon, and find yourself in a fairly large garden with plane trees, under which there are little green tables with iron chairs round them. Up at one end of the garden there are swings and a chute for the children.

On summer evenings there are family parties, and you sit under the plane trees having beer or draught cider to the tune of delighted squeals from children going down the chute. The prams with the younger children are parked near the gate.

Many as are the virtues of my ideal Sussex pub, I think that the garden is its best feature, because it allows whole families to go there instead of Mum having to stay at home and mind the baby while Dad goes out alone.

And though, strictly speaking, they are only allowed in the garden, the children tend to seep into the pub and even to fetch drinks for their parents. This, I believe, is against the law, but it is a law that deserves to be broken, for it is the puritanical nonsense of excluding children—and therefore, to some extent, women—from pubs that has turned these places into mere boozing-shops instead of the family gathering-places that they ought to be.

So this is my ideal of what a pub should be—at any rate, in the Sussex area.

Yeah there's alot round here

Sportsman is a good one, as is the Bolney stage