The footballer gets arrested thread

2139 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The footballer gets arrested thread

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Aug 2020 10:00

Does anyone actually believe the Greek police? Aren't they extremely corrupt and generally bent?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Aug 2020 10:05

Broadly - as the Maguire story on the news moved on to the apparent trial of Ann Sacoolas in absentia, I couldn't help thinking that as a country we're very happy to run down the police and justice systems of other countries when it suits us.

Sacoolas committed a crime in the UK and should be punished.
Maguire it seems did the same in Greece, and I'm not too hasty to suggest he has been fit up, with no evidence to suggest it other than his family claiming so.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Aug 2020 11:55

Im inclined to believe the Greek police may be less tolerant of Brits abroad but I can absolutely see Maguire saying "Do you know who I am? Here's £200 to forget about it"

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 26 Aug 2020 11:57

Old Man Andrews Does anyone actually believe the Greek police?

Not sure Maguire's "some Albanians injected my sister with drugs"* defence definitely sounds 100% legit.

* or was it that she got stabbed as was the original excuse 'leaked' to the press.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 26 Aug 2020 12:52

6ft Kerplunk

Not sure Maguire's "some Albanians injected my sister with drugs"* defence definitely sounds 100% legit.

* or was it that she got stabbed as was the original excuse 'leaked' to the press.

As I understood it his sister got injected with something by some Albanians, she passed out. It's no wonder her brothers kicked off. Maguire and family thought they were being taken to the hospital but ended up at the police station where he claims he offered to pay a fine to get released. Presumably they kicked off again at this injustice, and just wanted to get to the hospital.

I've not heard anything about the police doing anything about this Albanian gang who presumably are doing this on a regular basis to unsuspecting girls.
Last edited by PieEater on 26 Aug 2020 12:54, edited 2 times in total.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 26 Aug 2020 12:52

From Despair To Where? Im inclined to believe the Greek police may be less tolerant of Brits abroad but I can absolutely see Maguire saying "Do you know who I am? Here's £200 to forget about it"

I can absolutely see you doing the same thing!

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 26 Aug 2020 12:54

PieEater
6ft Kerplunk

As I understood it his sister got injected with something by some Albanians, she passed out. Maguire and family thought they were being taken to the hospital but ended up at the police station where he claims he offered to pay a fine to get released.

I've not heard anything about the police doing anything about this Albanian gang who presumably are doing this on a regular basis to unsuspecting girls.

It just all seems a bit far-fetched, even if it was/is true!

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 26 Aug 2020 14:37

Sanguine Broadly - as the Maguire story on the news moved on to the apparent trial of Ann Sacoolas in absentia, I couldn't help thinking that as a country we're very happy to run down the police and justice systems of other countries when it suits us.

Sacoolas committed a crime in the UK and should be punished.
Maguire it seems did the same in Greece, and I'm not too hasty to suggest he has been fit up, with no evidence to suggest it other than his family claiming so.

+1

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Aug 2020 16:25

BR0B0T
From Despair To Where? Im inclined to believe the Greek police may be less tolerant of Brits abroad but I can absolutely see Maguire saying "Do you know who I am? Here's £200 to forget about it"

I can absolutely see you doing the same thing!

Unlike Maguire, I'm not from Yorkshire, so don't possess an overwhelmimg sense of self importance.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Aug 2020 00:44

Oh dear, Harry has spoken out on the beeb website....doesn't scan too credible, in all fairness....incredible sequence of events....but then, when you are famous and all that....they’re gunning for you I suppose.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Aug 2020 07:53

Why do famous people insist on giving TV interviews following scandals? Has it ever helped them in the long run?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Oct 2020 13:28

Not so much arrested but banned. Barnsley defender Bambo Diaby has been handed a 2 year ban from the game for taking a banned substance.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2020/ ... statement/

Oddly he was found not guilty of knowingly taking a banned substance but still gets the ban.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Oct 2020 10:25

BR0B0T
PieEater
6ft Kerplunk Not sure Maguire's "some Albanians injected my sister with drugs"* defence definitely sounds 100% legit.

As I understood it his sister got injected with something by some Albanians, she passed out. Maguire and family thought they were being taken to the hospital but ended up at the police station where he claims he offered to pay a fine to get released.

It just all seems a bit far-fetched, even if it was/is true!

Did you not know Taken was a documentary?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Nov 2020 23:27

Ryan Giggs. Suspicion of assaulting his mrs.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 03 Nov 2020 09:18

Winston Biscuit Ryan Giggs. Suspicion of assaulting his mrs.

He comes across such a quiet and unassuming character, but he's clearly a bit of a cnut.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Nov 2020 15:51

Zammo
Winston Biscuit Ryan Giggs. Suspicion of assaulting his mrs.

He comes across such a quiet and unassuming character, but he's clearly a bit of a cnut.

Not least by getting rather too friendly with his brother's missus

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Nov 2020 08:13

:shock:
Premier League footballer arrested on suspicion of rape and false imprisonment

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 1605254495

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Nov 2020 11:09

Pepe the Horseman :shock:

Going round on Whatsapp it's Greenwood.
Lindermann spoke to Ian Lewis a high profile jew solicitor he personally knows, he said Greenwood took some 17 year old home she’s ended up staying at his over a day her mum has reported her missing, one of her pals has said where she is. The old bill have turned up asking what’s going on and said why haven’t you rang home to let your mum know where you were and she’s said that he wouldn’t let her use her phone or let anyone know where she was, and they’ve carted him off for kidnap.
Got let out at 3am Saturday morning.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Nov 2020 13:24

LWJ
Pepe the Horseman :shock:

Lindermann spoke to Ian Lewis a high profile jew solicitor he personally knows, he said Greenwood took some 17 year old home she’s ended up staying at his over a day her mum has reported her missing, one of her pals has said where she is. The old bill have turned up asking what’s going on and said why haven’t you rang home to let your mum know where you were and she’s said that he wouldn’t let her use her phone or let anyone know where she was, and they’ve carted him off for kidnap.

Yup, the religion of the lawyer is a key fact in this case well worth pointing out to fit certain narratives... :twisted:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Nov 2020 19:12

Uke
LWJ

Yup, the religion of the lawyer is a key fact in this case well worth pointing out to fit certain narratives... :twisted:

Yeah, oxf*rd hell LWJ.

2139 posts