LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8632 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by BR0B0T » 07 Oct 2019 11:36

Sanguine I absolute love how bitter people are getting about Liverpool's winning run. I did wonder to myself back in the day when United got a load of vitriol when they were winning everything, and then how City have copped a load over the last couple of seasons - surely fans will grow up one day? Of course not. We all just hate successful teams, don't we?

Mane was fouled. It was a penalty. Tough on Leicester (although xG was something like 3.5 - 0.9), but that's how it goes.

Mane was touched, played on then decided to throw himself on the floor. It wasn't a penalty. Liverpool prolly deserved the win

Can't knock 16/17 wins in a row tbf

Just realising how much United ruined everyone's childhood 8) by winning all the time...judging by the current delight at their failure

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Oct 2019 14:31

The only team that can stop Liverpool winning the title now is ……. Liverpool.

They'll have to cope with the pressure of leading from such an early stage, but barring miracles, they've stopped the rot of their (league) winless run.

Now they just need to win three in a row to shut the Manure fans up with their 20 times.

I wasn't going through my childhood, but Man Utd did ruin a considerable number of years for me.
To be fair, I just don't want the same team dominating for too long as it becomes tedious.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Oct 2019 14:58

Franchise FC The only team that can stop Liverpool winning the title now is ……. Liverpool.

They'll have to cope with the pressure of leading from such an early stage, but barring miracles, they've stopped the rot of their (league) winless run.

Now they just need to win three in a row to shut the Manure fans up with their 20 times.

I wasn't going through my childhood, but Man Utd did ruin a considerable number of years for me.
To be fair, I just don't want the same team dominating for too long as it becomes tedious.

check out 1986 season...Utd got off to a blinder, ten straight wins

unbeaten in first 15 with two only two draws (one against LFC)

...Liverpool won the title

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Oct 2019 15:57

BR0B0T
Franchise FC The only team that can stop Liverpool winning the title now is ……. Liverpool.

But wasn't that before football was invented with the advent of the Premier League./ :wink:

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 07 Oct 2019 18:06

BR0B0T

RFC won, in the end.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Oct 2019 18:38

Poor today but Ole got his tactics spot on to be fair. Origi just isn’t good enough to be starting games of this calibre

Always thought Lallana was underrated, certainly think he should be given more chances, he’s a better player than Chamberlain, still confused as to how he plays at such a high level

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 21 Oct 2019 09:05

Liverpool were surprisingly 1-dimensional - ping the ball down the gut, hope one of their forwards does something with it. Not sure how much that was due to United mind, they had plenty of time in the middle third.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Oct 2019 12:18

stealthpapes Liverpool were surprisingly 1-dimensional - ping the ball down the gut, hope one of their forwards does something with it. Not sure how much that was due to United mind, they had plenty of time in the middle third.

Credit to both teams here I think - United's first half performance is the best any side has done when it comes to shutting down Liverpool's full-backs, who are involved in almost every attack. After an hour though Klopp made a tactical change to the formation and suddenly it was a game of defence v attack, United barely got the ball.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2019 12:27

Liverpool were far the superior team and should have won 2-0. VAR got United a draw.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 21 Oct 2019 12:46

Sanguine
stealthpapes Liverpool were surprisingly 1-dimensional - ping the ball down the gut, hope one of their forwards does something with it. Not sure how much that was due to United mind, they had plenty of time in the middle third.

Credit to both teams here I think - United's first half performance is the best any side has done when it comes to shutting down Liverpool's full-backs, who are involved in almost every attack. After an hour though Klopp made a tactical change to the formation and suddenly it was a game of defence v attack, United barely got the ball.

yeah, did note that the full backs were pinned back. Crossing from the players who ended up outwide was woeful.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Oct 2019 14:14

Sanguine

TAA had a really bad first half...all over the shop.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Oct 2019 14:16

BR0B0T
Sanguine

TAA had a really bad first half...all over the shop.

Agreed, he had a bit of the Rougier about him, human pinball machine. Crossing was awful too.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Oct 2019 14:20

Yep, as the Neviller mentioned a couple of times he seemed to be just getting over excited and crossing far too early

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Oct 2019 15:28

Silver Fox Yep, as the Neviller mentioned a couple of times he seemed to be just getting over excited and crossing far too early

Did you feel, like I did, that he and Carra were a bit OTT about how supposedly poor Liverpool were?
They spent most of the game moaning and criticising in the same was as Macca does on BT.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Oct 2019 16:26

The Liverpool fans I work with are getting twitchy, despite the fact that these are the first points they've dropped this season.

Their view (and I quote) :
"We're so far ahead that if we don't win it from here we never will. This is going to put ridiculous pressure on the players"

Had to laugh at the 'ridiculous pressure' line.

They are definitely viewing Klopp's current state of antics as a Keegan sign.

To use a well known phrase 'Calm down, calm down'

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Oct 2019 18:25

Old Man Andrews Liverpool were far the superior team and should have won 2-0. VAR got United a draw.

Errr, not quite.
With or without VAR United were one up so I don’t see how 2-0 works at all

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Oct 2019 19:36

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews Liverpool were far the superior team and should have won 2-0. VAR got United a draw.

Errr, not quite.
With or without VAR United were one up so I don’t see how 2-0 works at all

You could argue (and I'm not here, just playing a bit of devils advocate) that if it wasn't for VAR then the ref may well have given the foul on Origi.

One of the impacts of VAR is that we're already starting to see marginal decisions not given and play allowed to continue so that VAR take retrospective action to rule out a goal instead of it being wrongly prevented in the build up.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Oct 2019 11:45

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 24 Oct 2019 15:14

fucking heLOLLOL

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Oct 2019 16:24

Lol. Wondered what the poster thing was about. Wasn't expecting that!

Also.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50166371

Two Liverpool fans missed the match in Genk after travelling to Ghent for the game, which is 95 miles away. :lol:

8632 posts