LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8640 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Feb 2020 19:47

No gold PL trophy then for Liverpool for going unbeaten....and lost at Watford of all teams.
Watford worked hard but you have to say Liverpool looked utter sh+te and far from champions.....looked really lackluster at the end.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Feb 2020 19:58

One good thing that's come out of it I suppose is Liverpool fans may actually be able to see how much Henderson offers them. Outplayed by West Ham on Monday and again today. He's their most important midfielder and the likes of Keita and AOC who fans are constantly crying for don't offer anywhere near as much as Henderson

Although, most Liverpool fans seem to be blaming Lovren. Who was poor, but not the reason they lost

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Feb 2020 20:10

URZZZZ One good thing that's come out of it I suppose is Liverpool fans may actually be able to see how much Henderson offers them. Outplayed by West Ham on Monday and again today. He's their most important midfielder and the likes of Keita and AOC who fans are constantly crying for don't offer anywhere near as much as Henderson

Although, most Liverpool fans seem to be blaming Lovren. Who was poor, but not the reason they lost

Couldn't agree more about Henderson who has shown massive improvement over these past 2 seasons and is the driving force behind the team.
The thing about Lovren I feel is that he makes other defenders nervous.

BTW the commentator and Klopp's interviewer hadn't done their homework-when Liverpool take corners on the opposite side by the full-back then that full back stays over that side until the time is right to get back in position.
The stupid two from Sky thought it was some kind of tactical switch and Klopp laughed when the question was put to him and he broadly asked the interviewer if he had ever seen Liverpool play.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Mar 2020 09:19

URZZZZ One good thing that's come out of it I suppose is Liverpool fans may actually be able to see how much Henderson offers them. Outplayed by West Ham on Monday and again today. He's their most important midfielder and the likes of Keita and AOC who fans are constantly crying for don't offer anywhere near as much as Henderson

Henderson is one of the most underrated players in the league. Also arguably England's most important player imo.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 01 Mar 2020 11:16

Putting 10 pounds on man City to win the league

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Mar 2020 12:44

Ascotexgunner No gold PL trophy then for Liverpool for going unbeaten.

Was this actually a thing?

Anyway, a defeat was coming at some point, especially as they’ve not been looking great recently. Henderson out combined with Loren in was bound to be an issue but nobody came out of that with any credit, except for how they carried themselves afterwards. Good that Arsenal fans finally have something to celebrate.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Mar 2020 12:47

Simmops Putting 10 pounds on man City to win the league

I think you'll be putting 10 pounds on from eating humble pie with that bet.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Mar 2020 12:56

Silver Fox

Anyway, a defeat was coming at some point, especially as they’ve not been looking great recently. Henderson out combined with Loren in was bound to be an issue but nobody came out of that with any credit, except for how they carried themselves afterwards. Good that Arsenal fans finally have something to celebrate.

Indeed it was. The PL gave them a gold one for the achievement. I saw it in their trophy room when I did a tour. Not real gold though.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Mar 2020 08:50

Ascotexgunner
Silver Fox

Indeed it was. The PL gave them a gold one for the achievement. I saw it in their trophy room when I did a tour. Not real gold though.

Yeah, its only a little one as well, isn't it? Not a full-sized one.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Mar 2020 08:52

Chelsea away tomorrow, which will be interesting. Although Chelsea are practically useless at home.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Mar 2020 09:14

genome Chelsea away tomorrow, which will be interesting. Although Chelsea are practically useless at home.

I have a feeling they will lose. If they do it will blow the title race WIDE open.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Mar 2020 09:15

Simmops
genome Chelsea away tomorrow, which will be interesting. Although Chelsea are practically useless at home.

I have a feeling they will lose. If they do it will blow the title race WIDE open.

Well, that might be difficult, given that it's an FA Cup match

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 02 Mar 2020 09:16

Not sure going out in the Fifth Round of the FA Cup leads to any point deductions in the PL.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Mar 2020 09:32

Ascotexgunner No gold PL trophy then for Liverpool for going unbeaten....and lost at Watford of all teams.
Watford worked hard but you have to say Liverpool looked utter sh+te and far from champions.....looked really lackluster at the end.

Just 'one of those days' - difference is Liverpool have had one in a year, where they couldn't find a goal, nevermind a way to win, whereas even the best teams normally have a bad day at the office every ten games or so.

Re Lovren, there was an analysis I read of Van Dijk's position at Watford vs. prior games - in a nutshell, he offered far less protection to his full-back, as he was covering for his teammate, either out of necessity or, it seemed, a lack of confidence in his defending.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Mar 2020 09:33

genome
Simmops

Well, that might be difficult, given that it's an FA Cup match

Well it might do. They will be tired and deflated.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Mar 2020 09:50

Simmops

I've been asking the Liverpool fans at work if they're feeling nervous yet.

Their response :
Given that Liverpool could lose 7 of the next 10 having only lost 2 in living memory, they're not worried yet.
If they only won 3 more, City would probably need to win ALL their remaining games (depending on goal difference). Difficult to see City winning all their remaining games like last year. If they drop 6 (2 defeats or 3 draws is not inconceivable in 11 games) then a couple of wins is likely more than enough.

Even the more nervous Scousers seem to think it's a done deal now.

Now if they lose at home to Bournemouth ...

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Mar 2020 10:05

Selection will be interesting by Klopp tomorrow. Liverpool seem to be better in a 'rhythm' - their players are immensely fit and the winter break seems to have done them no favours, but he will need to give key players some rest during a period of three games in eight days against Chelsea (a), Bournemouth (h) and Atletico (h), with the latter obviously the priority. So on the basis you'd perhaps expect less game time for those players against Bournemouth, I wonder if Klopp will go for the treble and play a strong team at Chelsea.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Mar 2020 10:08

Franchise FC
Simmops

I've been asking the Liverpool fans at work if they're feeling nervous yet.

Their response :
Given that Liverpool could lose 7 of the next 10 having only lost 2 in living memory, they're not worried yet.
If they only won 3 more, City would probably need to win ALL their remaining games (depending on goal difference). Difficult to see City winning all their remaining games like last year. If they drop 6 (2 defeats or 3 draws is not inconceivable in 11 games) then a couple of wins is likely more than enough.

Even the more nervous Scousers seem to think it's a done deal now.

Now if they lose at home to Bournemouth ...

I think you'd have to be a special kind of idiot to think Liverpool won't win the league now and bet on City

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 10:09

Sanguine Selection will be interesting by Klopp tomorrow. Liverpool seem to be better in a 'rhythm' - their players are immensely fit and the winter break seems to have done them no favours, but he will need to give key players some rest during a period of three games in eight days against Chelsea (a), Bournemouth (h) and Atletico (h), with the latter obviously the priority. So on the basis you'd perhaps expect less game time for those players against Bournemouth, I wonder if Klopp will go for the treble and play a strong team at Chelsea.

Chelsea are there for the taking at the moment, awful defensively. Reckon he will play his best team and hope to be comfortable by half time, he can then rest the key players in the 2nd half.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Mar 2020 12:27

Silver Fox

This is what I meant about injuries to key players...how long is Henderson out for?

8640 posts