LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8627 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Hendo » 21 Jan 2020 09:03

Franchise FC And just seen the current poll which puts Man Utd 1999 above Arsenal’s Invincibles and Man City’s Centurions.
Why have I wasted my time on this

Totally different styles, but I think the Man Utd team of 98-99, would give pretty much anyone a run for their money. That team was pretty damn good.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2020 09:04

Hendo
Franchise FC And just seen the current poll which puts Man Utd 1999 above Arsenal’s Invincibles and Man City’s Centurions.

Totally different styles, but I think the Man Utd team of 98-99, would give pretty much anyone a run for their money. That team was pretty damn good.

Yep, incredible team. Would stand up against any modern day club side of the last 40 years IMO.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Jan 2020 10:59

Not taking anything away from Liverpool they have been ruthless. But let's be honest this one of the worst challenges on the title by any other team that I care to remember.

Arsenal - oxf*rd
Man Utd - oxf*rd
Spurs - oxf*rd
Chelsea - transition
Man city - piss poor defense.

None of the challengers to the throne have been in a position to challenge. And in fact, most of the league are in disarray. Pretty much every team is bang average. just 12 points cover Man U in 5th to Villa in 18th. This time last season on match week 23, 5th placed Arsenal were on 44 points whilst 18th placed Cardiff were on 19 a points difference of 25.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jan 2020 11:14

Crazy how City have fallen off, isn't it. They have really missed Laporte and Kompany.

Can't begrudge Liverpool this title though, they are insanely good.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2020 11:16

Manchester City are paying the price for poor recruitment last summer, Pep made a big mistake not bolstering his defence.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Jan 2020 13:28

WoodleyRoyal Not taking anything away from Liverpool they have been ruthless. But let's be honest this one of the worst challenges on the title by any other team that I care to remember.

Arsenal - oxf*rd
Man Utd - oxf*rd
Spurs - oxf*rd
Chelsea - transition

None of the challengers to the throne have been in a position to challenge. And in fact, most of the league are in disarray. Pretty much every team is bang average. just 12 points cover Man U in 5th to Villa in 18th. This time last season on match week 23, 5th placed Arsenal were on 44 points whilst 18th placed Cardiff were on 19 a points difference of 25.

You could argue that to some extent Liverpool's relentlessness lends itself to the rest of the challengers falling away. City's points broadly in line with an 80-point season, which wouldn't win many titles (although was enough for Leicester) - but would they have lost five times already if Liverpool were closer, or behind them?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Jan 2020 17:30

they were better...no other English side has won the treble

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Jan 2020 17:32

BR0B0T

As far as I can tell the best PL team is the best team to perform in the PL. The FACup and CL were very good but nothing to do with their performances in the league

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Jan 2020 17:46

Franchise FC
BR0B0T

As far as I can tell the best PL team is the best team to perform in the PL. The FACup and CL were very good but nothing to do with their performances in the league

:roll:

So they didn't rest players for prem games

...and the additional games caused no additional fatigue, injuries problems etc that weren't experienced by either of the other two

WISE UP!

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Jan 2020 17:54

The Champions League saw them playing

Bayern Munich x 3
Barcelona x 2
Inter Milan x 2
Juventus x 2

FA Cup...

Liverpool
Arsenal x 2
Chelsea x 2
Boro, Fulham and Newcastle

Plus...

38 league games
Charity Shield
3 League Cup games
2 CL Qualifiers

You're right, piece of piss

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2020 21:25

BR0B0T The Champions League saw them playing

Bayern Munich x 3
Barcelona x 2
Inter Milan x 2
Juventus x 2

FA Cup...

Liverpool
Arsenal x 2
Chelsea x 2

Plus...

38 league games
Charity Shield
3 League Cup games
2 CL Qualifiers

Alright, calm down. No need to cry because they're shit now.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Jan 2020 21:41

Snowflake Royal

Bayern Munich x 3
Barcelona x 2
Inter Milan x 2
Juventus x 2

FA Cup...

Liverpool
Arsenal x 2
Chelsea x 2

Plus...

38 league games
Charity Shield
3 League Cup games
2 CL Qualifiers

putting aside tribal differences...

the Glazers have taken over a billion quid out of the club (debt interest, dividends etc)

The net spend for the last 4 transfer windows averages out at about £30 million for a club that generates prolly the most amount of revenue in football i.e. you have a couple of pcunts taking that cash for themselves and fcuk the fans

That squad is the best paid in the world...explain that to me

I know everyone says we spent 900 Million (or whatever) but where is it?...none of those players are at the club anymore

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2020 01:45

WoodleyRoyal Not taking anything away from Liverpool they have been ruthless. But let's be honest this one of the worst challenges on the title by any other team that I care to remember.

Arsenal - oxf*rd
Man Utd - oxf*rd
Spurs - oxf*rd
Chelsea - transition

Surely if Chelsea are in transition, so are United?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Jan 2020 07:11

BR0B0T
Snowflake Royal

Bayern Munich x 3
Barcelona x 2
Inter Milan x 2
Juventus x 2

FA Cup...

Liverpool
Arsenal x 2
Chelsea x 2

Plus...

38 league games
Charity Shield
3 League Cup games
2 CL Qualifiers

putting aside tribal differences...

the Glazers have taken over a billion quid out of the club (debt interest, dividends etc)

The net spend for the last 4 transfer windows averages out at about £30 million for a club that generates prolly the most amount of revenue in football i.e. you have a couple of pcunts taking that cash for themselves and fcuk the fans

That squad is the best paid in the world...explain that to me

I know everyone says we spent 900 Million (or whatever) but where is it?...none of those players are at the club anymore

This is where reality bites. The reason United were in a position to outspend almost everyone was because they were set up with extremely large borrowing. The fact that the interest had to be paid is the price for that. Of itself, that’s not the Glazer’s taking money out of the club.
I have no idea about any dividends being taken. Might spend a few minutes looking at the accounts.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jan 2020 08:09

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

:? :? So if the nett spend over the last 4 windows is £30m, can we assume the owners are fed up of spunking huge sums on shit?

Once again, the striking thing there is Liverpool have the 6th lowest nett spend.

Didn't know Brighton's nett spend was that high either.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Jan 2020 09:37

From Despair To Where? https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

:? :? So if the nett spend over the last 4 windows is £30m, can we assume the owners are fed up of spunking huge sums on shit?

Once again, the striking thing there is Liverpool have the 6th lowest nett spend.

indeed. It's been mentioned before, but Coutinho = Alisson and Van Dijk looks like the best bit of business in Premier League history for the impact of the signings on the team. And Kevin Stewart = Andy Robertson.

As also noted before, they keep getting dolla for average players - like the £19m Bournemouth paid for Dominic Solanke, who still hasn't scored a league goal for the club, and only got one for Liverpool. In fact he has bizarre career stats - just eight career club goals, but nine for England U21s, and ten for the U20s.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 22 Jan 2020 09:41

Sanguine
From Despair To Where? https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

indeed. It's been mentioned before, but Coutinho = Alisson and Van Dijk looks like the best bit of business in Premier League history for the impact of the signings on the team. And Kevin Stewart = Andy Robertson.

As also noted before, they keep getting dolla for average players - like the £19m Bournemouth paid for Dominic Solanke, who still hasn't scored a league goal for the club, and only got one for Liverpool. In fact he has bizarre career stats - just eight career club goals, but nine for England U21s, and ten for the U20s.

Yep Xherdan Shaqiri is the next on that list they bought him from stoke for £13.5 million triggering his release clause. He will join Roma in the Summer for 25.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Jan 2020 09:51

the recruitment has been shite...Ole has rec'd nowhere near enough to rebuild a squad. Utd are comparatively threadbare.

I'm sure Liverpool fans can now look back at some of their old teams with less delusion now and realise that at least half the players were shite and not of the quality to win the league

United fans are deluding themselves now with the likes of Maguire, Lindelof, McTominay etc...decent enough but nowhere near good enough, the equivalent of Murphy, Carragher, Spearing

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Jan 2020 09:59

Sanguine

Genuinely think you'd be nowhere near where you are right now without VVD...amazing signing!

Brentford have a similar data-based recruiting system as Liverpool...Utd are considering Cavani who has had 4 separate injuries in the last 5 months, stats padding in the French league (equiv Rangers or Celtic in the SPL),he's 33 and never played in the much faster and physical EPL

What the fcuk about all that suggests he will be successful

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Jan 2020 10:02

Liverpool recruitment >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> United recruitment

You also have a much better coach and system of play (think Stoke with better players :wink: )

Not sure Henderson would be anywhere near as good in Utd's system*

*only joking we don't have one

8627 posts