LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8640 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by BR0B0T » 06 Apr 2021 21:23

Orion1871 This can't be happening it is a mistake. Plenty of time left in the tie. Away goal and we're basically through.

oh dear...tie over?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 06 Apr 2021 21:35

BR0B0T
Orion1871 This can't be happening it is a mistake. Plenty of time left in the tie. Away goal and we're basically through.

oh dear...tie over?

No way. We have an away goal, they won't be able to handle Anfield.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Apr 2021 21:49

As bad as the players have been this is clearly all Orion’s fault

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 06 Apr 2021 21:54

Wait until the tie is over. Nothing I've said is untrue yet, I just got unlucky tonight with a player scoring two who usually couldn't finish his dinner.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Apr 2021 22:08

Silver Fox As bad as the players have been this is clearly all Orion’s fault

+1

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Apr 2021 01:26

Not at the races tonight, but the away goal still gives them a chance of progress, and they’ve come back from worse than this over the past few years :?:

Couple of strange calls from Klopp tonight though - not sure it was the right call dropping Firmino and the midfield was questionable. Furthermore, making a sub in the 43rd minute just before half time was rather strange too and perhaps rather unnecessary

If Keita’s Liverpool career was teetering after constant injuries and mediocre performances before tonight, a new level was hit with that early sub and I’d be surprised if he plays too many more times for Liverpool. For sure, they have too many CM’s, I count nine first team midfielders for them (Henderson, Fabinho, Jones, Milner, Shaqiri, Ox, Keita, Wijnaldum, Thiago) which is just too many, especially considering the lack of contribution from some of them

Finally, onto Trent, who’s demonstrated rather conflicting performances since his omission from the England squad with a superb game on Saturday before a rather disastrous one tonight. I guess it rather reaffirms the strength of his offensive play but also his limitations in defending against players with genuine quality. Either way, given the safety first approach of Mr Southgate - he may find himself in trouble

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Apr 2021 08:57

Orion1871
BR0B0T

oh dear...tie over?

Ah yes, what a fortress Anfield has been this calendar year... Liverpool have been excellent at home... oh wait no.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Apr 2021 09:19

URZZZZ Not at the races tonight, but the away goal still gives them a chance of progress, and they’ve come back from worse than this over the past few years :?:

Couple of strange calls from Klopp tonight though - not sure it was the right call dropping Firmino and the midfield was questionable. Furthermore, making a sub in the 43rd minute just before half time was rather strange too and perhaps rather unnecessary

If Keita’s Liverpool career was teetering after constant injuries and mediocre performances before tonight, a new level was hit with that early sub and I’d be surprised if he plays too many more times for Liverpool. For sure, they have too many CM’s, I count nine first team midfielders for them (Henderson, Fabinho, Jones, Milner, Shaqiri, Ox, Keita, Wijnaldum, Thiago) which is just too many, especially considering the lack of contribution from some of them

Finally, onto Trent, who’s demonstrated rather conflicting performances since his omission from the England squad with a superb game on Saturday before a rather disastrous one tonight. I guess it rather reaffirms the strength of his offensive play but also his limitations in defending against players with genuine quality. Either way, given the safety first approach of Mr Southgate - he may find himself in trouble

Agree with all of that. Real had obviously made a decision to attack the space between TAA's poor positioning and Phillips' lack of pace, and it paid off. The first goal was horrific defensively. No pressure on Kroos, who pinged a training ground pass right on to Vinicius' chest - the forward had started in space between the two central defenders but moved on to the ball like they were wading through custard.

I'd be surprised if we see Keita again - there's not much stronger a message than hooking someone two minutes before the half-time break.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Apr 2021 09:21

Really think Thiago is a poor fit for Liverpool, he just doesn't seem to be involved when he plays. You can tell he is very frustrated, seems to always pick up cheap bookings in games and has little or no influence. Not saying he is a bad player by any means but he is a bad fit for Liverpool.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Apr 2021 10:35

Is Vic MIA?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Apr 2021 10:46

BR0B0T Is Vic MIA?

He flounced a couple of weeks ago following some beef on AE.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Apr 2021 11:04

In 7th, out of Europe, everything is back to normal.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Apr 2021 11:13

BR0B0T In 7th, out of Europe, everything is back to normal.

We just need them to stay 7th and lose Mane, Salah and Van Dijk and Klopp. They can get King Kenny back in and fall into midtable mediocrity where they belong. They will of course then blame the Tories for it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Apr 2021 11:14

NathStPaul Really think Thiago is a poor fit for Liverpool, he just doesn't seem to be involved when he plays. You can tell he is very frustrated, seems to always pick up cheap bookings in games and has little or no influence. Not saying he is a bad player by any means but he is a bad fit for Liverpool.

Said this early on after he’s joined them and still stick to it - the transition from defence to attack seems a lot slower with Thiago in the team, they seem to play at a slower tempo

Admittedly, the team looked better after he came on yesterday but how much that was down to his introduction is another question

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Apr 2021 11:22

Sanguine
URZZZZ Not at the races tonight, but the away goal still gives them a chance of progress, and they’ve come back from worse than this over the past few years :?:

Agree with all of that. Real had obviously made a decision to attack the space between TAA's poor positioning and Phillips' lack of pace, and it paid off. The first goal was horrific defensively. No pressure on Kroos, who pinged a training ground pass right on to Vinicius' chest - the forward had started in space between the two central defenders but moved on to the ball like they were wading through custard.

I'd be surprised if we see Keita again - there's not much stronger a message than hooking someone two minutes before the half-time break.

Yep, Trent at fault for all three goals partially and Phillips, whilst he put in a few decent tackles, looked every bit of the Championship defender he probably is - although the blame can’t just be attributed to those two - seemed to be a real lack of pressing and intensity from the whole team which is so unlike a Klopp team. Got to give credit to Zidane though who clearly got his team to exploit Liverpool’s weaknesses and makes the poster that said this would be an easy tie for Liverpool a bit of a fool

Keita is one of those who clearly has some talent but can’t display it on a consistent basis, will do him better to move on this summer IMO and then hopefully stay off the injury table. Lallana spent a lot of his last few years at Liverpool injured but as far as I can see, has featured predominantly for Brighton this season - could possibly be saying something about Liverpool’s back room staff given the number of injuries they do seem to suffer

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Apr 2021 11:30

I'm not sure of the detail, but I've read in a couple of places that Liverpool's well-thought of medical team was replaced about a year ago, with apparently disastrous results.

I'd agree that a couple of Klopp's calls last night were odd, Keita over Thiago (who probably had his best game for Liverpool against Arsenal) being one of them. But I can also understand any frustration on Klopp's side - this game was the start of six matches in just over three weeks and he has to be able to rotate his squad, he can rightly expect more from a £55m midfielder.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Apr 2021 12:06

I just checked the fixtures, I'd assumed your Champions League QF was tonight but I can't see anything listed?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Apr 2021 12:08

Silver Fox

I just checked the fixtures, I'd assumed your Champions League QF was tonight but I can't see anything listed?

:lol: we're playing in the Mickey Mouse Cup on thurs m9

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Apr 2021 12:56

There's always the second leg at fortress Anfield.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 07 Apr 2021 13:28

Hendo
Orion1871
BR0B0T
oh dear...tie over?

Ah yes, what a fortress Anfield has been this calendar year... Liverpool have been excellent at home... oh wait no.

A big European night at Anfield is a different proposition to a PL game against Fulham. Comfortable 2-0 win coming in the second leg. 8)

8640 posts