Sig Watch

276 posts
RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sig Watch

by RoyalChicagoFC » 31 Oct 2010 20:50

loyalroyal4life ANyone know where highlights to see the action are online?

Here, et seq

Haven't preview'd any of 'em myself (and in fact am watching the match in full right now one one of the domestic football channels), so browse @ your own risk of being disappointed

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 01 Nov 2010 10:01

RoyalChicagoFC
loyalroyal4life ANyone know where highlights to see the action are online?

Here, et seq

Haven't preview'd any of 'em myself (and in fact am watching the match in full right now one one of the domestic football channels), so browse @ your own risk of being disappointed

Thanks for that, good to see Gylf in action, great ball for the 3rd!

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 02 Nov 2010 13:02

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 02 Nov 2010 14:14

Is that the worst video of a football match in the history of the game?

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 11 Nov 2010 08:25

Will Siggy sale be regared as one of the most stupidest in history. Spanish media now says Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus, Arsenal and Manchester United are interested in him.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/sigur ... ftb_35/Tes

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Nov 2010 08:52

IcelandicStokie Will Siggy sale be regared as one of the most stupidest in history. Spanish media now says Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus, Arsenal and Manchester United are interested in him.

Not at £7m it won't and believe we have a sell on clause too - those clubs wouldn't necessarily be interested if he was here still either.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 11 Nov 2010 08:57

Stranded
IcelandicStokie Will Siggy sale be regared as one of the most stupidest in history. Spanish media now says Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus, Arsenal and Manchester United are interested in him.

Not at £7m it won't and believe we have a sell on clause too - those clubs wouldn't necessarily be interested if he was here still either.

I think Icelandic club Breiðablik got 1m of those 7. Nevermind, just think Reading should have held him for a longer time.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 11 Nov 2010 20:47

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 12 Nov 2010 16:53

IcelandicStokie I think Icelandic club Breiðablik got 1m of those 7.

That must be something of a windfall for an Icelandic club.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 15 Nov 2010 13:47

Have just clicked onto Talksport to see this as their leading story

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... trike-star

Manchester United have been linked with former Reading striker Gylfi Sigurdsson.
The 21-year-old only left the Royals for Bundesliga side Hoffenheim in the summer but four goals and a series of good performances have reportedly alerted the Premier League giants.
The Icelander struck twice for his country's Under-21 side against Scotland in October, securing his team a place in the European Championship in 2012, with United scouts reportedly in the crowd.
Sigurdsson left Reading for around £6million but has seen his value rise to nearer the £9m mark in just a matter of months, thanks to his form in Germany's top tier.
Arsenal have also been linked with the forward in the past but any interest Arsene Wenger may have shown has diminished, according to reports in the Spanish media.

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 15 Nov 2010 16:22

Big Foot Have just clicked onto Talksport to see this as their leading story

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... trike-star

Manchester United have been linked with former Reading striker Gylfi Sigurdsson.
The 21-year-old only left the Royals for Bundesliga side Hoffenheim in the summer but four goals and a series of good performances have reportedly alerted the Premier League giants.
The Icelander struck twice for his country's Under-21 side against Scotland in October, securing his team a place in the European Championship in 2012, with United scouts reportedly in the crowd.
Sigurdsson left Reading for around £6million but has seen his value rise to nearer the £9m mark in just a matter of months, thanks to his form in Germany's top tier.
Arsenal have also been linked with the forward in the past but any interest Arsene Wenger may have shown has diminished, according to reports in the Spanish media.

From Reading coach to TalkSport writer - what a fall from grace for Wally....

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Gylfi Sigurdsson

by toppy » 16 Nov 2010 08:38

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Nov 2010 08:49

around 20% i believe- I can't imagine we'd do a deal for him without any sell on fee

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 16 Nov 2010 09:35

Have you noticed who wrote the article for Talksport...............By Wally Downes Monday, November 15

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 16 Nov 2010 10:57

gazzer, loyal royal around 20% i believe- I can't imagine we'd do a deal for him without any sell on fee

Unless they only paid what they did as it was a full buy, or they could have gone £4m and allowed a BOC, surely.

PS is a whole Siggy watcvh somewhere on HNA?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 Nov 2010 11:14

Harpers So Solid Crew
gazzer, loyal royal around 20% i believe- I can't imagine we'd do a deal for him without any sell on fee

Unless they only paid what they did as it was a full buy, or they could have gone £4m and allowed a BOC, surely.

PS is a whole Siggy watcvh somewhere on HNA?

I'll ask my missus to buy me a Siggy watch for Xmas, sounds good!

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 16 Nov 2010 12:11

Because of the size of fee Hoffenheim paid I wouldn't be surprised if there is no sell on clause.

Even if there is I think sell on clauses are normally based on percentage of profit on a resale so if they did get nine million for him and make a profit of two million then, even if we got say 20% of that, we wouldn't be receiving a fortune though it would be useful money.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 Nov 2010 13:04

Elmer Park Because of the size of fee Hoffenheim paid I wouldn't be surprised if there is no sell on clause.

Even if there is I think sell on clauses are normally based on percentage of profit on a resale so if they did get nine million for him and make a profit of two million then, even if we got say 20% of that, we wouldn't be receiving a fortune though it would be useful money.

Or rather we wouldn't get any of it - MrMad would pocket the lot!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Nov 2010 13:33

:roll: :| :roll: :| :roll: :| :roll:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 16 Nov 2010 13:33

Royalwaster
Elmer Park Because of the size of fee Hoffenheim paid I wouldn't be surprised if there is no sell on clause.

Or rather we wouldn't get any of it - MrMad would pocket the lot!

Any sell on by the time the chairman makes his excuses to use it for the better of the club and gives us the crumbs of what's left would hardly be worth dicussing.

I hope he goes to United or Liverpool. He's very much a Steven Gerrard type player and both clubs would benefit from a play if his ability. One way or the other I want the boy playing in the Premiership.

276 posts