LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8640 posts
South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by South Coast Royal » 27 Dec 2020 20:20

BR0B0T GTFI...genuinely thought that'd be you away and never caught

The one missing ingredient tonight was the one telling ball to open up a packed defence.
Tiago is that player and once he has fully recovered from that dreadful tackle from the bastard Richarlison I think he will have a big part to play.

As with Reading, without so many injuries the young and inexperienced players would not have got a game so the clubs should benefit in the long run as will the young players themselves.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2020 22:32

Aware this may come across as harsh - he’s only a young player etc but am I the only one who doesn’t quite get the Jones hype? I know Jurgen’s options are rather limited at the moment, but not quite sure about him yet

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Dec 2020 11:21

URZZZZ Aware this may come across as harsh - he’s only a young player etc but am I the only one who doesn’t quite get the Jones hype? I know Jurgen’s options are rather limited at the moment, but not quite sure about him yet

He is a player , like Foden, destined to be a Premier League player having played for England at all the age groups but so far has played in just 16 Premier League games.
For a 19 year old I think he has slotted in well in the engine room of the side and has an excellent first touch, an eye for a goal, is athletic and (as with all Liverpool players) is a good passer of the ball.

He would probably not have played so much but for the injuries.
The one thing stopping him being the complete midfielder IMHO is that as yet he is not a strong tackler in the Henderson/Fabhino/Milner mould but I think that will come.

Anyway the coaching staff at Liverpool are delighted with his progress and he is definitely one for the future and even for the now.
He has slotted in so well and rarely gives the ball away and in the next few years I reckon he will be vying with Foden and Saka in England's midfield ahead of the likes of Mount, Winks, Loftus-Cheek and co and replacing Henderson for both club and country.

Progress obviously depends upon injuries and opportunity and whereas Foden doesn't tend to get game time Jones will probably get more until Tiago and Keta are fully fit and/or if Fabinho gets to play in midfield again.
Still just a prospect but a good one IMHO.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Dec 2020 11:52

Until this weekend I don't recall seeing a load of criticism of him at all.

One, albeit very bad, mistake and he's being pilloried.

Be interesting to see how he, and Klopp, react.

More interesting from the weekend for me was the pace, or lack of it, from Williams. Is Karlan Grant really that fast ?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Dec 2020 16:30

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ Aware this may come across as harsh - he’s only a young player etc but am I the only one who doesn’t quite get the Jones hype? I know Jurgen’s options are rather limited at the moment, but not quite sure about him yet

He is a player , like Foden, destined to be a Premier League player having played for England at all the age groups but so far has played in just 16 Premier League games.
For a 19 year old I think he has slotted in well in the engine room of the side and has an excellent first touch, an eye for a goal, is athletic and (as with all Liverpool players) is a good passer of the ball.

He would probably not have played so much but for the injuries.
The one thing stopping him being the complete midfielder IMHO is that as yet he is not a strong tackler in the Henderson/Fabhino/Milner mould but I think that will come.

Anyway the coaching staff at Liverpool are delighted with his progress and he is definitely one for the future and even for the now.
He has slotted in so well and rarely gives the ball away and in the next few years I reckon he will be vying with Foden and Saka in England's midfield ahead of the likes of Mount, Winks, Loftus-Cheek and co and replacing Henderson for both club and country.

Progress obviously depends upon injuries and opportunity and whereas Foden doesn't tend to get game time Jones will probably get more until Tiago and Keta are fully fit and/or if Fabinho gets to play in midfield again.
Still just a prospect but a good one IMHO.

Fair enough

I haven’t seen him too much - just on the snippets I have - I haven’t been too impressed but I appreciate that’s a really small proportion and he’s still only a young un

As you say though, I doubt he’ll play much when Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Thiago and Chamberlain are all fit (if that ever happens :wink: )

Comparisons to Foden are interesting, I’ve always thought he’s a really good little player albeit with limited game time but destined for a really good in the past. Was destined for more game this season with D.Silva having left, yet it hasn’t quite happened for him

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 31 Dec 2020 02:52

8)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2021 01:48

Didn’t watch against Newcastle as we were playing at the same time but sounds like Thiago had a good cameo off the bench and looked “a class above”

As ever, need to get their injured players back ASAP. However strong their front three may be, not sure a midfield three of Henderson, Milner and Jones is good enough

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Jan 2021 11:15

Remarkable that since Van Dijk was injured, Atalanta are the only opponent in 17 games to have scored more than one goal against Liverpool. Can't help but wonder if Klopp might look to turn Fabinho into a permanent centre-back - albeit his absence from the midfield has changed Henderson's role, which has been a detriment to Liverpool's attacking play.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 04 Jan 2021 11:45

Sanguine Remarkable that since Van Dijk was injured, Atalanta are the only opponent in 17 games to have scored more than one goal against Liverpool. Can't help but wonder if Klopp might look to turn Fabinho into a permanent centre-back - albeit his absence from the midfield has changed Henderson's role, which has been a detriment to Liverpool's attacking play.

I think they are missing his tackling prowess in midfield so would like to see him back there but he has done a great job at the back so no doubt will continue there especially as Klopp seems averse to bringing in another centre-back.

Am a bit concerned about the aerial threat from Southampton centre-backs tonight from set-pieces but hopefully those same defenders will be exploited for their lack of pace at the other end of the pitch.

Glad to hear that things are improving on the health front chez Sangers.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Jan 2021 11:56

Hoping Thiago starts tonight

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Jan 2021 21:28

Getting the lols in now before LFC go onto win...Mane will go down in the box for the pen winner

But might as well go the full giddy twat now whilst there behind and we're defo gonna win the title

#21isComing

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Jan 2021 21:47

Trent Arnold has never impressed me as a defender. Going forward he is one of the best but he has been utterly shocking tonight. Since Van Dijk has been injured he has bang average.

I'd rather have Bertrand.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 04 Jan 2021 21:58

Blimey, well played Southampton.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Jan 2021 21:58

And Carragher looks like he is gonna cry :D :D :D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Jan 2021 22:08

7 points separating top and 10th, going to be one of the closest races with more than 2 teams, for a long time I think.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Jan 2021 22:15

With the additional psychological and physical stresses as a result of Covid, we always thought weird things could happen this season....

Arsenal for the title!

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Jan 2021 22:52

Royal Rother With the additional psychological and physical stresses as a result of Covid, we always thought weird things could happen this season....

Arsenal for the title!

Anyone but the dippers 8)

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Jan 2021 08:49

BR0B0T Getting the lols in now before LFC go onto win...Mane will go down in the box for the pen winner

No chance of that this season

It must be exciting for you to be as high as second, if you'd been better earlier this season you could really take advantage of Liverpool's poor run of form (at least it seems poor, was actually a bit shocked to hear they were unbeaten in 12 before last night)

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Jan 2021 10:13

Whilst I don't think that the Jack Stephens handball last night was a penalty - he was only six feet from the rapidly moving ball - the decision of VAR to allow it seemed to fly in the face of previous decisions we've seen for handball this season - not least the one against Gomez for handball where he was trying to pull his arm away.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Jan 2021 10:38

Sanguine Whilst I don't think that the Jack Stephens handball last night was a penalty - he was only six feet from the rapidly moving ball - the decision of VAR to allow it seemed to fly in the face of previous decisions we've seen for handball this season - not least the one against Gomez for handball where he was trying to pull his arm away.

Feel they’ve been more reluctant to give penalties compared to the start of the season because of the general reactions to them, especially these handball decisions

8640 posts