LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8637 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Oct 2019 19:39

Liverpool good value again v Spurs having 21 goal attempts with 13 on target.
They have now already played:-
Spurs
Chelsea
Arsenal
Leicester
Man Utd
and have 28 points from a possible 30
Not a bad start .
Next up Villa away and then City at home.
I can't see City stopping them scoring but of course City are the highest scorers in the division so, a Championship decider already?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 27 Oct 2019 22:24

Victor Meldrew Liverpool good value again v Spurs having 21 goal attempts with 13 on target.
Spurs
Chelsea
Arsenal
Leicester
Man Utd
Not a bad start .
I can't see City stopping them scoring but of course City are the highest scorers in the division so, a Championship decider already?

:|

:lol:

Its November..... Championship decider :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Oct 2019 23:01

Victor Meldrew Liverpool good value again v Spurs having 21 goal attempts with 13 on target.
Spurs
Chelsea
Arsenal
Leicester
Man Utd
Not a bad start .

Didn't watch the first 30 so can't comment on that but thought they played well from minutes 30-85. Still think they need more than a Fabinho - Wijnaldum - Henderson midfield but it's clearly working so can't really say anything. The Gomez for Salah sub was a poor call and nearly backfired, surely Lallana or Origi would have been a better call?

I think Pep and City fans will take your view that their game will be very important into deciding the Championship. Possibly not a decider but 9 points off at this stage heavily favours it towards Liverpool. I personally think Liverpool will walk the league, City's defence is too poor, can see Salah, Mane and Firmino causing Stones, Otamendi and Fernandinho real problems at the back

I

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Oct 2019 10:29

The Enfield Royal71
Spurs
Chelsea
Arsenal
Leicester
Man Utd
Not a bad start .

Can you see any other team apart from these two winning it ?
No, so it could be a decider.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 10:34

It isn't a decider at all. How many times have we seen a big points lead in the Premier League overturned?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Oct 2019 10:34

Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
Spurs
Chelsea
Arsenal
Leicester
Man Utd
Not a bad start .

You are very wrong. Leicester are playing very well.

And its November. There will be loads of games left and time to slip up. Remember Newcastle slipping up a big lead.

Man City win then it decides nothing. If Liverpool win I don't think Pep will just be like 'mama mia we give up-a the league now that-a Liverpool have beaten us".

Utter drivel from you again.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Oct 2019 11:17

The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71

And its November. There will be loads of games left and time to slip up. Remember Newcastle slipping up a big lead.

Man City win then it decides nothing. If Liverpool win I don't think Pep will just be like 'mama mia we give up-a the league now that-a Liverpool have beaten us".

Surprise, surprise you are having an "utter drivel" day.
You used the same term just now in the Weekend Football topic.
Time to come up with another derisory term for a change?

I blame the parents, the education system, Margaret Thatcher , Winston Churchill, Boris Johnson et al (Enfield, I had better explain that "et al" doesn't mean "and a bloke called Al") for people like this.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Oct 2019 11:28

Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew

Surprise, surprise you are having an "utter drivel" day.
You used the same term just now in the Weekend Football topic.
Time to come up with another derisory term for a change?

I blame the parents, the education system, Margaret Thatcher , Winston Churchill, Boris Johnson et al (Enfield, I had better explain that "et al" doesn't mean "and a bloke called Al") for people like this.

You have outdone yourself here.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Oct 2019 09:48

Liverpool's win last night causes issues for the Carabao Cup in that their QF is scheduled to take place the same week Liverpool will be at the World Club Championship.

Klopp already stating he is prepared to forfeit the tie against Villa if necessary - though this is obviously just a ploy to get the date moved to a suitable slot .

Issue is that the first available slot is w/c 6th Jan but the 1st leg of the semi final is scheduled for then. So if they play then they will have to squeeze in the 1st leg before the W/C 27th Jan when the 2nd leg is due.

Issue there is Liverpool play on the 19th and 23rd Jan already and FA Cup takes precedent so can't schedule it for the w/c 13th as that is set aside for FA Cup replays. So that date would be an issue if Liverpool win.

If Liverpool win v Villa and play the 1st leg when the 2nd leg is scheduled then the 2nd leg may encroach into the new winter break in Feb.

So all in all a bit of a mess.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Oct 2019 10:27

Stranded Liverpool's win last night causes issues for the Carabao Cup in that their QF is scheduled to take place the same week Liverpool will be at the World Club Championship.

Klopp already stating he is prepared to forfeit the tie against Villa if necessary - though this is obviously just a ploy to get the date moved to a suitable slot .

Issue is that the first available slot is w/c 6th Jan but the 1st leg of the semi final is scheduled for then. So if they play then they will have to squeeze in the 1st leg before the W/C 27th Jan when the 2nd leg is due.

Issue there is Liverpool play on the 19th and 23rd Jan already and FA Cup takes precedent so can't schedule it for the w/c 13th as that is set aside for FA Cup replays. So that date would be an issue if Liverpool win.

If Liverpool win v Villa and play the 1st leg when the 2nd leg is scheduled then the 2nd leg may encroach into the new winter break in Feb.

It would be a good idea to bring the tie forward wouldn't it? Midweek next time there isn't Champions League perhaps.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Oct 2019 10:35

Old Man Andrews
Stranded Liverpool's win last night causes issues for the Carabao Cup in that their QF is scheduled to take place the same week Liverpool will be at the World Club Championship.

It would be a good idea to bring the tie forward wouldn't it? Midweek next time there isn't Champions League perhaps.

There isn't a free midweek:

5/11 CL
International Break the next 2 midweeks (12th and 19th)
27/11 CL
4/12 PL game v Everton
10/12 CL

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 31 Oct 2019 10:40

Successful clubs always have fixture issues and I bet teams like Spurs and Man Utd would love to have similar problems.

Last night's game was a cracker with some outstanding goals from both sides.
Liverpool will be delighted at the outcome having started with two 17 year-olds (both making first team debuts) and a 16 year-old with subsequent young subs as well.
The right-back position is looking good for the future with 17 year-old Williams a chip off the old block with the Dutch lad who scored in the previous round also waiting-I expect Trent to be playing right midfield within a year.

My tip for the top is Curtis Jones, a genuine scouser with great assurance on the ball and it was no surprise to see him convert the final penalty .
For a player with quite a few limitations Origi certainly knows when to pick his times to shine.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Oct 2019 10:44

Stranded
Old Man Andrews

5/11 CL
27/11 CL
4/12 PL game v Everton
10/12 CL

They could do Jan 8 and then push back the semi finals by a week?
Or Thursday 7 November. Villa and Liverpool don’t play until the Sunday. Liverpool will probably make 11 changes anyway so them playing on the Tuesday night before probably doesn’t make any difference. Although that is short notice now

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Oct 2019 10:45

Real pity that Elliott has started perfecting his diving already.

Otherwise such a fantastic game to watch.

Oh, and Arsenal losing 8)

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 31 Oct 2019 10:56

Obviously cracking draws for Oxford and Colchester, albeit part of me wanted them to draw each other, just to guarantee a smaller club in the semi finals.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Oct 2019 12:25

URZZZZ
Stranded
Old Man Andrews It would be a good idea to bring the tie forward wouldn't it? Midweek next time there isn't Champions League perhaps.

5/11 CL
27/11 CL
4/12 PL game v Everton
10/12 CL

They could do Jan 8 and then push back the semi finals by a week?
Or Thursday 7 November. Villa and Liverpool don’t play until the Sunday. Liverpool will probably make 11 changes anyway so them playing on the Tuesday night before probably doesn’t make any difference. Although that is short notice now

Think the 7th would need UEFA approval as it would clash with the Europa League and as you say is very short notice.

Jan 8th is the most likely date but will cause knock on issues to the semi finals if Liverpool win but imagine they will go with that date and cross that bridge when they come to it.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 31 Oct 2019 12:38

Franchise FC Real pity that Elliott has started perfecting his diving already.

how dare you accuse an LFC player of diving!

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 31 Oct 2019 12:39

Sanguine Obviously cracking draws for Oxford and Colchester, albeit part of me wanted them to draw each other, just to guarantee a smaller club in the semi finals.

FAO of Vic: tap in here m9

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Oct 2019 12:49

Easy to sort. Just pull out of the FIFA “friendlies”. I also hear Liverpool’s game with West Ham on 20 dec has to be rearranged because of this pointless competition that would be better placed in the summer months anyway.

Alternatively just split the squad in two so both get played (it’s be a largely reserve team they’d field in the LC anyway)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Oct 2019 12:51

Sutekh Easy to sort. Just pull out of the FIFA “friendlies”. I also hear Liverpool’s game with West Ham on 20 dec has to be rearranged because of this pointless competition that would be better placed in the summer months anyway.

Alternatively just split the squad in two so both get played (it’s be a largely reserve team they’d field in the LC anyway)

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

8637 posts