Craig Bellamy

phil in cornwall

Craig Bellamy

by phil in cornwall » 17 Aug 2010 13:41

If, as seems likely, Craig Bellamy goes out on loan to Cardiff City, how fair is that? He was supposedly a £14m player eighteen months ago.

Cardiff were virtually bankrupt a few weeks ago so how can they possibly afford to pay his wages? Presumably they are being subsidised by Man. City to take him?

As he charges past our fullbacks in November how will you feel? Just glad to know that we are a well run club who don't want to overextend our resources by strengthening our defence?

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Craig Bellamy

by Turns8 » 17 Aug 2010 13:58

It does wrangle somewhat...that the league let them get away with things like this...bearing in mind not 2 weeks ago they were under a transfer embargo, owing so many millions etc...which still hasn't been paid off and it's very much a cash of them waiting for a foreign cash injection...which will probably never materialise..

It seems to me though that the authorities don't care...and as much as I like the fact that our club operates within it's means...if it meant we could sign decent players on silly wages then i say to hell with it...let's do it...and then slowly watch as we become the first club to be heavily punished as a result...d'oh :oops:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Aug 2010 14:15

What exactly has he done that Mancini wants nothing to do with him?

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 17 Aug 2010 14:41

Said his new hair looks shit. He's got a point tbf.

yappy

by yappy » 17 Aug 2010 15:01

Motherwell now threatening Cardiff with a winding-up order over money that they haven't received for Paul Quinn. Don't think we've heard the end of the Cardiff saga just yet..

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 17 Aug 2010 15:07

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -loan.html

Telegraph now saying "Both clubs have agreed terms on the deal, which will see the Premier League club continue to pay a portion of Bellamy's wages, thought to be around £95,000 a week."

What portion? And can it be right for the richest club in Britain to subsidise one of our rivals?

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 17 Aug 2010 15:11

yappy Motherwell now threatening Cardiff with a winding-up order over money that they haven't received for Paul Quinn. Don't think we've heard the end of the Cardiff saga just yet..

I see what you mean - http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2120503623

The fee involved is 2 weeks wages for Craig Bellamy.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 17 Aug 2010 15:17

cmonurz What exactly has he done that Mancini wants nothing to do with him?

Open his mouth.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Aug 2010 15:59

cmonurz What exactly has he done that Mancini wants nothing to do with him?

Exist?

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 17 Aug 2010 16:05

yappy Motherwell now threatening Cardiff with a winding-up order over money that they haven't received for Paul Quinn. Don't think we've heard the end of the Cardiff saga just yet..

good on em

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Aug 2010 16:31

Official statement from Motherwell.

Further to an initial statement issued on Thursday 22nd July, Motherwell Football Club have today issued the following press release relating to the transfer of Paul Quinn to Cardiff City FC.

Cardiff City owe Motherwell Football Club £175,000 plus interest and costs for the transfer of Paul Quinn which took place in June 2009, almost 14 months ago.

Fully understanding their difficulties, the Board of Motherwell FC have pursued this claim firmly but courteously.

Having failed to receive a proper business like response, the Club eventually had no option but to pursue the matter in Hamilton Sheriff Court. The petition was considered on Friday yet Cardiff did not even turn up or submit a defence to our petition.

Commenting, Motherwell Chief Executive, Leeann Dempster, said: “It is critical that clubs work constructively with each other to ensure we can manage a very difficult financial climate for the game. We have given Cardiff every chance to do the right thing.

“The Board now believe that Cardiff’s position is untenable given their activity in the transfer market acquiring Jason Koumas, Tom Heaton, Danny Drinkwater, Seyi Olofinjana, Martin John and today, the loan signing of Manchester City’s Craig Bellamy.

“Given all these circumstances and with legal and moral weight behind us, Motherwell FC have no option but to immediately pursue all legal routes to ensure this significant sum is paid to us as quickly as possible.

“These may include issuing a winding up order, arresting assets or physically sending bailiffs to their ground on match day to take possession of cash. Every option will be fully considered and implemented as soon as possible.

“We want Cardiff fans to know that we appreciate the concerns this will give them. We can only urge them to look to how they would feel in our position and urge them to put pressure on their own Board to ensure the excellent long-term reputation of their club is not diminished by the leadership of one board.

“We have a job to promote and protect the interests of our own employees, fans and shareholders and we will. We would also suggest to the Championship and the English FA that they look with great care at the conduct of Cardiff in handling this matter.

“Even at this very late stage, I would urge Gethin Jenkins of Cardiff to pay this money plus costs and interest by return in order to save his club acute embarrassment and the football community in general unwarranted bad publicity”.

Am gonna take a wild guess and say that nothing will happen....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Aug 2010 16:33

They'll get paid tomorrow.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 17 Aug 2010 16:50

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe or physically sending bailiffs to their ground on match day to take possession of cash.

I think I speak for most here when I say: I would love it...

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 17 Aug 2010 16:59

Stranded They'll get paid tomorrow.

tbf that's all Motherwell want anyway

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Aug 2010 17:01

phil in cornwall What portion? And can it be right for the richest club in Britain to subsidise one of our rivals?

You mean like Chelsea and Blackburn subsidised us last season?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Aug 2010 17:01

A CCFC spokesman today said

The cheque is in the post

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Aug 2010 17:34

Hoop Blah
phil in cornwall What portion? And can it be right for the richest club in Britain to subsidise one of our rivals?

You mean like Chelsea and Blackburn subsidised us last season?

Indeed. We can hardly complain when our clubs survival in the Championship hinged upon three Premiership loan signings.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 17 Aug 2010 17:43

If football want to have their ridiculous football debts get paid in full rule the least they can do to is to prevent clubs from signing any new players whether on loan or on permanent deals until those debts have been paid in full. Its a nonsense that Cardiff faced a winding up order but have started spending money again before paying up existing debts.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 17 Aug 2010 17:47

I say this with no real basis (but since when does that stop anyone on here) but is it possible that Cardiff manage to get round some of these rules because their transfers have to go through the Welsh FA? I remember a case a few years ago, Simon Wharton I think it was, was banned from playing for a few games because he did not recieve international clearance for his move from Cardiff to Leeds.

If this is still the case then this could be another example of the Welsh FA turning a blind eye or being ridiculously lenient with Cardiff City

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Motherwell are considering a winding-up order against Cardif

by weybridgewanderer » 17 Aug 2010 17:50

Motherwell are considering a winding-up order against Cardiff to recoup money owed on the transfer of Paul Quinn.

Cardiff failed to pay £100,000 due in January and a further £75,000 summer payment has also not been forthcoming.

The Fir Park club issued a writ against Cardiff at Hamilton Sheriff Court on Friday but say that the Welsh club did not attend or submit a defence.

In response, Cardiff chief executive Gethin Jenkins said the matter would be settled within a week.

The statement from Motherwell was issued shortly after Cardiff signed Craig Bellamy on loan from Manchester City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 921892.stm