Non-League Day

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

Non-League Day

by Tony Le Mesmer » 01 Sep 2010 10:14

Think this one deserves a thread of its own.

Non-League day is this Saturday, 4th September. There are no Championship Games and England play on Friday night.

Its half price entry for Season Ticket holders of any league club at Maidenhead Utd (v Bromley 3pm) but a host of other clubs are also offering big reductions to entry fee.

If you're not someone who's into non league football much, just give it a go. Just Once. I cant guarantee top quality football, but i can guarantee you will enjoy the experience! Especially those who miss just standing on a terrace and not being told what to do!!! :)

http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Non-League Day

by frimmers3 » 01 Sep 2010 10:21

Tony Le Mesmer Think this one deserves a thread of its own.

Non-League day is this Saturday, 4th September. There are no Championship Games and England play on Friday night.

Its half price entry for Season Ticket holders of any league club at Maidenhead Utd (v Bromley 3pm) but a host of other clubs are also offering big reductions to entry fee.

If you're not someone who's into non league football much, just give it a go. Just Once. I cant guarantee top quality football, but i can guarantee you will enjoy the experience! Especially those who miss just standing on a terrace and not being told what to do!!! :)

i can empathise with the quoted post: the non-league days at the rec hold very special memories of the beautiful game

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Sep 2010 10:22

The Reading fans' team is doing its bit by playing non-League Oxford fans on Saturday.

ORLY

by ORLY » 01 Sep 2010 10:26

Lots of talk on the streets about a toe to toe between the Magpies Murder Squad and the Bromley Bother Boys this Saturday. Alas I'm out due to a poxy family wedding :|

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 01 Sep 2010 11:18

ORLY Lots of talk on the streets about a toe to toe between the Magpies Murder Squad and the Bromley Bother Boys this Saturday. Alas I'm out due to a poxy family wedding :|

std's not the best foundation for a stable marriage.

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 01 Sep 2010 13:24

Unable to make this one as have other plans on Saturday but I hope to see a four figure attendance figure on the Ceefax results page next to the result.

Planning to go to York Road at least once (hopefully more) this season to see a game and have a pint or two in Stripes.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 01 Sep 2010 13:38

Why just non-league clubs, though. Divisions 3 and 4 (as they used to be called) need support too.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2010 13:58

All I can do is fully endorse this initiative. Great fun, no hassle, and if you are lucky, some highly amusing banter. All I need is Four of Clubs to abanson his holiday and publish the fixtures for this weekend :lol: Alternatively, I might just do that myself later today.

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 01 Sep 2010 14:04

Svlad Cjelli Why just non-league clubs, though. Divisions 3 and 4 (as they used to be called) need support too.

Look in our area there are far more non league clubs within a short drive/train journey who just get by with small crowds which probably barely cover running costs.

I'd rather go to a game and stand on a terrace at Maidenhead, Basingstoke, Farnborough, Windsor, Marlow, Slough, Beaconsfield Sycob, Flackwell, Burnham, Reading Town, Henley Town, Wokingham, Binfield, Bracknell Town, Thatcham, Newbury Town or Didcot for example than pay to sit and watch already well paid players at say Brighton, Brentford, Orient, Oxford, Swindon, Wycombe or MKD.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 01 Sep 2010 15:02

I'll be at Bath City, my newly-adopted second team.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 01 Sep 2010 17:12

IN for Maiders

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 02 Sep 2010 05:55

Couple of us old Elm Park boys are off to Guildford City on Saturday. Sevenoaks in the F.A. Vase.

Nice easy train journey from Wokkers. Guildford full of nice old boozers and some classy rich MILFs.

Guildford's ground a shambly old collection of sheds and bits around a running track at a place called The Spectrum.

Six or seven quid to get in.

Looking forward to some non-league catering. Cheeseburgers with real, hard, stale cheese and meat that was last on the hoof several decades ago shortly before it was put in the freezer circa 1979 or something and some thin tea.

We've done a few of these trips over the past few years to various clubs in the Home Counties. It's always good, semi-clean fun.

At Egham one year we found an old leather 'style' office chair in one stand with the words 'Jimmy Loves Boys' spelled out in emulsion.

Joyous times.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Sep 2010 09:23

Ian Herring Couple of us old Elm Park boys are off to Guildford City on Saturday. Sevenoaks in the F.A. Vase.

Nice easy train journey from Wokkers. Guildford full of nice old boozers and some classy rich MILFs.

Guildford's ground a shambly old collection of sheds and bits around a running track at a place called The Spectrum.

Six or seven quid to get in.

Looking forward to some non-league catering. Cheeseburgers with real, hard, stale cheese and meat that was last on the hoof several decades ago shortly before it was put in the freezer circa 1979 or something and some thin tea.

We've done a few of these trips over the past few years to various clubs in the Home Counties. It's always good, semi-clean fun.

At Egham one year we found an old leather 'style' office chair in one stand with the words 'Jimmy Loves Boys' spelled out in emulsion.

Joyous times.

When in Guildford, watch outfor the bearded woman :shock:

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 02 Sep 2010 09:52

Jesus I'd forgotten her. Saw some footage on YouTube after a link from OAE 'flagged up' this beauty.

*prepares dating hammer*

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 02 Sep 2010 12:39

Non-League Football Day' is taking place on Saturday 4th September 2010

With England playing the night before and there being no Premier League or Championship games on that day as a result, the idea is that it would be a great opportunity to get fans of the professional clubs to come and sample some football at their local non-league club instead

Wealdstone are at home at St George's Stadium on 4th September so this is an excellent opportunity for fans of professional clubs to come down to The Vale and see the Stones in action against Bury Town (KO 3pm) in the Ryman League Premier Division.

As a special incentive Wealdstone FC will offer half price admission (£5.00) to anyone that produces a valid season ticket of another club (but excluding the opposition!) at the turnstiles.

Visit http://www.wealdstone-fc.com for details of the club and travel directions etc

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 02 Sep 2010 13:19

Is Basingstoke town at home?

Magnus

by Magnus » 02 Sep 2010 13:57

Fully support non-league day (well, I say fully, I won't actually be attending a match - but I'm all for the idea) but it seems a little silly to offer discounts to STH of other clubs.

These are surely the people least likely to want a return visit as their Saturdays are presumably already catered for. Or are they hoping to prize people away from their beloved Chelseas, West Bromwich Albions and Readings to become regulars watching the Magpies down at York Road?

Skyline

by Skyline » 02 Sep 2010 14:02

I can see the reasoning to an extent. They're going for the folks who are football fans (because they've got STH), but don't want to go on all the long away trips. So if (say) Reading are playing Preston, but Basingstoke are at home, you might wander along to the Camrose instead.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 02 Sep 2010 19:29

Non-League day...
Way too try-hard.

The people behind this mirror exactly the people who were up for and invested in the Ebbsfleet debacle.

To a man.

Football's football, just turn up whereever, whenever.

But, as usual, must have the big auld show off badge.
Look at me, aren't I great, 50% off please.

Vomit.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 02 Sep 2010 21:17

Terminal Boardom
All I can do is fully endorse this initiative. Great fun, no hassle, and if you are lucky, some highly amusing banter. All I need is Four of Clubs to abanson his holiday and publish the fixtures for this weekend :lol: Alternatively, I might just do that myself later today.

...sorry girls 8) - I'm back from overseas (well IoW) now BUT about to pop up the boozer - will try and publish my normal 'bells and whistles' preview as early as poss. tomorrow (Friday) for this coming w/e :D

I'm aiming to get somewhere new and obscure in the FA Vase 1st Qualifying.